Battle Plan

Superhuman

They all huddled in the study hall surrounded by bookshelves and other reading materials. Jay and Eunju sat on a couch where she leaned her head on his shoulder while Kai, Zico and Sunggyu sat across them on each of the lounge chairs. Thanos, being in command, chose to walk around as he talks.

“You might be wondering why your mom and I went back way too early, right?” he asked his kids and they nodded. “Well, aside from your sister being taken, we have a bigger problem… Cronus!”

“Eh? You mean Uncle Cronus?” Jay wondered. “Neh! He’s the one responsible for all the kidnappings.”

“I thought it’s Plutus!” said Eunju after straightening from her seat.

“He is working for him… Cronus is rounding up young half breeds to build a faction that will eliminate all the Flashes and Forces on earth."

Eunju looked at Zico and Sunggyu who raged at his words with furrowed eyebrows. She caught eyes with Infinite’s leader and mouthed. “Don’t worry…” making him smile.

Thanos continued. “Jongin, it’s not true about your mother. Plutus made you believe so you will stay with him as Cronus wanted you to join his group.”

Kai stood in disagreement and confusion. “But I saw her myself! I even talked to her and told me she’s my mother!”

“It was all a set up. You longed for a mother at that time and it clouded your judgment so Plutus took advantage of it.”

Kai could not believe that he was fooled right from the beginning and might even cause Eunmi her life. He paced around the room with hands clasped behind his head, anger slowly taking over. “! This is all my fault. It’s like, I gave him the candy that I took from a baby!” he hissed.

“Calm down bro!” said Jay. He slumped on his seat rubbing his forehead and Thanos spoke again. “Your mom and I will get Eunmi by any means necessary tomorrow night… Son, we’re gonna need your help as well so you gotta be ready.”

“Oh I am, dad!” Jay cracked his knuckles.

“What about me?” Eunju exclaimed. Thanos kneeled in front of her her hair. “Miahne Eunju-ah… You gotta sit this one out. I can’t let you get hurt anymore.”

She then surrendered to her father’s pleadings. “Okay, I understand.”

“With all due respect sir, can I come as well? I caused this much trouble and it’s fair enough that I should help you. Besides, I know where they took her and every shortcuts in that place.” said Kai but Thanos hesitated. “I’ll think about it!”

They suddenly heard a knock on the door and Iris came in bowing to them after. “Any information about Eunmi?” asked Thanos.

“She’s fine…” and they all heaved a sigh of relief. “But the place is surrounded by an army of guards so it’ll be hard to infiltrate the area aside from the fact that it’s situated deep in the forest.” she added.

“Is that so? Hmmm…” Thanos rubbed his chin. “Eunju and the two leaders, you may leave now…” he added.

They left their seats leaving Kai, Jay, Iris and Thanos to strategize. Zico rushed to his mates to inform them about the shocking news while Sunggyu stayed with Eunju. “Wanna go out for a walk?” she asked.

“Okay…” They made their way into the woods avoiding every trap. The weather is fine since its still morning making birds sing a lovely tune. Butterflies and leaves hovered them as the wind blew and twigs break at their weight with every step. Sunggyu and Eunju walked at a slow pace and as their hands brush against each other, he swiftly took it and laced their fingers together.

“Oppa, are you mad at me?”

“Of course not! Why would I be mad at you?”

“Woohyun oppa told me about last night…”

He then stopped walking and faced her. “I admit, I got angry when I saw you with Kai last night. It’s normal for a guy to feel that way especially he has feelings for her. It’s called jealousy.”

“Is it true that you like me?”

“Aish! I’m gonna get you Nam Woohyun!” he mumbled.

“Don’t be mad at him…”

Sunggyu stepped closer to Eunju closing the gap between them and cupped her face. “I do like you… Ani… I think I’m falling in love with you.” He leaned towards her gauging every reaction. Her eyes blinked a couple of times but as their lips were inches away, her lids dropped giving him permission. He took a deep breath while gently holding her face and their lips touched. She wrapped her arms around his back feeling every inch of it and as she was about to lose her breath, Eunju slowly pulled away.

“It’s a risk having you coz it’s like stealing an angel from heaven. If I’d be punished for that, then so be it. I can't give you back...” he said after leaning his forehead on her.

But Eunju resisted. “Once in my life, I met someone whom I loved and cared for. I gave everything, I fought for him. But in the end, he left me in the dark. I can’t do this! It's like once you've been hurt, you're so scared to get attached again. I fear that every person I get close to is just going to break my heart again. You need to stop or it’ll get worse.” and she started walking away but Sunggyu pulled her back.

“Eunju-ah, I can never afford to hurt you.”

“I’m sorry…” she cried.

“I understand… But I’ll wait coz my heart only beats because of you.” He wiped her tears and pulled her closer to a hug.