Kim Bum is in it. Kim Bum is Cute.

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

Chapter 4

Tabi’s POV

“Noona, isn’t this the newly opened restaurant?  I heard this was a big hit in Japan.”

“Yes, it is.  My friend owns this one while her brother owns that one in Japan.”

Bom was so beautiful tonight.  She always is, but I don’t know, it’s like she becomes more beautiful each time I see her.  She amazes me.

I was just watching her do what she was doing and I suddenly remembered my land lady.  Was her name Dara?

Loose track pants, huge t-shirt, and hair donned up on her head like a palm tree.

I snorted and giggled at the thought.

“Yah!  Are you laughing at me?”

“No no no.  Sorry noona, I wasn’t laughing at you.”

“Really now?  You were looking at me.”

“No, I promise.  I was looking at you but I remembered something and..”

“So you were laughing at me..”

Bommie noona seemed to be annoyed but she looked so cute.  I tried to explain to her but everytime I spoke, she misunderstood.  I can’t find the right words to use or the right way to say it, good thing our food finally arrived.

“O shokuji o o tanoshimi kudasai. (Please enjoy your meal.)”  the waiter greeted us after serving the food.

“Arigatōgozaimasu.”  We responded.

It was a relief that Bom’s attention got diverted.  She’s got a thing for food.

Like what the waiter told us, we did enjoy our meal.  I enjoyed Bom’s company the most.  I always do.  We talked about a lot of things and didn’t realize the time.

“Omo, Yang Seunghyun, it’s getting late.  I’ll take you home now.”  Bom checked her watch.

I checked my phone and it was almost 9.

“Yeah, we should get going now.  Just drop me off the bus stop, noona.”

“Are you sure?  I could just give you a ride home.”

“Nah.  You should go home and rest.  You had a busy day.”

“Okay then.”

Bom noona dropped me off the bus stop.  And just like that, I’m back to my own reality.

I took the next bus and stopped at Dankook.  I walked a few minutes to my new house and I saw the land lady outside.

Is she waiting for me?  There’s no way she could have cooked dinner for me! Oh please, no.

It was getting kind of cold so I placed my hands in my pockets and I realized I didn’t have keys with me.  Thank goodness.

“Oh, hi.  You remembered you didn’t give me house keys yet, is that why you waited for me?”

“Some friends came over and they left just now that’s why I’m still up.”

When I came in I smelt alcohol, and found a messy living room.

“So you had a drink with them?  Girl problems?” I inquired.

“Yeah, girl problems.  I’m still not sure about the whole story though.”

“You could have let them stay a bit longer so they could have met me.”

“What.. why would they want to meet you?”

“I don’t know.  They say girls are always interested to meet me.”  I smiled teasingly.  I was just kidding.  I have never met any other girls besides Bom.

“What?  What gir – Heol! Did you think they were girls?”

She laughed out loud and I was confused.

“So they were guys?  Cool.  Guys like to meet me too coz I’m cool.. to hang out with.”

I was embarrassed but I tried to act cool.  I knew I went pale and I couldn’t look at her.  I could still hear her giggle.

“I’m tired, I’m going to bed.  Please clean up the living room; I don’t want it messy when I wake up tomorrow.”

“I understand, sir.”  She replied annoyingly.

I was so embarrassed.

When I was finally upstairs, I placed my iPod on the speaker and turned the volume up.  I took all my clothes off and lied down on my bed.  I stayed like that for a while, just listening to Tablo’s “Fever’s End” playing in the background.  His songs have so much meaning and so much emotion in it.

When ‘Airbag’ finished I stood up and went to the bathroom to have a shower.  ‘Home’ played next.

The warm water flowed from my head, to my face, down to my body.  It was so soothing, like it was washing all my stress away, taking them all to the drain.  I was so in to it when suddenly, I heard a scream.  I grabbed my towel, wrapped it around me, grabbed my robe and rushed to see what’s happening downstairs.

It was all dark in the kitchen but I heard voices.  I think they were coming from the living room.  I tip-toed my way in when I heard another scream.  It was so loud, it startled me.  For a second there I thought my soul left my body.  I went in to see what’s happening.

--

Dara’s POV

I can’t sleep.  This is my problem when I drink and don’t get totally drunk.  So, I decided to watch a movie til I fall asleep.

I decided to watch ‘Death Bell’, a horror movie.  I’m not usually that brave to watch horror movies alone, but I’ve already had alcohol in my brain, and Kim Bum was in it.  Kim Bum is cute.

I thought it wouldn’t be too scary but as the movie progressed it became more thrilling, I couldn’t help but scream and hide behind my pillow.  Then another scary scene happened and I screamed again.

“Hey.”

“Oh my God, you scared me!  Why are you whispering?!”

It was Tabi.  I was totally startled.

“It’s the dead of the night, why are you screaming?”

“Oh, that.  I’m watching this horror movie.  Do you want to watch with – oh my gosh, you’re in a robe.”

I was embarrassed.  It was like all the alcohol from my brain was drained out.  He looked embarrassed too.

“Y-Yeah, I was, uhm, in the shower when I… eerrrrmm… when I heard you scream.  I’m just gonna uhm – “  He started stuttering and pointed upstairs.

“Uh yeah.  Maybe you should put some clothes on first.  I’ll pause it for you.”

A moment of awkward silence fell.  He finally turned around and went back up, and I jumped back in on the couch and paused the movie.

I suddenly felt hot, must be the alcohol again.  It wasn’t long before he came back down all fresh looking and wrapped up in his grey long-sleeved shirt and black track pants.  I didn’t realize that I was smiling while scanning him head to foot and back, then I saw his face.  His expression was blank, cold.  He sat down at one end of the sofa.

“What’s this you’re watching?”

I sat beside him, on the other end of the sofa.

“It’s Death Bell.  It’s about students trapped in a classroom and they had to –“

I looked at him and he was glaring at me.  I don’t know why I felt nervous.

“Can we just watch the rest of the movie?” He said.

“Okay.”

 

“Is this really scary?”

I was curled up on the sofa while hiding behind the throw pillow.

“Yeah, it is.”

“Why are you watching it then?  At night, with all the lights off.”

“Kim Bum is in it.”

“What?”

“Kim Sang Bum.  He’s cute.”

“Isn’t he way younger than you?”

“So?  Younger guys are my style.”

He stared at me, flustered.

I choked with my own spit when I remembered he is, actually younger than me.

“But not all younger guys attract me.”

--------------------*****************************---------------------------------------****************************----------------------------------------*****************************

Okay, it's up to here for now.  I know, I know.  It's slow paced and boring, but what can I do?  It's the USERNAME. LOL

I'm currently working on chapter 5 but it seems like my brain has been drained of its last drop of imagination, and we can't force ourselves to write more can we?  Or else it would all just be crap.

It might take some time, maybe another hundred years, before I can update my fics again.  I'm a Slacker.  But stick around for updates.

And THANKS for sparing a bit of your time to read my fic :D