Calm Before The Storm

Superhuman

As nighttime falls, Thanos managed to come up with a strategy to get her youngest daughter back. But Eunju felt uneasy when she knew Zico and Sunggyu is coming as well. They may be the leaders of a gang with special ability but still not the best fighters.

Eunju approached her father in his office and sat on one of the chairs across his table. “Dad, why don’t you take me, instead of Zico and Sunggyu? I’m faster and more experienced than them.”

“Sweetie, we’ve discussed this already and no, you’re not going. I hope you understand that.”

“I do. I’m just afraid they’ll get hurt.”

Thanos raised an eyebrow after seeing her worry. “Do you like those boys?” he asked.

“Daddy?!! They’re my friends and you know for a fact that I didn’t have any for a long time. I don’t wanna lose any of them… including Jongin.”

Her father stood walking in front of her and leaned against his table. “Don’t worry sweetie. I will look after them myself… Besides I won’t let them go to a battle unprepared.”

“Eh? What do you mean?”

“You’ll see… Now let’s go down, dinner should be ready by now.”

They all dined in feast as the mother of the house finished preparing it. Eunju chuckled seeing the boys enjoy the food and never said a single word. “Taeil oppa, who cooks better? Me or mom?” she asked.

“Eomeni of course!” and she pouted. “Sungjong-ah, you’re my bestfriend right?” he nodded and before she can ask, he already answered. “Sorry but eomeni is better.”

“Ya! I will never cook for you even if you beg me!” she pouted.

“Aigooo~ Don’t worry sis. I think you’re better.” said Jay while winking to their mom after.

Eunju then noticed Kyung trying to snatch food from PO’s plate after he stood to get water. She grabbed a steak knife and swiftly threw it at him targeting the space between his plate and PO’s. “Woah! Easy there…” Kyung surrendered with arms in the air and she chuckled.

“Kwon Eunju! What did I tell you about using your abilities at home?” Thanos scolded.

“Miahne… Force of habit!” she forced a smile while Kyung stuck his tongue out on her.

“By the way, all of you should wake up early tomorrow and head to the training grounds. We got work to do.” Thanos added.

“Including me?” asked Eunju.

“Yes sweetie including you.” making her smile.

After dinner, they all helped in cleaning up and washing the dishes. They finished early having extra time to play so Jay and Kai headed out to the yard and did an impromptu dance battle. Eunju followed them sitting on the porch and eating a slice of chocolate cake.

“Just like old times baby!” said Jay after giving each other a bro hug. Infinite and Block B came out as well to watch them. The eldest of them all started first with his bboy skills. He showed off some backspins, windmills, and flares making his sister squeal in delight. “Yeaahh! Go oppa! Woohoo!” As the music is about to end, Jay did two consecutive backflips and finished his routine with a skillful freeze. The boys all cheered for them as soon as he finished and Jay stood back up, tapping Kai after.

Eunju watched him intently as she has never seen him dance before. Unlike Jay were they all cheered, they became silent right after Kai did his own thing. He displayed his dancing prowess with a variety of popping and locking and they were all impressed at the fluidity of his moves. His techniques were at par with professional dancers who were trained for a long time. Jay joined him in the middle of the song and danced. Eunju was shocked to see how they connected knowing that they haven’t seen each other for a long time but still managed to move as one.

Just as they were about to finish, the music continued to play so Block B and Infinite joined them turning the yard into a club. Eunju slowly stood making sure not to get noticed and as she tiptoed her way into the house, Jay grabbed her by the waist and carried her back. “You’re not trying to escape aren’t you?”

“Ermm… I was just trying to get water coz the cake is stuck in my throat.” she forced a smile.

“Yeah right… Come and dance with us, sis!”

“Oppaaa… I can’t dance. Just let me do something else, not this!”

“Don’t worry. If someone laughs at you, he will spend the night in the forest.” he then lowered her down in the middle of the makeshift dance floor. Eunju stood without any idea what to do so Jay walked beside her and showed some steps. “Move your feet from side to side like this.” and she followed. “Feel the beat of the song and let your body flow with it.” he added. Eunju got the hang of it after a few songs and started to enjoy the art of dancing. Block B and Infinite also did a dance battle and neither of them won. “Oh God! Even in dancing they can’t tell who won?” she snorted.

Eunju rushed to the house to grab a bottle of water sitting back on the porch and watched them. While she drank, Kai sat beside her. “Tiring isn’t it?”

“Mhmm…” She then offered her bottle to him but he hesitated. “Wae? Do you have a problem sharing with me? Okay…” Just as she was about to drink again, Kai snatch the bottle from her. “Ya! I didn’t tell you finish it all off! Tch!”

“Miahne… I was thirsty!”

“Whatever!”

She sat with knees drawn to her chest, resting her chin on top if it as she watches her brother with the boys. Watching them do some awkward dance moves seemed to entertain as her face lights up. “Jonginnie…” she blurted.

“Wae?”

“How did you know where to find me after I jumped from the warehouse?” she asked keeping her eyes on the dance floor.

“It just felt right at that time. That beach is where I watched you practice jumping when we were young and I know it holds a special place in your heart coz it did for me.”

Eunju then faced him. “Thank you!”

“Don’t mention it… Does this mean you forgive me now?”

“Hell no. A deal is a deal. Oh and aside from getting Eunmi back, you have to get back in one piece as well, unscratched.”

“Ya! I’m going into a battlefield, not some fashion show. ..Of course, I’m gonna get wounded at some point.”

“It’s your problem, not mine!” she stuck her tongue out to him after.

“I can’t believe you. You never changed a bit.” and she grinned.