Falling For Him

Opposites Attract

Its already weekend, NaEun usually spend this time either cleaning or hanging out with her friends. But this time is different, she picked up her phone underneath her pillow and started to dial a number. Then out of nowhere, she realized that she doesn't have the number of L.joe.

Naeun: ow, i forgot. I don't have his number.

Her mom, knocked on the door and peeped in.

Eomma: Naeun-ssi, get up. We're going to eat our breakfast.

Naeun: Ah, nae.

Eomma: Be sure to hurry up.

Naeun: Nae.

 

She hid her phone on her pocket, and went out her room to eat breakfast.

Naeun: Good day Eomma, Appa! (kissed their cheeks)

Appa: Ahh~ My sweet Naeun! I will miss this.

Naeun: Oh? Wae? We're living together, why miss this?

Her father will go to the states to fix some business problems there, and her mother will follow after her father's departure. Her mom didn't tell her yet, since she knows it will be hard for their daughter.

Appa: Didn't you tell her?

Eomma: Ah. That.

Naeun: What's the problem?

Appa: I'm leaving to fix some problems in our business. And your mom, will follow 2 days after my departure.

Naeun: Mwo? Eomma, why didn't you tell me? you will not stay there long, right? (tears started to fall down)

Eomma: We don't know, it depends on how long we can fix the problem.

Appa: Don't cry my daughter.

Eomma: My precious child. (hug naeun)

 

After eating up their breakfast, Naeun wiped the table and she washed the plates. Her mom and dad, noticed how sad their daughter was. Although leaving her alone was against their will, they can't do anything. They tried to talk to her again but she's quite not in the mood. To avoid the situation in their house right now, Naeun decided to go out. She dressed up herself and brushed her long hair with sadness in her eyes.

She's wearing this:

She went to a book shop, there she spend her time looking for interesting stuffs to read.  After she picked and bought one, she decided to go to a cafe. She has a lot of things on her mind right now, she don't know what to do. Her mind and soul is not in her body right now, it's like she's out of herself. She was crossing the street, and she  didn't noticed the traffic lights was red. A car was already ahead her, but someone pulled her out of the road and hugged her tightly. Naun felt so shock and frightened, if that guy didn't save her maybe she's in the hospital right now. The guy was hugging him so tightly that she can feel his warm embrace. She pushed the guy, and to her surprise she saw L.joe in front of her.

L.joe:  What do you think you are doing? Going to kill yourself? Are you out of your mind?

Naeun: Oh.. (She turned her back to him and started to walk)

L.joe: Yah! don't you have plans to thank me?

Naeun: (stopped and faced him) Oh, Mianhaeyo! And Kamsahamnida! (bows while tears started to fall)

L.joe: (came towards her) Are you alright?

Naeun can't hold her feelings anymore, so she hugged him and cried. He felt awkwardness when she hugged him, but because he can feel her sorrow he still ended up hugging her. Many bypassers were staring at them, and Naeun noticed it so she released him from her hug.

Naeun: Mianhae. (bow)

L.joe: (speechless)

Naeun: I'm going first.

L.joe: Naeun.

Naeun: Nae?

L.joe: Come with me.

 

Even if she doesn't have any ideas where would they be going, she followed him. They stopped at a parking lot, L.joe picked up his car's key on his pocket and opened the door of the car. He got inside while Naeun blankly stood outside.

L.joe: Yaa, get inside.

Naeun: Ah, nae.

Instead of opening the door in the front seat, she chose to go to the back seat's door. But she can't open it since it's lock.

Naeun: Ah, please open up.

L.joe: (get out of the car) What are you doing?

Naeun: Oh.. I'm supposed to sit at the back, right?

L.joe: Did i told you to sit at the back?

Naeun: Anio.

L.joe: Go inside. (open the door in the front seat)

Naeun: Nae.

 

The atmosphere inside the car was very very awkward. It's very silent. No one dares to speak, even a single sound like "ah". While L.joe was driving, she couldn't help to stare at him. His cool gaze, his y lips, his high-bridged nose, perfect skin complexion, the way he move, it's like he passed the standards of every girls' ideal type. He noticed the way he stare, so he broke the silence after he spoke up.

L.joe: What are you looking at?

Naeun: Uhh.. oh.. ahh, the sight there near your window. Isn't it nice?

L.joe: I know you're looking at me.

Naeun: Ani.

L.joe: (stopped the car, unfastened his seat belt and brought his face to her)

Naeun: (Looked away)

L.joe: What's wrong with you? You're blushing.

Naeun: Yaa, I'm not. And don't come near me!

L.joe: I'm just going to tell you to go out!

Naeun: Oh, how dare you!

 

She murmured while she went out the car, then just shut when she saw him walking towards her.

 

He brought her in this place.

 

Naeun: I thought you're leaving me?

As usual he didn't reply to her question. Naeun, just smirked and talked to herself.

Naeun: Kicked me out of his car, then followed. I don't know what's wrong with this guy.

L.joe: Yaa, I didn't kick you out.

Naeun: But it sounds like that! You should've said it nicely! (crossed her arms)

L.joe: Whatever! Can't you just keep quiet and relax?

Naeun: How can I keep quiet and relax if I don't know what to do if my parents temporarily leave me alone?!

L.joe: (walk behind her back, widely spread her arms)

Naeun: Yaa, what are you doing?

L.joe: (cover with his hands) Just shut up, ok? Do whatever I told you. Now, close your eyes and take a deep breath. Feel the wind.

 

After that, he go back to his place and did the same thing. He spread his arms, close his eyes, took a deep breath. She opened her one eye, then the other one. She couldn't help it, but her eyes are only focusing at him. His eyes closed, it's like an angel came down from heaven. Then suddenly, L.joe spoke up and interrupted her moment.

 

L.joe: Don't just look at me.

Naeun: I'm not looking at you.

L.joe: Geojitmal!

Naeun: (changes the topic) Why did you bring me here?

L.joe: Whenever I'm sad, I always go here with Chunji. But most often I go here alone. And you're the first girl that i brought here with me. In  this place I can cry or laugh by myself. Who would care if i do those things here? All who passes by in this place are only vehicles. If i'm angry I can shout here. If I want to relax, i can do it freely.

Naeun: I see.

L.joe: I can feel your sadness, if you want to cry. Go ahead.  You know... My parents are not always at home.. I usually wake up and sleep alone in our house. I even it alone. Sometimes our helpers are there but they our not enough. I don't need them.. I need my mom and dad.

Naeun: (took a deep breath) Anio. I will not cry.

L.joe: (look at her) Wae?

Naeun: I will be strong. My problem is not as big as yours. It's not even one fourth of your problem. That's why I'm so sorry to hear that.

L.joe: (Smile)

Naeun: Oh? It's the first time you smiled at me. (get her phone in her pocket and captures L.joe's smile)

L.joe: Yaa, delete that!

Naeun: I will not. It's a remembrance! A remembrance that a guy who acts cool and cold hearted at school, also have a beautiful smile!

L.joe:  I'm already handsome even without smiling.

Naeun: Yaa! Keep on bragging. Ididn't tell you your handsome whether you smile or not.

 

Naeun's POV:

Omo.. Why did I say that. Honestly, whether he smile, smirk or whatever stuff he does... He's handsome.. He's cute.. He's cool. Even though we're opposite to each other, I can also be comfortable with him. Aigoo~ My heart.. It's thumping so fast! Am I falling in love with him?