Retaliation 2

Superhuman

It is dark as coal, the shade of the trees made it gloomier. Rays of light penetrates from the stars and moon. Owls are cooing, frogs croaking and the kinds that make that whirring whizzing sound that gets louder and then stops leaving a sudden silence. A loud howl somewhere in the distance could be heard from a wolf, a coyote, anything that is out in a forest at night.

They walked in a V formation headed by Kai who can see clearly as if it was daytime and a sudden gust of wind passed by signaling the arrival of Iris. “Eunmi is sleeping in a room guarded by Plutus and Gdragon on the north wing. Most of the guards retreated to their quarters leaving five of them patrolling behind the main gates. I’ll be on the lookout.” and Thanos nodded.

Iris disappeared once again and they all stopped in front of a deserted temple. It is surrounded by a stone wall with two tall wooden doors as the main entrance. There are two temples that stood over the century that looked old and could crumble into pieces if a storm would hit. After Thanos gave the command, they all went to their respective positions. Sunggyu climbed up a tree to see a bird’s eye view of the patrolling guards, Kai and Jay climbed the wall while Zico, Thanos and his wife waited by the gates.

Just as they reach the top of the wall, Jay and Kai jumped together taking down two guards each while Sunggyu shot the remaining one. He took another arrow from his quiver and shot the guard that Kai is grappling to the ground. Sunggyu climbed down and joined Thanos after Jay and Kai opened the gates.

“You know what to do… Move!” Thanos ordered. Thanos, Jay and Kai all went to the North temple while his wife, Zico and Sunggyu left behind to seal the South temple making sure no one comes out. Both leaders stood back as she used her ability to manipulate the elements. As she raised her arms into the air, the ground started shaking when sheets of bedrock out of the earth's surface covering the walls of the temple. “That should keep them warm.” she said and ran to the North temple as well.

Plutus felt the ground shaking so he ran to Eunmi’s room and woke GD up who slept in a couch. “Jiyong, wake up!”

“Wae?”

“I think there’s an earthquake!” he whispered.

“Mwoh??? Aish! I didn’t feel anything. Go back to sleep, you coward!” He hissed at the old man who can barely lift a knife but can handle all the money in the world.

Eunmi was awakened not because of their bickering but she sensed all the thoughts coming from her family. “Umma? Appa?” she mumbled while under her blanket. 'Yes! I am so getting out of here.' she thought.

Back in the mansion, Eunju started to pace since an hour has already passed but no one has came back yet.

“Eunju-ah, calm down. They’ll be here shortly.” said Woohyun as he brings her back to the couch to sit.

“Taeil oppa said that a while ago already…” she stood once again and headed straight to the door. Dongwoo quickly stood and beat her to it. “I’m sorry but you’re not going anywhere.”

“Aish! This whole waiting thing is killing me!” she whined.

Dongwoo placed his hands on her shoulder trying to comfort her. “I know how you feel but what’s keeping me strong right now is knowing that they will all come back with Eunmi safe and sound. Stop being paranoid.”

“Okay…” she wavered. Eunju walked back, but instead of going to the living room, she went to her room. “I’ll just take a shower!” Right after the door closed, she ran up to her hidden stash and grabbed her bow and a quiver full of arrows. ‘ this ! I’m going after them!’ She changed into her fighting clothes and jumped out of the window.

Thanos unsheathed his sword after stepping into the North temple while Jay and Kai walked behind watching out for him. Plutus just walked out of Eunmi’s room when a sword is pointed at his neck. “Where is my daughter?” Thanos hissed. Seeing his eyes ready to kill, Plutus walked back to Eunmi’s room and pointed her. They all got shocked to see GD standing with Eunmi while holding her neck almost to a choke. “D-Daddy…” she stuttered.

“Let go of my daughter or I will kim him.” Thanos said as he pushed the sword to Plutus’ neck.

“Go ahead. He’s useless anyway. I’m working for Cronus not him!”

“Mwoh?! You ing bastard!” Plutus yelled.

‘Sweetie, close your eyes!’ Thanos thought and she followed. He suddenly slashed Plutus in half pointing the sword to GD this time. “Let go of my daughter and I will spare you.”

