Strange Guy

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

Chapter 2

I got up of bed and went downstairs, trying to forget that I wanted a puff.

Dara was still cooking what she called “kimchi fried rice”, that didn’t even look like it.

“Oh Seunghyun-ssi.  I thought you wanted me to call you when it’s ready.”  Dara said with a startled expression.

“I know, but I’m really hungry.  Are you finished yet?”

“Almost.”  She turned around with a frown and as if mouthing the words I just said.

She gave it a final stir and transferred it to the bowl.  We sat on the dining table facing each other .  she handed me the bowl and the spoon.

“Here.”

“Thanks, I’ll eat it well.”

I took a spoonful and her eyes widened as she looked at me, as if anticipating for any reaction, whether good or bad.

“How is it?”  she finally asked.

“Hmm.. didn’t you try it?  It’s not that bad.”

It was the worst food I have ever had in my life; so greasy and salty and the chicken was half-cooked.

“I didn’t have to try it.  It’s not my first time cooking this, you know.”  She grinned proudly.

Seriously.

“So, who taught you this?” I asked her with a mouthful, trying to finish it as fast as I could.  I couldn’t bare the taste of it when it touched my tongue.  I wanted to just swallow it immediately.  It was just dreadful.

“My bestfriend.” She said proudly again.

“Oh, so she must love to cook?”

“That’s his specialty.”

Oh God, no.  He needs to be taught too.

“Oh, He.”

--

DARA’s POV

I wasn’t sure if I cooked it well, but I followed what Youngbae told me, so it should be right.  I’m just worried if the chicken was cooked at all.  If he hadn’t come down earlier, it could have given me more time to cook it.

But he seems to be enjoying it.  I can’t help but feel proud.

“I’ll get you some water.”

“oh thanks.”

I got up from my seat and took a glass and a jug.  I poured him a glass of water, which he managed to finish in one gulp.

He must have been really hungry.

He scooped the last spoonful of his food and drank two more glasses of water.

“Omo.. that was good for two.  You ate so well, you look like you’re just growing up.”

I clapped my hands on my mouth in admiration.  It was such an achievement for me to have someone eat up something that I’ve cooked.  Youngbae always tells me that my instant ramen tasted different in a good way, but still it felt different.

“Oh, was it?  You should have told me.  I was already full half way through it.”

“Doesn’t matter.  You looked like you really enjoyed it coz you really finished it even though you were already full.”

I was happy.  That moment has somehow made me forget about my worries.

“Do you want me to cook dinner?” I asked him willingly.

“NO!  I mean, I’m going out.  I might have dinner outside.”

“Okay.”

He went upstairs again.  That was somehow a relief.  At least I don’t have to stress over what to cook again.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I went to the living room to relax.  I was watching Star Golden Bell when he came down.  He looked like he just had a shower and he was dressed up in black jeans, white shirt and a blue hoodie.

“I’m going out.  Don’t wait up for me, I might come home late.”  He said, not looking at me.  He was putting his shoes on.

“Okay.  Oh yeah, by the way, how old are you?”

“Huh?  Why?”

“I’m 27, and I believe you’re younger, right?”

“Okay, so?”

“I’d expect you to call me noona.”

“Aah..  You  don’t have to worry about that since we won’t be seeing each other often.  I wouldn’t have to call you either.”

He smiled and left.

Strange guy.

--

Tabi's POV

 

Tabi’s POV

I didn’t really know where to go, I just didn’t want to stay in that place.  And at this moment, calling Bommie noona seems to be the best thing to do.  With no second thoughts, I dialled noona’s number (which was on speed dial 1) on my iPhone.

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Noona, where you at?”

“I’m in the office.  Some new designs jut came in right now.  How about you?”

“I moved in to my new house taoday.”

“So I heard.  Teddy oppa told me.”

News travelled fast.

“Does my father know too?”

I don’t know why I asked, but I know I wasn’t that curious.  I think.

Bommie didn’t answer straight away, like she was still thinking about the answer.

“Probably.  He should know by now.  Listen, do you wanna have dinner later?”

I kinda wasn’t surprised when she asked me since she does it all the time, like she can read my mind.  And I’m always happy about it.

“I was gonna ask you.  What time do you want me there?”

“I’ll be off at 6, but be here 10 minutes early, okay?”

“Sure thing.”

It was just 4:30 so I went to the bookstore to have a read for an hour before going to Bommie’s office.  I love to read as much as I love to listen to music, and I can do both at the same time.

I picked up a thin book called “Everyday”.  I thought it was enough to read for an hour.  I sat on the floor and I leaned on the side of the shelf where I got the book.  I turned my iPod on and listen to Gummy’s ‘Sorry’, my favourite song.  I flipped over the cover page and started reading.

--

 

Dara’s POV

Seunghyun is such a weird guy.  How, on earth, are we supposed to not see each other when we actually live in the same house?  It’s not like we’re playing hide and seek, or something.

Anyway, I was watching SGB when my phone rang.  It was Youngbae.

“Oh Youngbae-ah, what’s up now?”

“Noona, are you busy?  Can I come over?”

“Huh? Why so sudden?”

“You remember Jiyong, my best friend?  He wants to come over and have a drink but it’s not convenient here right now, and he says he’s already bought the drinks.”

OH.  MY.  GOD.  Did he just say ‘Jiyong’?

Jiyong is Youngbae’s bestfriend since highschool.  They’re like brothers with totally different personalities.  They are the living proof that ‘opposites attract each other’.

Youngbae is a very shy kid and totally awkward around girls, while Jiyong is the playboy type and arrogant-looking kid.  Youngbae has a masculine look with chocolate abs and anchor-hard biceps but has never dated a girl, while Jiyong was tall and skinny, a total fashionista.  He was chic-looking, and did I mention that he’s a playboy?  But he always ends up being broken hearted.

The only thing this two have in common, I think, is that they are both romantic.  Although Youngbae has never dated anybody ever, he keeps telling me sweet things about this girl that he secretly likes and what he’d do when he’s ready to confess and what he’d do when they start dating, those kinds of sweet things.  Jiyong, being the duo’s playboy, is also romantic.  When he’s in love, he falls totally in too deep.  I believe he has dated more than 20 girls already but was only in love with 3, 2 from the past who both broke his heart, and the third one is his current girlfriend.

Oh my heart.

Jiyong has been my long-time crush.  I’ve liked him secretly ever since I met him.  I couldn’t tell Youngbae coz I’m afraid he’d keep teasing me and it’s too embarrassing.  Besides, I’m happy with what we have now.  At least we know each other and call each other friends, and at least he doesn’t look at me as one of his playful targets.  He has been comfortable with me ever since, maybe coz he has always considered me as Youngbae’s sister, and I’ve been trying so hard to look comfortable with him all the time.

“Uh … uh.. yeah, sure.  I’m just here, anyway.”  My heart was racing.  I was excited and nervous at the same time.

“Great, I’ll bring some food too.”

“Great!”  we hung up and I ran to the convenience store to buy some chips for later.