She Said She's Too Much for Me

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

Chapter 3

Top’s POV

I didn’t realize that an hour has already passed.  I finished reading the book, and it was good.  It wasn’t a best-seller from a best-selling author but it made a lot of sense, especially to me.  It was already 5:30 and Bommie noona told me to be early.  Good thing the bookstore I’m at was not that far from her office.  I placed the book back to the shelf and went out.  I was walking fast like I was almost about to run, not because I was going to be late, there was still plenty of time, but because I was so excited to see her, like I always am.  Finally, I arrived in her office and her receptionist greeted me.

She picked up the phone and called Bommie noona.  A few minutes later, she finally came out like an angel with flaming red hair, appearing before me.  Her long red hair was don in a big braid and she was wearing a white mini dress, with big black ribbons on the straps, which looked weird but suited her perfectly in a good way.  I think she’s the only one who can pull off those kinds o outfits, as expected from a fast rising designer.  She then approached me with a bright smile.

“Did you wait long?”

“Nope, I just arrived when your receptionist called you.”

“Aah… Did you bring your driver’s license?”

“Yup.  Keys?”  I opened my hand and asked for her car keys.  She lets me drive her car most of the time.  We walked down to the basement parking area where her white Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder was parked.  It was such a babe.

“Seriously, it’s about time you asked your dad for a car.”

She must have noticed me drooling over her Lambo as we were approaching it.

“Nah, I don’t think so.”

We hopped in and I started the engine and the music it made was music to my ears.  The engine roared as I drove off on to the city streets.

“Tabi-ah”

“Uh?”

“When was the last… or should I say, the first time you asked something from your father?”

“Hmm, I don’t know.  I don’t think I need anything from him at all.”

If there was something that I didn’t want to talk about, especially with Bom noona, it was my father.  I didn’t want to spoil our evening.

It’s not that I hate him; in fact, I don’t feel anything for him.  And besides, there wasn’t so much to say about my father.  What I know about him, other people might even know better.

Bom noona lightly punched my shoulder and frowned.

“Eeeehhhh you arrogant kid.”

And we both just laughed it off.

We arrived at a Japanese restaurant that has just opened last week.  It was owned by Bom’s friend.  Her friend personally greeted us and led us to our table.  We ordered the specialty of the night and some side dishes and a bottle of chardonnay.

--

Dara’s POV

Everything was set and the living room was cleared out.  I took out the concert DVD I had so we could watch it while we drink.  It was about 6:30 when the doorbell rang.  When I opened the door, a set of arms suddenly grabbed me in to a hug.

“Noona!”

It was Jiyong.  He was laughing like a total retard while he was hugging me so tight, I could barely breathe partly because of the tightness and partly coz JIYONG IS ACTUALLY HUGGING ME.

Then suddenly, Youngbae pulled us apart.

“YAYAYAYA! Easy man! Easy…”

“What’s with him?  Is he drunk already?” I immediately spat out to avoid blushing.

“What’s wrong with hugging someone you really miss?  Noona!  It’s been a long time.”

He smiled so sweetly and I felt like melting.

Jiyong attempted to hug me again but Youngbae was quick enough to block him.

“You’re crazy, man.  Get in.”

Youngbae opened the door and pushed Jiyong in.  Jiyong was smiling widely like he had just done something very mischievous.  Youngbae then turned to me and motioned me in too.

“Noona, don’t worry.  He’s not drunk, yet.”

We both smiled.

Jiyong started searching the kitchen cupboards for some glasses.

“Where are they?”

“Top shelf of that pantry.”

Meanwhile, Youngbae was setting up the drinks and the foods that they brought and I consulted him on which DVD to play.  He suggested SM Town in New York.  When I turned it on, it suddenly skipped some chapters and played SNSD’s part and Jiyong excitedly ran to the living room and started dancing to “Gee”.  Youngbae and I couldn’t help but burst into laughter coz he just looked so hilarious.

“Gee gee gee gee, baby baby baby.”  He sang along.

He was such an SNSD fan.  But it suddenly got stuck to one scene and stopped playing.  The DVD was either broken or needed cleaning, so we just replaced it with Seo Taiji and Boys Seoul Olympic Stadium.

We started drinking and talking about all random the random stuffs we could ever talk about.  There weren’t any awkward pauses, well, except for me.  It was always awkward for me when Jiyong would start being mushy and cheesy and stuff, and since I’m the only girl, I’m always the victim.  But I like it.

Everything seemed alright and everything we talked about seemed to be funny because of the alcohol, when suddenly Jiyong’s laughs turned into sobs.

I could tell from Youngbae’s face that he knew it was coming.

“Why bro?  Why do you think she’ do that to me?”

Jiyong had tears rolling down his cheeks, while Youngbae was rubbing his back, trying to comfort him and pouring him a drink at the same time.  I was clueless.

“So what’s going on here?”

“Chaerin.  Chaerin said she was too much for me.  Tch!  How could a girl praise herself like that?”  Jiyong looked at Youngbae straight into his eyes as if searching for the answer or asking for sympathy.

But all Youngbae could say was, “I don’t know, man.”  And he gave him a drink, but Jiyong suddenly turned to me and hugged me tightly.

“Noona~~.”Jiyong uttered while still sobbing.

Both Youngbae and I were caught offguard.  When Youngbae finally snapped out of it, he immediately tried to part us but Jiyong’s grip was too tight and he would just shake him off so I told Youngbae it’s alright.  Both of us just went on drinking the remaining 2 bottles of soju.  We were on our last bottle when I realized Jiyong wasn’t sobbing anymore and his hug wasn’t as tight anymore.  He fell asleep on my lap.  I told Youngbae to take Jiyong home.

I hailed a cab for them and Youngbae carried the sleeping Jiyong on his back.

“Noona, thanks for tonight and sorry for leaving you with so much mess.  I’ll come as early as I can tomorrow and make you ramen.” Youngbae assured me with his puppy-eyed smile.  I can sense that he was feeling apologetic for the mess they left in my living room.

“Just be sure about that.”  I smiled and opened the cab door for them.

“Ne.  See you tomorrow, noona.  Good bam!”

The cab left just a few meters when Seughyun suddenly appeared from the corner where the cab turned.

I waited for him at the gate so I could just lock it when we’re both in.

“Oh, hi.  You remembered that you didn’t give me house keys yet, is that why you waited for me?”

He asked me as soon as he went in.

“Some friends came over and they left just now, that’s why I’m still up.”

I answered while I closed the door.