Chapter 1 The First Meeting

Opposites Attract

Summer is about to end, so for a high school student like NaEun she must enjoy it like there's no more tomorrow. Since she's the only child, her parents were not that strict to her that's why she can hang out with friends and even sleep over their houses. But her parents always remind her that even if their not strict NaEun herself should also follow some rules and she should know her limits. 

(Feb. 10,2012, At a Cafe near HongDae)

NaEun is sitting at a table at the corner while sipping her cup of hot choco milk.  Suddenly, her friend HaYoung came.

HaYoung: Hey! NaEun-ssi, how have you been? Enjoying your drink alone? 

NaEun: Oh!(a bit surprised) HaYoung! What's the matter? You missed me already? (teases HaYoung)

HaYoung: Nae. hehe, and also I want to greet you. "Saengil Chuka NaEun-ssi!" (shouts like an idiot)

NaEun didn't remember that it was her birthday, and she always forgets it. A guy in a waiter attire then came and gave NaEun an Ice Cream Cake. 

ChunJi: "Saengil Chuka Hamnida!" (in a sweet voice)

NaEun: ChunJi? Is that you? Oh you guys would give me a heart disease, you always love to surprise me.

ChunJi: (sits beside HaYoung) Because you're special, that's why.  

(The atmosphere became silent, both NaEun and HaYoung stared at him)

ChunJi: Wae?(he's quite nervous) ahh, She's special because she's our friend! 

NaEun: I know i'm so special. haha

ChunJi: You're really still the same. (put an icing on her nose)

HaYoung was feeling a bit awkward since she like ChunJi a lot but she thinks that he really like NaEun. NaEun noticed it, so she put an icing on HaYoung's nose too.

NaEun: There it goes. It looks good on you HaYoung-ssi! (tried to make her friend smile)

HaYoung: (Smiled) Yeah, 'cause i'm pretty.

ChunJi: You girls really have a lot of confidence on you when it comes to beauty. (sigh)

NaEun: Yah! So you're saying that we're not pretty? (gave HaYoung a look)

HaYoung: I get it. (started to count 1-3)

ChunJi: O-Oh! (covered his face)

The girls took revenge at him and put icings on ChunJi's face.

HaYoung: Oh no, time to go. (checked her handphone)

NaEun: Wae? it's still early.

HaYoung: Well, eomma texted me and said my cousin from busan came. So i need to be there. 

ChunJi: Want me to give you a ride? 

HaYoung: Anio, i'll be fine to go home alone.Just be with NaEun.

NaEun: I'll be alright here. ChunJi, you go with HaYoung.

ChunJi: Nae, but are you sure you'll be fine? I'll be back after giving her a ride so wait for me.

NaEun: (smiles) Ok.

So HaYoung and ChunJi left NaEun alone.After a while, she noticed that ChunJi's handphone was left at the chair. She hurriedly went outside the cafe to see if the two was still there, but she's too late 'cause the car was not there anymore.

NaEun: I'll just give this to him when his back. (sigh)

When she turned around, a guy bumped her and accidentally the hot drink that the guy was holding spilled at her.

NaEun: Ouch! So Hot! Aigoo~ my arm.

L.Joe: This is all your fault! you're not looking on your way! Another trouble maker here. (throws the cup)

NaEun:  Mianhe, if i'm too stupid. I'll just buy you another one. (about to walk)

L.Joe: No need. Here take this. (gave his hankerchief to NaEun)

  L.Joe then ride his motorcycle and left just like a boss.

Deep inside NaEun was really pissed off with L.Joe's character but since she doesn't like arguments she just let it all pass. She was about to enter the cafe when ChunJi arrived. 

ChunJi: NaEun! (He called her)

NaEun: (looked back) Oh, You're here already. 

ChunJi: HaYoung requested me to just send her at the bus stop, that's why i'm already here. Let's go? 

NaEun: Uhm, Where are we going? 

ChunJi: Just come with me. (winks)