Vamp Mechanics

Fate Brought Me You

Hi everyone! Im still on vacation but I have much free time and inspiration sooo here you go! Thanks to sekai-chan for the awesome comment! You made my day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lay side-by-side with Kris on his king size bed as we chatted about mindless things. Eventually, we ran out of things to talk about and I turned to him with a half-serious face. "So, tell me about yourself. Your vampire self."

Kris looked at me for a second before he spoke. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything. How much of what they write in books are real? How do you become one? And how did you become one?"

At my last question, Kris laughed. I frowned and rolled onto my stomach. "Why are you laughing? I'm serious!"

He pulled me unto his chest and I felt his laughter vibrate through me. "Yes, I know you're serious, love. That's what makes it funny."

I looked at him confusedly. "Well, do tell."

He smiled. "I didn't become a vampire. I was born one."

I must've looked so stupid when he told me that, with my mouth open and gapping at him. "What? I thought vampires were turned! What? How?"

He laughed again and pushed me down onto him but I put my elbows under my body and pushed myself up so he knew I was serious.

"There are two types of vampires." Kris explained patiently. "One is born and the other is made or turned. Of course, both types are fast, strong, attractive and immortal. But those of us that were born as vampires, such as Lu Han and myself, are much stronger, faster and more attractive than the other kind, like Tao. We often have special powers too."

"What...special powers?" I asked.

He shrugged. "It differs depending on the vampire. Chanyeol and I can control fire, Lu Han can move objects telepathically and so on."

I thought about what he told me. "So Tao was changed..." 

Kris nodded. "Yes, he's the odd one out in our group. Everyone else was born. But Su Ho thought Tao's martial arts would be useful, so he was turned. Obviously, the new strength and speed have been helpful."

"What do you mean by...useful?" I questioned.

Kris frowned. "We have enemies too, you know. If we ever got into a fight, Tao's martial arts would be invaluable. The way he fights is human, even though he's inhumanly fast and strong. That way if people see, they don't suspect much."

It was hard to imagine that vampires also had enemies. They were so strong. "Who are your enemies?"

Kris smiled. "That's for me to worry about and you to forget about. There aren't many left so don't worry. Ask me something else."

I didn't like that we weren't completely open with one another but I respected Kris' wish so I asked him something else. "Okay then, tell me about how...you guys feed."

"Are you writing a book on vampires?" Kris joked. "Why do you want to know how we feed? We bite and we ." And he flashed me a smile, exposing his slightly pointed canines.

"I meant like, how often do you need to feed? Does the hunger for blood bother you?" 

Kris pondered that for a moment. "Well I only speak for myself. Typically, the hunger is harder to control for turned vampires. They need to feed more often to stay in control or they'll go into a frenzy and attack the humans around them. For us, or at least me, the thirst for blood is always there." And at that, he brushed the hair away from my neck, and caressed what I believe was my vein. "But we can divert our attention to other things." And he kissed me lightly on the lips. "So you're safe with me. Don't worry."

"Do you need to feed as often then?" I asked.

"Nope. Much more in control." He smiled his killer smile again.

"So does it have to be human blood?" I wondered out loud.

Kris laughed again. "You mean if the Edward Cullen and Stefan Salvatore diet actually work?"

I laughed too. "Yeah. The vegetarian diet."

"No it doesn't work. We have to drink human blood to keep our bodies running. Animal blood does not act as a fuel and it doesn't taste good." He said as he ticked off his fingers.

"Okayyy. So how do you turn someone?" I asked. That was the actual question I had been dying to ask the whole time.

"Why? Do you want to be turned?" Kris asked curiously. I bit my lower lip. Did I?

When I did not respond, Kris sighed and pushed me off of him. "Yeah, I didn't think so." He sat up and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Hey, that's not what I meant. I'm just not sure right now. I don't know what it is we have between us. I don't know how I feel about us, about you. And i don't know how you feel about me." i lowered my head in dejection. 

Kris put an arm around me, and when he spoke, he sounded tortured. "I know what you mean..." Then his voice brightened up, "I told you about vampires. You should tell me about seers in return." I looked up at him. I could still see pain in his features but he was trying to hide it for me, and I was grateful, so I told him about my family history.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I'm so sorry about the awful formatting! I typed it up on my iTouch so I didn't know how bad it was. Sorry! Read it again? :)