Chapter 2 - The EXO Dorm

Fate Brought Me You

Thank you to my first subcriber! This chapter is for you~~ 

Again, comments and reviews are greatly appreciated! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed silently behind Kris as he navigated his way through the enormous school ground. Kris was content to stay quiet but the silence was unnerving me.

"So, um, Kris. What year are you in?" I asked awkwardly. In my urge to leave the tribe, I hadn't done much research about this university and I wasn't sure if the system was 4 years for basic undergraduate or 3 years.

"Third." Kris replied as he turned to look at me. 

"Oh. ok. I'm in my first." I said.

"I know." Kris said and turned away.

I blushed. Well of course he knew, who signs up for things and comes completely unprepared? I felt like an idiot for telling him. I opted to stay silent as talking only seemed to make me seem dumb.

Gradually, we started passing places with more students and people started to point in my direction. Mostly girls of course. Some of the braver ones called out Kris' name and waved enthusiasticaly at him. Kris smiled and waved back but kept walking forward. 

I pulled my bag to myself self-consciously and hurried after Kris. I didn't like the way some of the girls had looked at me. It was as if they were saying "look at the new girl who wants to steal whats mine". I didn't need enemies.

"Don't mind them." Kris said, seeing me walk faster. "They're not harmful."

"Well, better safe than sorry." I blurted.

Kris looked at me curiously. I looked away desperate to find something to divert his attention. "What's that building over there?" I pointed at a 2 story building partially covered by trees. It looked inviting, in a rather ominous way.

"It's the EXO dorm." Kris said simply.

"It looks...kinda creepy." I commented.

"I live there."

I turned around with raised eyebrows. "Oh, I mean, uh, creepy in a good way?" Oh god I was really hopeless.

Kris laughed lightly. "It's ok. We wanted it to look that way."

"We? Who's we?" I asked.

"Oh. Members of the council." Kris replied dismissively.

"And how many of you are there?" I pushed.

"12, including myself." Kris said.

I craned my neck to look back at the dorm. It was awfully big for just 12 people. Since I wasn't looking at where I was walking, I ended up bumping into Kris' back as he had stop walking.

"Ow. Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I apologized while rubbing my right cheek.

"It's alright." Kris replied. "We're here at your dorm. There's probably a map of the school sent to your email already, along with your schedule."

"Ok. Thank you!" I chirped and turned to bow to him.

As I stood straight, Kris suddenly bent down and whispered in my ear. "You can come find me if you have questions. You know where my dorm is."

I blushed bright pink and he chuckled before taking his leave. I stomped upstairs to find my room, all the while cursing my powers and their lack of use in these situations.