It's alright, Sandara

Fool House (Living with an Idiot)

 

Chapter 14

Tabi’s POV

Dara’s friends came over to hang out and they even brought drinks and meat.  I thought Youngbae was pretty good.  We both like music but his passion is dancing, an area in my life that I can’t seem to perfect.  This other guy, who doesn’t really look like a guy, is nothing but sloppy and idiotic.  What the hell is he smiling about?  Is he drunk yet?  Is it his style of flirting with Dara?  And this stupid woman seems to be falling for it.  Aigoo, look at that smile.  Looks like her lips are going to tear up to her ears.

Jiyong suddenly approached me and asked for advice.  He said this girl he used to date wanted to get back with him, but he even caught her cheating.  He’s asking me what he should do, but wouldn’t it be obvious.  In the end, no matter what I tell him, the decision will still be up to him.

“Ya, didn’t you catch her with another guy?  I even saw that.  I was even there when she pushed you away.  When you punched the wall until your knuckles bled.  Tss, what are you asking me about, really.  If it was me, I wouldn’t even think it over.”

“Hey Choi Seunghyun, how can you be too harsh?”  Dara interrupted.

“And that girl wasn’t?  Look Jiyong, I know you’re listening right now and I hope you’re still sober, I can tell you what I think and what I’d do if it was me, but it’s still up to you.  You can ask Youngbae what he thinks.”

“Youngbae?  Dong. Young. Bae.  Nevemind, thanks hyung.”  Jiyong smiled, whether he was satisfied or not, I couldn’t care less.

“Hey Kwon Jiyong!  What was that about?!”

“What~?  Hyung told me to ask you what you think, but do you even have any idea?”  Ji laughed and teased Youngbae.

“You jerk.” Youngbae scowled.

“Hey kids, stop it already.  Here, who’s the last shot?”  Dara said, pouring the last shot of soju in to the shot glass.

“Last shot?  That fast??”  Youngbae complained.

We didn’t realize how the rounds went so fast.  We had 6 bottles of Soju but it didn’t feel like the alcohol had hit me.  Dara doesn’t look drunk and Youngbae looks fine too.  Then we realized Jiyong was already lying, face down, on the floor.  Aish, so girly, what the hell?  Passing out just like that.

“Looks like someone was enjoying most of the Soju by himself.”  Youngbae fixed Jiyong up so that he wasn’t facing the floor anymore.

“I’ll grab some beer.”  I stood up to get some beer to quench the thirst of our unsatisfied souls.

“But we don’t have beer.”

“You don’t, but I do.”

I went up to my room and got a box of 6-pack canned beer.

“They’re not cold though.”  I said, handing the box to Youngbae.

“That’s alright hyung.  I’ll get the ice cubes.”

“Woah Daebak.  You’re like a boy scout.” Dara praised me sarcastically.

“Of course.”

“An alcoholic boy scout.”

“What?!”

Dara stood up and went to the bathroom when Youngbae came back with a bucket of ice cubes.

Dara changed the DVD to SMTOWN again, but this time it was working well.  We tried to dance to Gee and Tell me your wish but Dara failed miserably.  I think I did too.  Then we danced to Sorry Sorry.  Youngbae sang SHINee’s Replay to Dara.  The idiot looked like she enjoyed it a lot.  That’s how that night went and for the first time, I can say that it’s the first time I had fun in this house since moving in.

Youngbae fell asleep on one couch and Dara on the other.  I fell asleep on the sofa while Jiyong, well, he passed out on the floor.

Youngbae woke up first the next morning and made soup for the hangover.  Dara woke up next and helped out in preparing breakfast.  I woke up next and set the table and when the soup was already cooked, we had to wake Jiyong up with all our might.

“what the hell!  is he really this hard to get up when he’s drunk?” I exclaimed.

“Drunk or not drunk, he’s always like this hyung.”  Youngbae smiled.

Finally Jiyong gathered strength for his legs, to stand up with assistance.  We sat him down on one chair and Dara started patting his face with a damp face cloth.

“Hey Kwon Jiyong, wake up already!  I made you soup to make you sober, drink it while it’s hot.”

“Thank you, Youngbae chingu.”  Ji lifted his head, his eyes barely open.  Again, that was the first breakfast I ever had with other people, besides Teddy Hyung and Bommie noona.

 

Dara’s POV

We had a pretty fun night last night.  Geez, I didn’t expect Seunghyun was that terrible at dancing, he looked like crap beside Youngbae dancing to Sorry Sorry.  He is, in fact, a Super Junior fan.  He just tried too hard, too bad it didn’t pay off.  Breakfast was kind of special too.  For the first time, ever since moving out from Youngbae’s, it felt like having breakfast with family.  I felt good.  Youngbae left to send Jiyong home and promised me he’d come back to help clean up but I said it’s okay and he can just go home and rest.  Seunghyun left for class too, so I was the only one left to clean up the mess.  But I didn’t feel bothered at all.  I cleaned up with a light heart and I was able to finish quickly.  I seemed to enjoy every of the mop on the floor, which was weird.

It was almost lunchtime when I finished cleaning but I felt sleepy rather hungry so I went to my bedroom and dozed off.

It was around 2 in the afternoon when I woke up.  I took a shower and dressed up.  I went to the franchise office where I was going to franchise that food cart I was planning to put up.  I brought all the important documents that were needed but when I got there, they told me the documents weren’t enough proof documents and that they also need someone with enough funds as well to co-sign the contract.  In the end, I failed to buy the franchise.

Sandara,it’s alright.  Let’s just give this up, ok?  Dealing with business is too worrisome anyway, and besides, Mr. Jang said you can always go back and work in his convenience store anytime.  Let’s just give this up.  It’s alright, fighting!

It was already dark and I felt hungry.  I realized that I didn’t have lunch coz I just slept at lunch time.  I stopped by a food cart that sold tasty dokkbouki and had my dinner there.  When I went home, I wasn’t sure if Tabi was already there and I didn’t want to check his room too.  I don’t want that unfortunate and embarrassing incident to happen again.  I turned the TV on and lied down the sofa.

“Oh, it’s Soundplex.  I wonder who their guests are.”

BIGBANG came out on MNet’s Soundplex.  They performed a song from their new album.  They looked so cool, especially T.O.P.

I was slowly dozing off when D-Lite was singing Don’t Cry.  His voice was so calm and sweet and it was as if he was singing a lullaby to me.

 

Tabi’s POV

I went home after class coz my head hurt so much from last night.  We didn’t drink that much but the fact that we stayed up til almost 3 in the morning and danced like crazy, and woke up at 7 made me feel like my head was going to break.  I couldn’t wait to get in to bed.  When I got home, I drank a glass of water and wandered around for a little while, but Dara wasn’t anywhere in the house. It was just 6 pm but I went up to my room to finally get some sleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night coz I was very thirsty and I thought I heard some noise downstairs.  I went down to get a glass of water when I found Dara lying on the sofa still in her casual clothes and hugging her shoulder bag.  The position of her head looked awkward and it looked like she was gonna hurt her neck if she stayed that way longer.  I placed a pillow under her head and fixed her up. I turned off the TV and went up to her room, grabbed her blanket and put it on her and went back to my room to sleep.