I Wanna Make It Up To You

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

Chapter 10

Dara’s POV

After Daesung and I spent the whole afternoon catching up on each other, we finally had to part ways again.  He had to go meet his Nun cousin for dinner.  He hailed a cab for me.

“Noona, let’s go out again sometime soon.  I’ll call you.  Or you call me.”

We hugged each other for the last time and he shut the door for me.

When I came back home, Tabi was still lying on the sofa.  It seemed like he hasn’t gotten up yet.  There wasn’t water in the kettle.  There wasn’t a plate in the sink.  Everything was untouched.  He must have been lying there the whole day.  I’ve tried sleeping the whole day before and it didn’t feel good when I woke up.  My stomach felt like it had been stomped on a couple of times and my head felt like it was banged on the wall.  I knew it would be worse for him since he’d been drinking the night before.  I decided to wake him up.

“Seunghyun-ssi.  Seunghyun-ssi.”  I shook his shoulder a few times but he only responded with a weak moan.  I tapped his cheek a couple of times and I realized he was hot.  He was burning with fever.  I shifted his face to my direction and he looked very pale.  His lips were dry and bluish.  He started shivering and he was mouthing something.

“Cold.  C-cold.”  He uttered weakly.

“Oh my gosh.  What to do? What to do? You’re burning.  What do I do?”

I hurriedly ran upstairs to grab more blankets and covered his whole body up.  I also brought my desktop heater down and placed it just above his head.  I quickly poured some cold water in to a small basin and grabbed a face washer.  I placed the damp washer on his forehead to help reduce his fever.  I kept doing it and kept monitoring his temperature.  He finally stopped shivering.  It was around 8 in the evening when his temperature went down from 40 to 38 degrees.  He was still asleep.

I went to the kitchen to make some porridge and heat up a packet of herbal medicine I had in the fridge.  When the porridge was ready, I tried to wake him up again.

“Seunghyun-ssi.”

Finally, he opened his eyes.

“Noona.”

“Wake up for a while and have something to eat.  I made some porridge though I don’t know how it tastes.  But it doesn’t matter, your tastebuds aren’t working anyway.”

He tried to sit up slowly but he was struggling coz he was still a bit dizzy.

“Here, I’ll help you up.  Give me your arm.”

I sat close to him and fed him a spoonful of porridge.

“How is it?”

“Hot…”

“Good.”

His tastebuds aren’t working.

I fed him all of the porridge in the bowl and he ate it pretty well.

“Seunghyun-ssi, now that you’ve had something in your stomach, it’ll be alright for you to take some tablets.  Wait here while I go get some from upstairs.”

He nodded.

I went up to my room and searched my drawers but there weren’t any fever tablets left.

“Seunghyun-ssi, I ran out of tablets.  Do you have any?”  I called out to him from upstairs.

“I think so.  Try to check my medicine box in the bottom drawer of my study table.”

I went in to his room.  It looked different from when I last saw it.  He’s arranged his stuff in a clean and simple way.  He had a shelf filled with books and photo frames, a set of speakers and his study table, where his desk lamp and laptop were. I went to search for his medicine box in the bottom drawer as he told me and I found the tablets.  When I stood up, I accidentally hit something and a photo frame landed on his bed.  I picked up the frame and looked at the photo.  I recognized the woman in the photo.  I knew I saw her somewhere.  My eyes widened in disbelief when I realized that it was her from the noodle house earlier.  The woman that I met earlier with Mr. Park.

Could it be?

“Did you find it yet?”

I hurriedly placed the frame on the empty space of the shelf and grabbed the tablets.

“Uh.  I’m coming down.”

I gave him the tablets and he took it with warm herbal medicine that I heated earlier.  I helped him lay back down and covered him with blankets.  Again, I placed a damped washer on his forehead.

I woke up at around 2 am but I didn’t realize that I fell asleep.  I checked his temperature again and it was normal.  I got up and cleaned up all the mess in the living room and in the kitchen and finally went in to my own bed at around 3.

--

Bom’s POV

I went to my father’s office to drop off my portfolio filled with my new designs.

“Father, how have you been?”

“The same.  You?  Are you happy?”

“Yes, father, I am.  And you?”

“If you are then I’m contented.” I smiled at my father’s words.

“Father, what are your plans for me?”  He smiled back when I threw the question.

“Would you follow it if I told you?”

“I’ll have to think about it after you tell me.”

We just smiled at each other.  My father knew me so well.  He has been a good friend and a guardian to me.  Not once did he force me to do things that only he wanted me to do.  I grew up being responsible because of him.  He gives me words of wisdom but he always leaves the decision to me.

He sat down on his chair and held my portfolio.  He scanned it leaf by leaf.

“You’ve done a pretty good job with this set.  As usual, you never disappoint.”

“Thank you, father.  Then I must leave now.”

“Aren’t you staying for dinner?”

“I’m a grown woman with a busy life.”  I smiled at.

He chuckled at my statement.

“Oh well.  I guess you are.  Well then, I’ll see you some other time.”

--

Tabi’s POV

I woke up around 9 am and it was too late for me to attend my only class for the day.  I was sweating like crazy and I realized that I was wrapped up in 3 winter blankets.  I remembered that I was sick last night and Dara looked after me.  I searched for her in the and in the garden but I couldn’t find her so I went upstairs and I could hear her snoring from inside her room.  She must have been really tired.  She has been very nice to me lately so I decided to return the favour.  I quickly changed my clothes and headed out to the grocery store.  I was planning to cook dinner for us.  It’ll also be a good excuse so she wouldn’t have to cook her god-forsaken fried rice for me.

After buying all the ingredients I needed, I went to the drugstore to buy some medicine for supply.  I was on my way home when I happened to pass by a shoe store at the entrance of the mall.  It displayed most of the shoe brands and designs that I liked.  I decided to go in and shop for a little while.  I also found some of Bom noonas designer shoes.  They all looked pretty and elegant, just like the designer.  I realized that it has been a long time since I last went for shopping, so I decided to look around more inside the mall since it was still early.

--

Dara’s POV

I woke up to the sound of my cell phone ringing.

“Hello?”

“Noona, where you at?”

“Who’s this?”

“It’s jiyong.”

“Uh, jiyongie… JIYONG? Uh how are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling better now.  Youngbae came over yesterday and he told me that you asked him to come instead of calling.”

“Uh… good to know.”

“Noona, are you doing anything today?”

“Nah.  Actually, I just woke up.  Why?”

“I feel sorry about leaving you in the club so I wanna make it up to you.  Let’s go somewhere.”

“Where?”
“Anywhere.  I’ll pick you up at 12.”

“Okay.”

After that call, I suddenly felt hyper.  It was like all my energy was refilled.  It was 10:30 so I started preparing myself.  I took note of Jiyong’s style when it comes to clothes; just simple jeans and top, and flats.  After I had a shower, I put on a white top with a big red apple printed on the front, a pair of blue skinny jeans and a pair of flats.

I went downstairs to check on Tabi but he was no longer there.  He must have felt better already and went to class.  I cleaned the house a little bit just to kill the time and it was 10 minutes to 12 when the doorbell rang.

Jiyong arrived riding a pink scooter.  He was sporting a white wife beater and cargo shorts, and a pair of sneakers.  He had his hair tied in a messy ponytail again.

He handed me the helmet and we drove off.

We strolled around the park in the afternoon and drove around the city when the night fell.

We bought some fried chicken and drinks and brought it to the club where he’s working at.  The club closes every Monday so basically nobody was there.  We went straight up to the rooftop.  He showed me the view and it was very beautiful.  The city lights looked amazing.  He set up a blanket on the floor and we had or dinner there.  I enjoyed the moment so much, I lost track of time.

--

Tabi’s POV

I had so much fun shopping after a very long time that I didn’t realize that it was getting late in the afternoon.  It was almost 5 when I got home, just about time to start cooking.  I prepared everything from rice to side dishes and drinks.  After this, she would think that I wasn’t too bad of a person.

I finished preparing all the food and the table when I realized that I haven’t seen a shadow of her today.  Didn’t even hear a sound from her ever since I got back from the mall.  I went upstairs to knock on her door but there was no response.  I tried to turn the knob and it wasn’t locked.  I opened the door, to my disappointment no one was there.  I wanted to call her but I didn’t have her number.

Stupid!

I went back down and covered the food to keep the flies from devouring them.  I decided to watch a movie in the living room while waiting for her.

 

I finished the whole movie but she still hasn’t come home yet.  It started to rain and I grew hungry.  It was already 9pm.

Forget it!  I’m hungry.

I heated the food and ate by myself.  Just when I was clearing the table after eating, I heard some voices from outside.  They were talking and laughing.  I thought that they were close enough to the door to be heard inside. Then suddenly the door opened and Dara and the guy from the club came in laughing.  They were drenched from the rain.

I felt angry.  Or not.  I wasn’t sure.

-----------------*****************-----------------------------************************-----------------------------------**************************-------------------------************

*EVIL LAUGH*  >XD

BCOZ I NAUGHTY NAUGHTY

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M *EVIL LAUGH* - ing ABOUT

LOL

you know you're comments inspire me, right?

no?

well, now you know. :D