No More Fighting

Superhuman

Zico placed an arm around Eunju’s shoulder while she rested her head on his chest as they watch the sunset. He never felt happier in his life and what was once a dream became a reality. Spending an entire afternoon with the person who gave him purpose to exist, the one who taught him how to love and the girl he’s willing to die for. “Eunju-ah… Komawo!” he whispered. She smiled in response kissing her head after. He never imagined that a single smile can give him contentment.

As darkness looms in, Eunju’s eyelids became heavier and her head started to fall from his chest. Zico stood securing his backpack, fixing his jacket on her afterwards. He crouched and carried her bridal style. His well toned arms made her feel safe while the heat from his body gave her so much comfort that she fell asleep right away. He walked into the dark forest with ease not feeling any danger. Owls coo from behind them as moonlight guided his path.

Jay waited for his sister to come back by the front door. He hated the fact that she always gives him mini heart attacks but still manages to let her go. Walking around in circles with hands on his waist looking around calms his nerves at these times. Just as he was about to make a run to the meadows, he saw Zico walking in with Eunju in his arms. He ran up to them feeling her forehead as if she's sick and wrist for a pulse. “Hyung, she’s okay. She just fell asleep on our way back.”

“Thanks bro! Just take her to her room.”

As Zico walked in, Jay looked up to the roof seeing Kai watching down on them with eyes full of envy but not jealousy. If not for his stupidity, he could be the one taking care of Eunju by now and he’s been kicking himself for it. Zico lowered Eunju on her bed removing her jacket and replacing it with a blanket. She rolled on her side grabbing a plushie and snuggled it. He laughed while removing strands of her hair that covered her eye and stood. “Good night my adorable jumper…”

The night went on smoothly. All of them are in there respective rooms, either snoring or playing cards. Eunju woke up at a sudden gust of wind that entered through her window. She slowly stood to close it and felt the need to take a shower. The water that trickled down her body where like energy boosters being injected in her pores. She felt alive all over again after all her senses were awakened. “This feels so good.” she beamed. Eunju wore a skimpy short and oversized shirt and made her way into the kitchen as her stomach whined for another round.

She tiptoed as she tries to reach for a glass in the cupboard when a shadow hovered behind her. “Here you go.” and handed the glass to her. Eunju was about to thank him but rolled her eyes when she knew who it was. Kai stopped her when she was about to walk back to her room. “What?” she hissed.

“Can we talk? Please?” he begged.

“No ing way!” she turned to another direction but he insisted.

“Five minutes. That’s all I ask.” he added.

Eunju sighed and finally gave in as she has been wanting to hear his side as well. “Fine!” She leaned against the counter with arms crossed on her chest looking at him.

“I didn't feel that running away would change anything but when it felt like I was hitting a brick wall, I thought it was time to go. I know it was so selfish of me and I regret every bit of it. I’m really sorry…”

She then left her spot and started walking but Kai ran in front of her. “Say something, damn it!”

“What do you wanna hear, huh? That I forgive you? That everything is okay now?”

“No! I’m not asking you that. I just want to know what’s in here!” Kai pointed a finger on her chest.

“Okay… Wanna know how I feel? I hate you so much! You piece of ! Didn’t you know that having you, made me feel more human than a half-breed? I felt powerful at your slightest touch, I could fly high knowing you’re beside me… And then you decided to leave coz you’re hitting a brick wall? The is wrong with you?!”

Her words were like daggers piercing through every vein in his body while seeing her in tears is more than enough to kill him. “After you left that day, I regret the only decision I made that would’ve made me proud which is giving you a chance to be a part of me!” Eunju pushed Kai aside but he grabbed her wrist yanking her back and lunged on her lips. He held the back of her neck with both hands as he tilted his head to another side keeping his eyes closed. Her eyes started to flutter as she softened from his gentle and passionate kiss but her tears kept on falling. Eunju pushed him but Kai hugged her this time.

“I miss you so much that it comes to a point that I'm dying coz I can't see you, talk to you, or touch you. But I'm happy coz the more I'm hurt missing you, the longer I fight to live.” Kai pulled away from the hug and cupped her face again. “Jeungmal miahne, Eunju-ah!”

“I’ll forgive you if you get Eunmi back…”

“I will...”

Eunju shoved his hands away and walked back to her room making Sunggyu leave the staircase after the unbearable scene ended. He kicked the door of their room and fell on his bed face first.