Chapter 1 - A New Environment

Fate Brought Me You

Please comment guys! Or I might just discard this fic if no one reads it :(

Present Day - September 1st

I'm Katrina Lee. I'm 18 and I'm a seer. Or so I've been told, for as long as I've been able to remember things. Aunt Annabelle reminds me everyday that I'm meant for great things. I have no clue what she means but I'm pretty good at using my "seeing abilities" as an excuse. Like coming to this ridiculously expensive school in Korea. I told Aunt Annabelle that my "sight" told me to register for the school and that something big is going to happen and I must prevent it. She bought it immediately and now I'm here. The truth is, I just want to get away from that suffocating environment. My cousins...they actually believe the that Aunt Annabelle and the rest of the tribe feeds them. If people in my family could really see things, then my parents wouldn't have died and left me behind.

"Ms Lee? Ms Lee?" The lady at the front desk calls my name and I snap back into reality. 

"Oh I'm so sorry! You were saying?" I ask innocently and flash her a smile.

"Well I'm done processing your data and everything is in place. Now we just need to get you to your dorm." She says kindly.

"Thank you,--" I quickly glance at her name plate, "Miss Kim."

"No worries dear. Now just wait a moment and the class president will come get you. He should be here by now..." Ms Kim says while looking around behind me. I turn around too, clueless as to who I am looking for, but looking nonetheless. 

"I'm here." Says a deep voice behind me, and I start. I silently curse my "seeing powers" in my mind. What good will they do if they don't warn me of anything?

"Oh hello Kris. Where's Su Ho?" Ms Kim asks the guy - Kris.

"He's busy. He asked me to come in his place." Kris shruggs and glances curiously at me. I smile back nervously. He's really tall, like 190 I'm guessing. And I'm not short, considering I'm 168.

"Well, don't worry." Ms Kim assures me. "Kris is the vice-president. You're in good hands young lady!"

"I'm Kris." He smiles and extends a hand. 

I'm stunned by his smile and he looks at me quizzically. I blush as I realize I have been staring and quickly take his hand. "Katrina."

We shake hands breifly and I note how cold his hands are. 

"Come on. I'll show you to your dorms." He walks to the door and holds it open for me like a gentleman. 

All right, here goes nothing. I tell myself and step through the door into a new environment.