I Didn't Want To Believe What Happened

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

 

Chapter 17

Dara’s POV

His lips were dry from alcohol, but still very soft.  They gently pressed against mine, slowly motioning them to open up.  I could feel his tongue finding its way in.  I felt confused but didn’t have the strength to fight.  I surrendered my soul to the moment.  While our tongues were busy, I didn’t miss to notice his left hand sliding on my waist, trying to lift my shirt up.  My hands were doing the same to him too, like they had a mind of their own.  We were so in to the moment when a phone suddenly rang.

WOW, FANTASTIC BABY. DANCE …

I was startled, like I finally came to my senses and finally had the chance to break away.  I searched for where the ringing came from and I found it in his pants’ back pocket.

“Seunghyun-ah.. ya.. seunghyun-ah.. your phone is ringing.  Ya, someone’s calling.”

I showed him his phone but he seemed half asleep.  The phone stopped ringing but it wasn’t long before it started ringing again.  The caller’s name said Spring Corn.  I thought it would be one of his friends he went drinking so it’ll be alright to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Ya Seunghyun-ah?  Where are you?  Why weren’t you picking up?  I’m so worried about you, are you home now?  I’m really sorry.”  It was a woman’s voice.  I can tell she was crying coz she was sniffing and her voice was shaking when she spoke.

I didn’t know exactly what to do or to say t that moment, so I just answered her politely.

“Jeosongeyo, but Seunghyun-ssi’s asleep right now.  He came home safe too.”

“Ne?”

“I will tell him that you called to check when he wakes up.  Please don’t worry and sleep well.”  And then I hung up, scared that more questions would come up.

I held the phone tightly in my hands and finally found the strength to put it down on his bedside table.  I turned to look at him, peacefully asleep on his bed, and I could only take a deep breath and sigh.  I slowly stood up from his bed, trying my best not wake him up with a movement.  Finally I found myself in my own room.  How I got there, I don’t know.  It seemed like I floated all my way there while my mind was blank.  I dived in under my blanket and pillows, my head throbbing from all the thoughts about what just happened.  I couldn’t give my self a good reason for giving in to a temptation that wasn’t supposed to be a temptation for me in the first place.  The night passed with my eyes wide open.  It’s another day again.  I was neither tired nor energetic.

 

TABI’s POV

I hear the birds chirping outside.  I shifted to face the window in my room and curtain was drawn, it’s already bright outside.  My head was still hurting but I wasn’t sure if it was from the hangover or from my unfortunate life event that happened yesterday.  I laid on my back and stared blankly at the ceiling, trying to understand everything that I honestly didn’t want to.  It felt like my head was spinning with the ceiling fan, so I closed my eyes really hard and a memory suddenly came.  I was in bed but I wasn’t alone.  There was girl with me. I kissed her.  The memory was vague at first and I wasn’t sure if it was really a memory.  I was very curious and I wanted to remember.  I threw my blankets away and sat up in a speed of lightning.  I was shaking my head when I remembered last night, I was walking away from the restaurant.  The next thing, I was drinking by myself.  The next thing, I was outside the gate.  Everything was skipping from one scene to another, like a broken record in my head.  The next thing, I was in bed.  With Dara.  Something happened.  Something I didn’t want to believe happened.

“No way. No way! Of course it’s not true.  My mind is just playing with me since I am a healthy man living with a woman for a while now.”  I shook my head real hard for the last time and found the strength to stand up.  I don’t know why I was being cautious, but I slowly went out of my room, like a prey watching out for its predator.  The coast is clear.  I thought it was.  But when I was walking down the stairs, I saw Dara in the kitchen.  She might have seen me from the corner of her eye because she choke on what she was drinking.

“Gabjagi!” she screamed while wiping .

“What? I didn’t even do anything!”

She just stared at me while wiping her nose and mouth and then her eyes suddenly widened, as if remembering something.  She then ran out in to somewhere I don’t know.  I remembered again what happened last night.  I was still in denial but my memory was getting clearer and clearer.

 I sat in the garden with a cup of coffee in my hand.  The memories from last night are finally arranging themselves in chronological order.  I didn’t realize that I was repeating that scene in my bed with Dara, until a bug fell on my lashes and irritated my eye.  I finally came back to my senses.  Then the memory went on.  We were already steaming hot and so in to it when my phone rang, we had to stop and she answered it.  I don’t know who it was but when they finished talking, she turned to me with a sad expression and went out.

I quickly went up to my room to get my phone and found 15 missed calls, 12 from Bom and 3 from Teddy, and 5 messages all from Bom, saying almost exactly the same thing.  I couldn’t care less.  I tossed my phone on the coffee table and just chilled under the shade of the tree.  The sun was bright, the breeze was cool and the day was just beautiful.

 

DARA’s POV

I left home as quickly as I possibly could hoping not to bump in to Seunghyun today, but I failed.  I even left unprepared.  I did not know where I was going and I did not even call anyone to meet me.  I just left.  I found myself outside a waffle house and decided to stop by and just…stop.  I ordered a cup of coffee and some waffles and found myself a table near the big glass window.  I was just observing the people who just walked past outside, while helping myself to the sweet waffle I ordered, when a familiar voice called out to me.

“Dara-ssi.”

Of all people.

“Oh, Seungri-ssi.”

“Olenmanieyo.  Are you alone?”  he grinned while he tried to move the chair across the table.

“Yeah, it’s been a while, I guess.  Yeah, I’m alone.”

“What brings you here?  May I sit with you?”

“Nothing.  Yeah, I guess you may.  What brings you here?”

He sat down on the chair in front of me. “Aah, I just finished my shift.  I work here.”

What?  Really? Seriously?

“Since when?”

“Not long ago. 3 weeks?”

“Oh, I see.  But it’s still early, how come you’re finished with your shift.”

“It’s a 5 hour shift and I started at 5 this morning.  You see, our café is open 24/7.”

It really is Seungri.  That same cocky tone, and same cocky gestures.  I can’t believe Chaerin left Jiyong for him.  I can’t believe and will never believe I dated him, cried for him and was even depressed like hell cause of him.  That chapter of my life I will forever burry in my dead man’s chest.  Tch!  Too proud about working in a coffee shop, no?

“This is my mom’s.  What do you think about it?”

I almost spat the waffle I was chewing on.

“Ne?”   I was in disbelief.  I looked around, and realised that the café was actually fairly big and only then did I also notice the details.  There were many customers too, students, business people and maybe normal people who just wanted to stop for a while, like me.

“Daebak.”  I gave him a thumb up.

“I thought so too.”  He grinned proudly  that I wanted to take my thumb up back.

“So, where’s your girlfriend?”  I asked casually.

“Hmm?  Who?”

“Waah.  There must be more than one.  You’re really something, aren’t you?”

“No, seriously, I don’t have a girlfriend so I don’t know who you’re talking about.”  He flashed his innocent blank face.

“Then what about Chaerin?”  my eyes narrowed.

“Ahh… Chaerin.  She is not my girlfriend.  She never was.”  He crossed his arms and leaned back.  He looked at me as if anticipating for more questions.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh.  I've been gone for too long.  I'm so lost right now lol  

sorry guys, and thanks for sticking around! 
^^