Prologue

Fate Brought Me You

Hi Everyone! I'm Cat and this is my first fanfic...ever! Please read and review! Thank you!

The prologue is written in 3rd person POV but the rest of the fic will be in 1st person POV.

_____________________________________________________________________

 

June 16th 1994

"Honey! Could you please get the door? I'm putting Katrina to bed!" A woman's voice called from the second floor of a house. Her voice was followed by the faint giggle of a baby, who was clearly not ready for bed.

"Whoever it is can wait! I just sat down with my drink and I don't want to get up!" A man's voice followed up from the living room.

There was a moment of silence followed by a knock on the front door. When no one went to the door, a louder knock followed. 

"John I'm serious! You're making my life really difficult here! Just get the damn door!" The woman called angrily.

John sighed and proceeded to open the door. 

"Look--it's really late right now and my daughter needs to go to bed." John said impatiently without sparing the person outside a glance. "Could you come back another time?"

"Hello John." A woman's voice replied.

John started and suddenly became very tense as he slowly raised his eyes to the woman standing in front of him. "Annabelle." He acknowledged.

"Well? Aren't you going to invite me in? Appaling manners you have." The woman said.

"Why are you here? I thought we made it clear we didn't want anything to do with you lot!" John said angrily.

The woman named Annabelle laughed coldly. "My lot. Don't kid yourself John. You and Sarah and that child you're both hiding are very much part of my lot."

At the mention of his daughter, John became even tenser. "Annabelle--"

"John, why are you standing in the doorway? And who are you talking--" John swerved around at the voice of his wife, giving her a full view of Annabelle and effectively answering her question at the same time.

"Why hello dear sister, long time no see." Annabelle smiled.

Sarah's face paled and she seemed as if she was about to faint. John immediately rushed to her side. Annabelle invited herself in, seeing as no one was standing in her way.

"How did you find us?" Sarah whispered, grasping desperately onto her husband's shirt. 

"Find you? We never lost track of you. We've simply waited for the right time to claim what belongs to the tribe. You and your husband are useless to us but I'm sure your daughter is very gifted." Annabelle scoffed as she surveyed the house. 

"We told the tribe that we wanted nothing to do with it anymore! We left!" Sarah panicked.

Annabelle looked at her sister as if she had grown antlers on her head. "You cannot just leave the tribe. You knew from birth that we, of the tribe, are gifted with the power of the sight. You do not have this power because it is dormant in you. But that only makes you daughter's power stronger. What was her name again? Katrina, yes?"

Sarah shook her head frantically. "No! There is no daughter! You are mistaken." 

Annabelle looked at her sister with a look of disgust and then snapped her fingers. Suddenly, 4 men dressed in black rushed into the house and held down Sarah and her husband. "You are still bad at lying, Sarah." She proceeded to walk up the stairs to Katrina's room despite Sarah's screams of protest.

"No! Annabelle don't! Take me! I'll do whatever the tribe wants! Just leave her alone!" She pleaded with her merciless sister.

"Oh please Sarah, don't flatter yourself. Why would the tribe want you? You can't do anything. Not even follow orders." Annabelle said as she openned the door to the baby's room. She appeared moments later with a sleeping child in her arms and proceeded to walk down the stairs and out of the house.

"Kill them." She said to the 4 men, without sparing her sister or her brother-in-law a glance.