The Dinner Date

기다리다 (Waiting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the cafe, Eunmi head back to the apartment. She could tell that Miyoung had already been there because the kitchen was full of treats. She searched thre whole place for her roommate but all she found was another pink sticky note taped to her door.

 

                          “Japanese class finished early. Went shopping with Dae and Ha-Neul. Won't be back till 7.

 

-Miyoung.”

 

Eunmi just sat on the couch and watched TV till Miyoung came back. It was 6:50 and Eunmi had watched 2 movies and had taken a nap by the time Miyoung returned from her shopping spree. Miyoung opened the door and found her friend sleeping on the couch. She smiled and left a bag by her feet. Inside was a red hoodie, it matched a pink hoodie that Miyoung had bought for herself.

 

Today wasgoing great for Miyoung. She got to see her namja chingu first thing in the morning, aced her Japnese quiz, went shopping, and now she got to relax while getting ready for her date with Youngmin at 8. She got into the shower and got lost into the warmth hitting her bare skin. When she stepped out of the shower she scanned the bathroom for her pink towel. She couldn't find it so she was to the laundry basket and pulled out Eunmi's red towel that she had just washed in the morning. Once she was dry she emptied her shopping bags in search of the dress she had bought for her date tonight. She quickly slipped on the dress and looked for a cardigan to wear on top.

 

Her dress was a white, boat neck, sleeveless dress, with a layer of cream coloured lace. The material hugged her skin which helped make her S-line visible to the eye. She was debating whether or not to wear it because it was knee length and it was freezing outside. But when she heard the door knock she quickly put on her black flats and her black cardigan. When she opened the door she almost stumbled over. She was shocked to see Youngmin leaning against he door frame with a pink rose in hand.

 

When he looked at her he smiled. "Not only is pink your favourite colour, but the meaning of the pink rose is happiness, romance, and admiration. I don't know about you, but i think that's just perfect."

 

Miyoung took the rose and blushed. He kissed her on the cheeks and took her hand in his as he led her to his car. The ride asn't lang, and time past even faster because the two were joking and laughing the whole was to the restaurant.

 

Youngmin took Miyoung to a very simple Thai restaurant, it wasn't too fancy but it was perfect for a first date. He opened the door for her and put his arm around her waist as they walked into the restaurant. An elderly man came up to the couple and led them to the check in desk. Without being asked anything, Youngmin simply said "Reservation for Jo."

 

The man check his list until he found the reservation. "Oh yes, please follow me" And the man led them to a small square table next to a window. The lights were dim and there was a small candle on the table. He seated them down and handed them menues. "Please be patient and a waiter will be with you shortly." Youngmin just opened up the menu while Miyoung stared out the window. 10 minutes later, a young looking man approached the table. "Annyounghasaeyo! My name is Kevin and i'll be your waiter for this evening." He turned to Miyoung and gave her an eye smile. "Can i get you anything?" Miyoung didn't take any notice of his actions, but Youngmin gave him a look. Then Youngmin ordered for the both of them; he ordered a simple dish of noodles and chicken for the both of them, and a side dish of fresh vegetable.

 

"Alright, and what would you like to drink?"

 

"Umm, i'll have some red wine, and she will have some ice cold water with a lemon on the side."

 

"Wait! I...I want to try some wine." Miyoung hid half of her face behind her menu to hide her embarrassed face. Both of the boys were shocked. Then Kevin looked at her. "Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter