Revelations

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

 

Chapter 15

Bom’s POV

I was sitting in my office, pushing myself to get busy and trying to forget that disappointing conversation Teddy, dad, and I had at lunch, three days ago.  Three days ago, but I hadn’t heard a word from Teddy oppa.  What’s up with him?  Why hadn’t he called me yet?  Isn’t he worried about how I’m feeling?  What a selfish guy, only getting upset by himself.  I didn’t even hear from dad.  He doesn’t really call me often, but I don’t know why I worry about it either.  Maybe it’s coz that lunch ended unpleasantly.  It wasn’t my fault, though.  They both know that I didn’t want to talk about those kinds of rushed stuff especially if they involved me and Tabi.  It’s too complicated, and they should know better.  My mind was flooded with so many thoughts and worries that I didn’t notice the lady standing by my office door.  Minzy?

It was Minzy, my favourite dancer.  I always like to design and make clothes for her.  Her body is just amazing; it would drive every guy crazy.  It has a perfect proportion; shoulders, chest, waist, hips, bum.  Oh her bum.  I’m very envious.

“Ya Gong MinJi!” I stood up from my chair.

“UNNI!!”  she ran to me gave me a big tight hug.

“Hey kiddo, how have you been?  Ommo! You’re looking y as ever.  Wait, no.  You look ier than ever!”

“Eyy, unni will always be ier.”

“Geojimal!”

“It’s true!  I envy your legs.  Your skirts and mini dresses compliment them so much.”

“I envy everything about you!”

“Eyy, unni~~.” Minzy smiled shyly.

“Let’s have coffee.  The building on the other side has a coffee shop that serves jjang coffee.”

“Really?  Sure.  But you’re paying, ok?”

“Aihoo, this brat.”

We went to One Stop Coffee Prince.  It was the best coffee shop in the area and it was just across the street from my office building.  I have been going there for ages.  Not only did they serve delicious cakes and coffees, their baristas and waiters were cute too.  They were all flower boys.  No wonder ever the girls from the highschool 5 blocks away would come all the way here.

“Unni, I know you’re hardworking but I never thought you were this obsessed with work.”

“Huh?  What do you mean?”

“It’s Saturday.”

“Oh, right.  I was actually planning on staying home this morning and go shopping this afternoon but I realized that I had to pick something up from my office.”

 I lied.  I was busy trying to get rid of the thoughts in my head, I didn’t realize that it was Saturday, no wonder Lydia wasn’t around in the foyer.

“Really?  So you’re not that busy?  Let’s go shopping together then!”  Minzy exclaimed excitedly.

“Sure, but you’re paying.”  I teased.

“Unni~~”

“Kidding.  By the way, how’s dance school?  And when did you get back?”

“Good.  But it wasn’t as exciting as I thought it would be, I mean, the dance routines seem to be stuck to with the basics, like we’re not moving forward.  And yeah, I just arrived today.  I went to your apartment but you weren’t there.  I’m glad you still didn’t change the passcode and I was able to leave by luggage there.”

“Woah our Minzy levels up every time.  And I didn’t change the passcode coz I can’t be bothered with it.”

 

After coffee we strolled in the park and took photos and talked a bit more.  We bonded and did a lot of catching up for the last 11 months.

--

Dara’s POV

When I woke up this morning, I was in the sofa with my casual clothes still on.  I guess I fell asleep here last night, well.  I got up and realized that I had a blanket.  I’m sure I didn’t go upstairs last night to grab the blanket coz I if I did went up, I shouldn’t have gone back down.  And I’m sure this blanket wasn’t here when I got home.  Could it be..?  no way.  I thought it could have been Seunghyun, and the thought kind of made me smile, I don’t know why.  But it’s impossible.  He’d happily leave me freezing in the cold.  But if it’s not him, then who else?

Seunghyun came down the stairs yawning.  I was waiting for the water to boil.

“Oh, you’re up.” I greeted him.

“Dara-ya—“

“Yah Choi Seunghyun!  I told you I’m older than you!”

“I feel sick.  Do you have any tablets?”

I suddenly felt worried and  I rushed to where he was sitting.  I put my hand on his head and his neck to feel his temperature.

“You’re a bit hot. I’ll make honey lemon tea.”

“That’s alright, you don’t have to bother.  You can just give me some tablets if you have any.”

“Natural is still better, you know.  And besides, can’t you see that I’m making an effort here?”

“Why would you?”

“Well, let’s just say someone put a blanket on me while I was asleep last night.  I was very touched and I’m kind of hoping it was my housemate and not some ghost.”  I smiled at him.

“What if it was a ghost?” he gazed at me seriously.

“Ya!  Are you kidding me?!  I’ve lived here almost all my life and not a single spirit has ever put a blanket on me before!”

He chuckled at my sudden rage until we found ourselves both laughing.

I made him and myself some lemon tea and for the first time, we finally had our conversation.  He asked me where I went yesterday and what made so tired to fall asleep in the living room again.  I told him what happened and he seemed to understand since he knew from the beginning that I was planning to put up the food cart business.  He teased me about how unlucky I was but took it back anyway.  He even gave me a ‘fighting!’

“But Seunghyun-ah, is it so hard for you to call me noona?  I mean, I’m older than you and I keep telling you that.”

He smiled while looking at the rosebush.

“A lot of people say I’m rude and snob and disrespectful, especially to girls but I think I’m fine.  I don’t know.  I grew up having to know only one older lady and the rest were ahjummas.  I didn’t even want to call her noona, I just want to call her formally with her name, but she’d break my neck. ”  He laughed at his own remark but then suddenly became serious.

“She was like my mother and my sister, but I grew up wanting her to be my future wife.” He continued.

“Woah Choi Seunghyun, I never thought you this cheesy.”

“Cheesy?  Me?  heol.  But what would you know, you’ve never been in love.  You just have this childish crush on a girly skinny guy who has girl problems every time.  And mind you, I think he’s considering getting back with his ex-girlfriend. “  he smirked at me.  I looked at him with an annoyed expression.

“Why?  Does that girl feel the same way for you?  Ani, does she know about how you feel for her?”

He stopped sipping his tea, put his cup down and looked at me.

“I knew it!  Aigoo.  What do you know, seriously?”

He was just silent and looked away.  He didn’t even try to argue with me.

He looked up to the sky and closed his eyes.  The rays of sunlight were gently kissing his cheeks and I found myself marvelling at his flawless side profile.  I never realized he was handsome, til now.

 

Tabi’s POV

The sun’s rays were warmly touching my face and my heart, contrasting this ruthless and cold woman beside me.  It was strangely silent, not even a single bird was chirping.

“Yah.”

“Yah?!”

“Do you want me to call you ahjumma instead?”

“Dwaesseo!”

She stood up and left for the living room.

“I’d rather watch WGM.”

“WGM?”

“It’s a rerun. You know, with the strikes and all the issues.”

“Ahh, Okay.”

What a stupid show.  I thought to myself.  How awkward it must be for the participants after parting.  I mean, they’re not getting married for real.  They’re complicating these people’s lives.

I was cursing the show when my phone rang.

BAM RATATATA TATATATATA

“Hello?”

Tabi-yah, are you at home?”

“Ne, Hyung.”

I’ll pick you up for dinner, ok?

“Tonight?  Ok.”

 

Bom’s POV

“Ne abeoji?  Dinner?  Tonight?”

Yeah, at your friend’s restaurant.  I heard they serve great sashimi there.”

“Ne, I’ll see you then.”

Dad’s voice sounded calm.  He didn’t sound like he was still upset about last time but I was planning on apologizing tonight anyway.  Minzy and I went back to my apartment after shopping to get her luggage.  We booked a hotel room for her to stay for the night before going to Gwangju tomorrow.  I told her it was alright if she stayed over but she insisted not to.

I dropped her off the hotel where her friends were waiting, and we bid farewell.

“Unni, I’ll call you and I’ll visit you before I fly back.”

“Ok, take care.”

After dropping Minzy off, I went straight to the Japanese restaurant where I was going to meet my dad.  He wasn’t there yet when I arrived so I chatted with my friend, the restaurant owner.

A few minutes past, dad arrived and we settled in a private family cubicle.

“Dad, about last time, I’m sorry.”

“I can’t say I’ve forgiven you but I don’t think it was your fault either.  Maybe we teased you too much or maybe you thought we did.  I was rash, but you know how I am, Bom.  I called you over coz I want to discuss serious matters with you.”

“What do you mean, dad?”

“Your marriage with Hongjun.”

“Abeoji”

“I know that you want to stay on that kid’s side for as long as you can, but Bom, he’s a grown man now and you’re not getting any younger.  You need to tell him about Hongjun.”

“Abeoji, you know it’s not the right time yet.”

“Then when is?  Were you even planning to tell him?”

“You know it’s complicated.”

“I know, and since it’s been complicated like this, you should tell him soon, or I will.  Tonight.”

“Appa!”

Our conversation was heating up when the door suddenly opened and to our surprise, it was Tabi.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS

SUGGESTIONS

I'M BACK WITH THREE CHAPTERS OF CRAP ;D

I MISSED YOU GUYS ♥