Can't You Just be Thankful?

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

Chapter 7

Bom’s POV

“Oppa, where are you?”

“I’m still at the office, why?”

The man on the other line answered.  I missed his deep manly voice and the sweet tone he uses when he talks to me.

“When are you taking me out for dinner?”

“Ugh.. I’m really sorry.  I’ve been very busy lately.  I promise I’d make it up to you soon.”

This man who I yearn for every waking day of my life has a busy life that keeps him from me.  But despite this situation we’re in, he still does his best to make me happy.  We don’t see each other often, but when we do, we make the most out of it.  He’s the man I adore.  The only one I long for.

“Seunghyun-ssi.”

“Noona?”

“Are you still at school?”

“Uh, why?”

“Wanna have dinner together?”

“Sure.  I finish at 3.”

“Hmm, I finish work at 6.”

“I know.  I have some books to find in the library anyway, so I’ll just wait for your call there.”

“Okay.”

--

Tabi’s POV

First day of class and I’m a student again.  I don’t know what to expect.  I’ve been through all of this, but as if I had a choice.  I woke up early today, around 7 and as usual, Dara fell asleep in the couch with the TV on.

Do I really have to do this for her all the time?

I switched the TV off and went out to the garden for some fresh morning air.  I went back in after about half an hour and boiled some water.  I went out to get the daily newspaper.  When the water boiled, I made a cup of coffee and toasted 4 pieces of bread.  It was about time for Dara to wake up.

I went back up to my room with my coffee and toast.  I picked up my Political Science book and browsed through it while eating my breakfast.  At around 9, I started getting ready for class.

“Seunghyun-ssi”

“Uh”

“Is this yours?”  Dara held the plate where the toasts were.

“Uh”

“Are you going to eat it?”

“No, I’m leaving.  You can have it.”

“Why do you keep making a lot of toasted bread if you’re not going to eat them all?  What if I didn’t want to eat them?  It would be such a waste.”

It was totally irritating listening to her whine early in the morning.

Can’t you just be thankful?  And besides, you always ate my leftover toasts every morning for the last seven days.

“Leave it if you don’t want to eat it.  I’ll it eat when I come home.”

“Forget it.  It tastes better when it’s fresh.”

Tch.

Statistics class has just finished and Political science is next at 11.  No dramas so far.  What I like about college is that people don’t really give a damn about introductions, I think it’s coz you’re with different people in every subject and the number of classmates decreases every month.

After Pol Sci, it was lunch break.  I was eating lunch with some other students that I don’t know when my phone suddenly rang.

“Seunghyun-ssi.”

I smiled at the familiar sweet voice that greeted me from the other line.  Bommie noona was playing with honorifics again.

“Noona?”

“Are you still at school?”

“Uh, why?”

“Wanna have dinner together?”

“Sure.  I finish at 3.”

“Hmm, I finish work at 6.”

“I know.  I have some books to find in the library anyway, so I’ll just wait for your call there.”

“Okay.”

This was one of those days when I feel exceptionally happy.  Bom isn’t really the type to invite anyone for a meal.  She’s a chic.  But I know she’s up to something, I just don’t know what.

When she finished work, she picked me up at the 7eleven store near Dankook and as usual, she let me drive that babe car of hers.  We went to a beach side restaurant and ordered some fresh seafood that we had cook by ourselves.

“Noona, is there anything you want to talk to me about?

“Nothing, why?”

“Sure?  Coz you don’t usually invite me for a meal.  The last time you invited me for a meal was when you had a fight with your ex-boyfriend, who I never met.  And now that I think about it, that was really a long time ago.  Ever since, it has always been me who invited you first.”

“Was it?  Sorry.  Let’s change that then.  Tonight, I invited you for a meal simply coz I want to have dinner with you.  My mood is up and I feel much happier now that I’m with you, in the beach, with the seafood.”

She smiled very sincerely and it was enough to melt my heart.  Our fresh fish and prawns were served and we started grilling it.  When the prawns started to get cooked, noona peeled one and raised it with her hand.

“Congrats, Seunghyun-ssi, for your first day back in college.”  She smiled playfully and fed the prawn to me.

I picked one too and peeled it for her.  I stood up and bowed like crazy and raised the prawn and said, “Thank you Bom-ssi.”

Bom noona laughed and I just watched her enjoying herself.  As the night was going deeper, the stars were becoming more and more visible.  We stayed longer after we finished our dinner.  We marvelled at the beautiful blanket of stars above us and just enjoyed each other’s company.  It was getting late, and as much as I wanted to stay with her a bit longer, I knew it was best to go home already.  I know she was tired from work and she had to drive as well.  She gave me a ride home and bid me goodbye.  I had to let her go again.

--

Bom’s POV

“Oppa.”

“Bommie-ah”

“Where are you?”

“I’m home now.”

“Have you had dinner yet?”

“Uh.  You?”

“Uh.”

“By yourself?”

“No.”

“Mianhae, Bom-ah.”

Sigh

--

Dara’s POV

“Oh Seunghyun-ssi, you’re here.  Did you eat dinner already?”

“Uh.”

“Are you sure?”

“Uh.”

“Okay.  If you feel hungry later there are some ramen on the cupboard.  I went to the grocery today.”

“Uh.”

His responses were so short; I don’t think he was even paying attention.  He never looked at me once.  Is he still mad because of that toasted bread argument we had that morning, or was it still because of that tiger prints incident?

Seolma

He kept ignoring me but I watched him walk up to the stairs.  He suddenly turned around and pointed at me.

“You.”

“Me?”

“Can you please sleep in your bedroom?  It would help save electricity and it would help save the earth.”

“what?”

After saying that, he continued walking up the stairs and went in to his room.

What a strange guy.  What kind of person would suddenly talk about saving the earth at this hour of the night, out of nowhere?

 

--

Saturday.  D-day.  I was pumped up for tonight coz tonight was the night that I’m going out with Jiyong (alone) for the first time.  Tabi also went out with some friends he met at school.  Unbelievable but he actually managed to make some friends.

It took me more than 2 hours just to decide on which clothes to wear.  Last time I went clubbing, I wore a mini dress which drew pretty much a good amount of attention, and it wasn’t comfortable.  But aren’t girls supposed to wear a dress when out clubbing?  I needed to look pretty tonight coz this might me Jiyong and I’s first date.  I couldn’t hide my excitement.

I put on a red mini dress with lace straps, and a pair of black pumps with 4 inches heels.  Just after I’ve done the finishing touches for my makeup, the doorbell rang.  I hurried downstairs, which was a struggle coz of my 4-inch pumps.  I opened the door and found Jiyong smiling very brightly.  He was wearing a red leather jacket with badge pins, a plain white shirt underneath, a pair of black jeans, and a pair of sneakers.  His hair was tied in a messy ponytail.  He looked gorgeous.

-----------------------------*****************************----------------------------------------****************************-----------------------------------------***********************

DARAGON, FTW!

JUST TROLLING... IN MY OWN FIC. OTL

 

WE'VE ALL READ DARA'S DESCRIPTION OF HOW JI LOOKED, AND IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT SHE WAS AMAZED XD

WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS JI'S REACTION WHEN HE SAW DARA WITH THE RED MINI AND BLACK PUMPS?

WHERE DO YOU THINK TABI WENT TO PLAY?  AND WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THOSE "NEW FRIENDS" HE PLAYED WITH?

YOU DON'T KNOW?

YOU DON'T KNOW?

DON'T WORRY, I DON'T KNOW EITHER. XD