Chapter 7 - The Truth

Fate Brought Me You

Ok this is my last update for today (and possibly for the next few days!). I'm kinda tired and I want something to watch. Anyone want to recommend a drama to me? :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tugged on Kris' arm. "Please, Kris you don't understand! This is about life and death!"

"Yes of course I know this is about life and death. If your wound gets infected you could die." Kris said sarcastically.

"Kai is a vampire!" I blurted after my failure to get his attention.

That got his attention alright. He turned around to look at me, noticed I was serious and then turned around and continued walking. "I know."

I was shocked. He knew?

He brought me to his room and made me sit down on his bed then went to his washroom and brought out a first aid kit. He kneeled down in front of me and held my cut arm gingerly. I winced when he disinfected my wound but I was motionless other than that. I hadn't noticed how bad the wound had been until I realized that it had to be wrapped up to stop the bleeding.

"Explain." I demanded while Kris was still wrapping up my bandage.

Kris sighed and threw the cotton swabs into the garbage bin (at the other end of the room) with ease. A beautiful parabola. 

"It's our secret." He said simply and continued where he had left off with the bandage.

"Secret? This is not a secret that you can keep! He's probably drained my neighbour dry by now!" I said angrily and pulled my arm away. Compared to this, my secret about my seeing powers was nothing. 

Kris shrugged. "She'll be fine. He knows when to stop."

"Does he? Because I saw her unconscious in his arms!" I screeched while waving my arms. The bandage unraveled itself and my wound was exposed again.

"She's alive. She just needs to sleep it off." Kai's voice cut in from the doorway. I shrieked and threw the closest thing next to me (a pillow) at Kai. He caught it with ease and threw it back onto the bed. 

"Leave Kai. You're not helping." Kris ordered.

Kai snickered, "She thinks she's safer with you. But I'm the one who has fed."

"I said leave." Kris repeated angrily. Kai held up both his hands and walked away.

I turned to Kris, frightened. "What does he mean?" 

Kris frowned and put a hand on my shoulder. "You need to calm down. You hyperventilating isn't helping."

I stared into his eyes and noticed that his irises were rimmed with a red color. Just like Kai's had been. I shrieked and swatted his hand away. He was a vampire too. Thats what he meant by "our secret". 

I tried to run out of his run but he was much faster than me and he blocked my way. "Katrina, calm down. You're bleeding and it isn't helping me. As Kai said, I haven't fed lately. Please sit down so I can finish what I started."

I looked down at my arm. It was exposed to the air and fresh blood was oozing out of the wound. Ok, maybe it would be better not to flaunt that in front of a vampire. So I sat down obediently and let Kris wrap up my arm.

"We're all vampires. The 12 of us living in this building. That's why we have our own building. So we don't accidentally expose out secret to the humans." Kris explained patiently while wrapping my arm. "Of course, we still need to feed. You saw Kai doing so. We alter the girls' memories so that they think we slept with them when we only drink their blood. We don't need to take too much if we feed frequently and we wont harm the girls either."

"Oh."

Kris tied a knot on my arm and sat down beside me on his bed. "Anything else you want to know?"

There was a silence as I thought about what he said. "Why haven't you been feeding? Isn't it dangerous to go around hungry?"

"It's not necessary for us to feed frequently." He said curtly.

"But Kai does. And he hinted that it was safer for me to be with him because he had fed." I pushed.

"That's just because it's you. It wouldn't matter if it was someone else." Kris said, still hiding something.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked.

"Your blood." 

"What's wrong with my blood?" It was red like everyone else's.

"There's nothing wrong with it. It smells very...."

"Very..?" I prompted.

Kris put his nose next to my neck and inhaled. "Alluring." He whispered.

I shivered. Not just because of his words but also because of his cold breath on my exposed neck.

"Don't move." He murmured as he put a hand on the other side of my neck. 

"Kris." I breathed as he nuzzled my neck. "What are you doing?"

"Shhh...Just let me..."

And he bit me.