“Do you expect me to believe you?” GD asked.

“I am a man of my word. I’m not like Plutus or even Cronus. Now give me back my daughter. That’s all I ask.”

As soon as he released Eunmi, she ran up to her dad and hugged him but he still pointed his sword to him. Thanos passed Eunmi to Jay who stood behind him carrying her afterwards. “Jiyongie, it’s not yet too late.” said Thanos.

“You know me?”

“I know your parents. They’re in Japan.”

“Andwae! They’re dead. You’re lying!”

“It’s your choice then…” Thanos started to fall back followed by Jay and Kai. GD suddenly created a fireball and hurled it against them but he used his sword to block it. After they managed to get out of the room, the three of them sprinted out of the North temple and met with the second group. GD followed behind hurling fireballs at them setting the whole place on fire. “You’re not living this place alive!” he yelled.

Iris suddenly appeared out of nowhere beside Thanos gasping for air. “Reinforcements are coming.” she told them and did not leave this time to fight with them.

“Mom, take Eunmi out of here. We’ll cover you.” said Jay. Eunmi clinged onto her mother for dear life while the rest of them waited for a huge wave of attack. They all moved to the front yard of the South temple as it was bigger and near the forest.

Eunju landed on top of a tree and she could see her family and friends surrounded by a group of Flashes and Forces while GD stood on top of the roof with fireballs on his hand.”! This is gonna be messy!” She took three arrows for a multiple shot and aimed. The fight started as soon as a Force lunged on Zico and everything became chaos. Flashes move in a blink of an eye while as Forces moved, the ground trembled. Eunju released her arrows taking down three men all at one. “Unnie?” Eunmi mumbled as their mom tried to work her way out of the gates. “Mom, Eunju is here.” she whispered.

“Where?”

“I dunno. But I read her mind. She’s somewhere high above us!”

Eunju saw her mom with Eunmi almost making it to the gate when she saw GD aiming a fireball at them. “Oh no you won’t!”  She took one single arrow and pulled the string harder for a stronger impact hitting him straight through the chest. GD fell from the roof and she jumped down of the tree to meet her mom. “You stubborn girl. We’ll talk about this later. Now let’s go home!”

“You go ahead. I need to help them.”

“Unnie!” her sister protested as well.

“Go mom! Take Eunmi home. I’ll be fine!”

Her mom disappeared in the wilderness and Eunju climbed back up to the three. She took another set of arrows and fired at the ground taking enemies down. Before she can fire again from her bow, she noticed a silhouette right across her wielding a bow as well. “Sunggyu is on the ground… Who is that?”

Before she can clearly see if it was friend or foe, an arrow flew going straight to Thanos. “!” She jumped from the tree and landed in front of her father getting hit through her chest instead. “NOOOO!!!” Jay yelled and caught her as she fall while Sunggyu took his last arrow and fired it against the assassin that fell from the tree afterwards. She gasped for air as the arrow punctured her lung but however painful it is, her face is calm and she smiled as she caressed her brother’s cheek. “You’re so handsome oppa.”

“I know sis.” he forced a smile while tears started to fall since he knows how serious her injury this time is. “But let’s go home, okay. I can’t perform surgery here.”

“I can’t oppa. I’m tired.” her eyes started to flutter.

“No! You have to fight it. Please!”

Kai kneeled beside her after he killed his opponent. “Eunju-ah, don’t do this! We have a deal remember?”

“Mhmm… Eunmi is safe now and you’re not hurt… I forgive you.” she smiled.

Zico and Sunggyu joined Kai and she reached out her hand to them. “From now until forever, I’ll always be here for all of you.” and she coughed out blood.

“Appa!!!” Jay yelled. Thanos finished the remaining enemies and rushed to them.

“Sweetie, you’re gonna be okay. Iris is gonna take you home. You’ve been wanting to fly with her right?”

She faintly smiled and her lids finally dropped. “Eunju-ah! Sis!” Jay shook her but she did not respond. Thanos took her from Jay handing her over to Iris. “Take her! Ppalli!”

Iris carried her bridal style and disappeared with the wind.