Chapter 17 - Brand New Eyes

Fate Brought Me You

Hi guys! Thanks for your overwhelming support! Wow 5 comments for one chapter? I think that's the most I've gotten so far! I'm sorry about the late update :S This website hasn't been working for me the past few days, so blame the internet or firewall in China hehe (ok I hope nothing happens to me for saying this). Anyways, read and comment! Thanks! xoxo - Cat

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fine. I'll do it." Kris finally relented after he was sure that I was determined to turn, no matter it was by his hands or someone else's. 

"Wonderful. Saves us quite some trouble." Su Ho exclaimed. I didn't doubt for a moment that he would rip my heart out if I were to become a werewolf.

"Okay. So, what happens?" Seems like i had signed up for something I only had a vague idea about.

"I'll have to drain you of most of your blood and then when you're weak enough, I'll feed you my blood." Kris said simply.

"Drain me?" I squeaked. Okay, I didn't think I'd have to go through a near death experience when I asked to be turned. 

"It's either that or he kills you after you drink his blood." Kai in. "Your choice."

Kris looked slightly annoyed but he acknowledged what Kai said, "You will become a vampire if you die with sufficient vampire blood in your system. But I could never let you die, so we'll have to do it the first way. Don't worry, I have very good self-control. I'll stop myself when you get weak enough." He smiled reassuringly.

"Will it hurt?" I whispered. I imagined my organs all failing and then blacking out.

Kris shrugged. "I've never turned anyone but Tao tells me you just get rather sleepy as the time nears."

"Okay, - " I took a deep breath to prepare myself, and then noticed that the others were still in my room, "Can you guys leave?" 

Su Ho and Lay nodded but Kai only snorted, "We can still hear you even if we go out." I glared at him, "I wasn't asking Kai." He sniggered and walked out too.

"Alright," I turned back to Kris. "Bite me."

Kris chuckled at my order, "As you wish, love." He proceeded to push me onto my back on his bed and without warning, he sank his fangs in my neck. I flinched. Not so much at the pain of his sharp canines but at the fact of how fast he had bitten me. I clutched unto his shoulders as he the blood from my neck.

I don't know how long it was before he stopped but I felt positively jittery. Wasn't I supposed to feel tired? Ok, it was probably the werewolf virus affecting me.

Kris raised his bloody wrist to my mouth. "Drink." He ordered.

So being the good girl who didn't want to die, I clung onto his wrist and drank. It was sweet and kinda thick - sort of a mixture between red wine and fruit punch. I could feel myself getting stronger with each swallow. I could hear things that I hadn't been able to before. I could see the stitches on the quilt. Alright, that's enough. A voice told me in my head. I obeyed the voice and stopped. Good girl. I looked at Kris witha shocked look, "Were you just in my head?"

Kris grinned. "Isn't it awesome? It's our special telepathic connection."

I stared at him shell-shocked. "Does-does it exist between all vampires?" 

He shook his head. "Only between creators and their children. I sired you, so we have this bond."

I wanted to ask more about this "bond", but Kris was already standing up. "C'mon, the transition isn't over yet. You have to drink human blood."

And as if on cue, the door opened and in walked SeHun with a bag of blood. I blanched. I had to what?