His Good Side

Opposites Attract

Everyone's busy talking with their partners for the project, except for Naeun and L.joe. Their distance is only 20 inch away from each other but it seems like it's miles away 'cause their not communicating. But silently, Naeun is thinking on how will she make him talk about the project. And she's thinking how will she approach him where he would listen to every single word. She's been sitting on her seat for almost 30 min. just by thinking of ways, she glanced at her desk and saw the sticker note there. So she came up with the idea of leaving him a note.

 

She wrote there: "Annyeong! Pls. come to the cafe near our school after class, let's talk about our filming. This is important, pls. come! I'll be waiting for you there."

                                                     Son NaEun :)

Naeun: I think this is enough. (tear it from the pad)

Suddenly L.joe stood up from his chair and walked outside the room. It's her opportunity to paste it on his desk so she did paste it then fixed her things and went to her art class. L.joe came back inside the room, he did noticed the note in his desk but he didn't even bother to read it. Instead he crumpled it and put it on his pocket. Right after her art class, she directly went to the cafe and waited for him. She comb her hair, applied a little amount of powder in her face. While Naeun is seriously waiting in the cafe, L.joe who didn't red the note was with his group Teen Top they are hardly practicing for a dance battle. Chunji was also a part of the group but he was busy so he can't join this time around.

[Cafe] NaEun: i'm hungry. (her hand placed on her growling tummy) i think i'll eat while eating. He could undestand that, for sure.

She ordered a small plate of chocolate cake and for her drinks she have milk shake. "Time flies so fast" she said to herself while slicing the cake into smaller bites thinking how she and HaYoung met because of this when they were just 8 yrs. old. She remembered how they would run to their school canteen just to have a slice of a chocolate cake, and how they are bullied by their classmates. She finished eating her food but still no L.joe came to see her. Minutes, Hours passed but not even a shadow of him showed up.

NaEun: Maybe he's just late. I'll wait here. I know he will come. Aigoo~ Please Lord, give me a sign that he would come. 

 

No signs at all. NaEun, looked like a fool sitting there the whole time waiting for him. She's really disappointed, she stood up and went to the bathroom. On her way to the bathroom she bumped into a girl with long black hair, skinny figure and undeniable dazzling charms. 

NaEun: Oh, mianhaeyo. (bows)

Woohee: Arasso. 

NaEun: (went to her table) He really didn't came. (look outside) Aigoo~ it's raining. I don't have my umbrella here. (sigh)

The pouring rain was so hard that NaEun was already soaking wet, when she came home her body temperature was not normal. She's really hot and obviously sick because of the rain. Her mom and dad were really worried that they suggested to bring her at the hospital but she kept on saying no and it's not a big deal.

 

[Next Day]

G.na checked the class attendance, when she called NaEun's name no one's answering but for the second time NaEun suprisingly enter the classroom.

NaEun: Annyeonghaseyo! I'm present.

G.Na: Ok, please sit down.

NaEun: Nae.

G.Na: Let's proceed. So how's your project?

Class: It's good Ma'am.

G.Na: How about you Ms. NaEun, any problems working wih your new classmate?

NaEun: Oh, we DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ma'am, IN FACT he's REALLY GOOD & COOPERATIVE. (Obviously clarifying the words which are opposite from the truth )

G.na: Ok, that's good. Take your sit.

She gave L.joe a stare and smirked. L.joe did the same to her. It was break time when NaEun walked in front of him to confront him about what happened yesterday. 

NaEun: Yah, Lee ByungHun-ssi. Maybe you're---- (she collapsed on the floor)

L.Joe: (quickly stood up from his chair) NaEun! NaEun! ( gently tapping her cheek) She has a high fever

G.Na: Aigoo~ What happened? Bring her to the clinic!

 

Everyone panicked because of what happened. He gently carried her into his arms and went to the clinic. Even L.joe was nervous and frightened with the situation. ChunJi and HaYoung rushed to the clinic too after being informed by NaEun's classmates. L.joe was sitting at the bedside, and was waiting for NaEun to open up her eyes.

 

ChunJi: L.joe, what happened?

HaYoung: What did you do to her?

L.joe: Molla. I didn't do anything. She was just in my front then she collapsed. She has a high fever but still she went to school.

HaYoung: Maybe she got wet from the rain yesterday. Didn't you bring umbrella yesterday?

L.joe: What? Me? Umbrella? I don't get it.

ChunJi: Yah! Don't tell me you didn't come to see her! 

L.joe: See her?

HaYoung: All i know is she told you to come to the cafe near the school after classes and you'll talk about your project. 

ChunJi: So you really didn't come?

L.Joe: I don't know any ideas about meeting her at the cafe. She didn't told me. 

 

He think twice then he remembered the sticker note that he crumpled yesterday. L.joe excused herself to the two and went outside. He searched for the note in his pocket and straightened it. He red it, after reading it he was like "Damn! How come it's my own fault?" He sneaked at the door and saw ChunJi & HaYoung taking care of her. He left the School Campus. No one knew where he was going, but it's really a miracle that this young men went to a fruit market and bought fresh fruits. He came back to the clinic and seeing no one was around except for NaEun who was resting, he placed the fruits of basket in the table and left. 

NaEun woke up, saw her mom at her bedside and hugged her tightly. She noticed the basket of fruits and ask who bought that. Her mom just said that she didn't know and maybe it came from ChunJi. But she has a feeling that it didn't came from ChunJi nor HaYoung. So to be sure if she's right that it's him she asked one more question.

NaEun: Eomma, who brought me here?

Eomma: I've heard that it's a good-looking guy. Ah... As far as i remember, your partner in the project? L. L. L. .. oh, i forgot the name

NaEun: L.joe. His name is L.joe. (secretly smiled)

 

L.joe suddenly came out of nowhere.

L.joe: Annyeonghaseyo! (bowed)

Eomma: Oh, Annyeongahaseyo good looking young man. (shake hands with him) I'm her mother

L.joe: L.joe imnida.

NaEun: What do you need?

L.joe: Just wanted to hand you this out. (gave a video cam to her)

NaEun: What's this?

L.joe: We'll use that for the filming.

NaEun: Jinjja? 

L.joe: Nae

NaEun: (whisper) this is a miracle. cold hearted on the outside but very soft inside. Who would ever thought that he have a good side eh?

L.joe: what?

NaEun: Nothing, gomawo for this and the fruits.

L.joe: fruits?

NaEun: Didn't you bring that? (pointed at the basket)

L.joe: its not mine. (denying the fact)

NaEun: oh, i see.

L.joe: i'll go. (bowed) oh, let's start filming after you get well.

NaEun: Nae. (smiled) walk slowly!