Miyoung's Singing Coach

기다리다 (Waiting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Choi Dae: What?

- Kim Kibum: I need to talk to you

- Choi Dae: About?

- Kim Kibum: Can we meet up somewhere?

- Choi Dae: Right now?

- Kim Kibum: Is now a bad time?

- Choi Dae: It’s…sudden. Can it wait?

- Kim Kibum: It’s kinda important, but I guess it can wait. Just call me when you’re free.

- Choi Dae: Sure

Dae got out of her car and walked back to her apartment. When she got in she saw Ha-Neul and Eunmi cooking dinner. Ha-Neul mood had definitely changed from when she was in the car.

“Look who’s joining us for dinner!”

Dae looked at Eunmi “That’s great…but where’s Miyoung?”

“She has vocal lessons now. And since I didn’t want to spend my evening alone I thought I’d drop by…Plus I haven’t seen you guys in forever and I wanted to say hi.”

“Who’s her teacher?”

“Yesung.”

Dae and Ha-Neul both became wide-eyed and Ha-Neul almost choked on the food she was tasting.

“Yesung? How did she manage to get him as a teacher?!”

“Because she’s lucky and the universe loves her! She gets a hot lead vocalist who’s in a hot boy band as a vocal coach and I get this old mean lady who yells at me a lot. It’s not fair!”

Ha-Neul started to laugh. “That for you.”

“Right! Ugh, Sometimes I wonder if she even knows how lucky she is”

Meanwhile, Miyoung was in a recording studio with her new vocal coach. They were just sitting down getting to know each other. Yesung found out all of Miyoung’s goals and her dream about becoming an idol. She also told him about how she first decided to become an idol and how Eunmi has helped her to come this far.

“So you both need each other…That’s very important when becoming a group.”

“Really? How come?”

“It shows that you both rely on each other and that you’ll stick with each other through thick and thin. Most groups with relationships like that usually last the longest. That’s why Leeteuk hyung makes us talk everything out.”

Miyoung looked at the clock. Only 30 minutes had passed since they had started talking. Yesung stood up and started looking through a filing cabinet in the room. He went through multiple files before he found what he was looking for. He got out a sheet of paper with music notes and lyrics. He gave the sheet to Miyoung and she stared at it blankly.

“Sing”

“Woah, what?”

“You didn’t think that we’d just be talking the entire time, did you?”

“Well no, but-”

“Miyoung, I have other students who are serious about this. If you can’t-”

“Hold on! I never said I wasn’t serious! Why do you think I’m paying you so much? I’m just…nervous. You want me to sing this with no music?”

“Most of the best singers and composers can do this with no problem. And this is the exact same training you’d see at SM. You should consider yourself lucky that you’re getting this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter