Reckoning

Superhuman

Rays of sunlight glimmer and shine across the mansion. However vast the interior is, the sweet aroma of morning feast filled the air seeping through their nostrils making their tummy snarl. Eunju woke up early as a routine to prepare for sixteen hungry boys. It may be tiring but seeing them satisfied with every bite washes it all away. She wore an apron over her shirt that looked like a dress moving in haste, sensing a hungry pack is about to devour every nook and cranny on the table.

“Good *yawns* morning!” said Woohyun while stretching his arms out.

“Morning oppa. You can go back to sleep. I’m not done yet.” Eunju explained.

“I’m here to help you out. We have a deal, remember?” he smiled.

As they work together, he kept glancing at Eunju making her wonder. “What is it oppa?” Woohyun hesitated but thinking about what Sunggyu had to go through after last night gave him the courage.

“Ermm... Sunggyu hyung saw you last night with Jongin and he couldn’t sleep a wink.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t understand.” she pouted.

Woohyun snorted hearing her remark knowing how clueless the poor girl is. He held her shoulders to make her pause from cutting the veggies and facing each other. “Look… I hope he forgives me for saying this but hyung likes you.” Her blue eyes grew big and an overwhelming feeling rushed to her chest. Eunju clutched the ring while a million thoughts bombarded her brain. Why does it have to be complicated? Is this what humans have to endure all the time? He noticed how confused she was so he hugged her. “Silly girl… He’s gonna be fine though…” while her back.

“Ehem! Do you want to sample the traps in the forest?” Jay warned in front of the fridge that stood a few meters away from them. Woohyun quickly pulled away scratching his nape while Eunju rushed to her brother. “Morning oppa. Are you hungry? We’re done already…” and he nodded.

Eunju prepared the table while Jay waited for the rest of boys to join him as Woohyun called them. “Sis, put some pants on will ya?! You can’t go around this house half surrounded by boys.”

“But it’s summer. It’s too hot!”

“Just do it!”

“Okay! Okay!”

Woohyun went back with all of the boys and took their spots in a very long table. Just as they were about to start, Eunju came back stomping her way beside Jay. “Happy?” He looked at her from head to toe and grinned. Having breakfast altogether is yet again another silent one. Kai and Zico could not keep their eyes away from her while Sunggyu remained silent minding his own business. Being seated at the head of the table gives Jay a better view of their faces and could even sense the awkwardness in them. He cleared his throat and decided to talk to Eunju instead. “Yo sis! It seems like you’re fully healed. Do you still feel anything weird?” and she just shook her head.

“Cool! But you’re no longer allowed to fight.”

“Oppaaa…” she pouted while PO snickered. “It’s not funny!” she told him.

“Eunju-ah, hyung is right. You should lay low for a bit…” said Zico.

“Aish!...” she then crossed her arms on her chest.

“Ya! Dad would’ve done the same thing so stop whining.”

“Like what???” says a thunderous voice coming from the door. They all stopped eating as they sensed authority and command as he spoke. A tall, brown haired man approaches them with a woman in tow. His features were synonymous to a god. Tanned skin, hazel eyes, and beard ala Tony Stark with muscles like hardened steel springs, well toned physique and sculpted arms. His stance was majestic, truly the king of the mansion. While a goddess seemed like floating as she walk with finesse. Her long blonde hair swayed with the wind, green eyes that match her fair skin, defined cheekbones and perfect jaw line. She exudes a physical brilliance that would put Cindy Crawford to shame.

“Daddy!” Eunju squealed after seeing him and jumped on him for a hug and Jay, being a mama’s boy, ran up to their mother. “Umma!” and hugging her as well.

“Aigoo, how’s my baby girl?” Thanos asked while her hair. “I’m great dad.” and their mom suddenly spoke “Iris told us a lot of things and you two are in deep trouble.”

“Mom… Dad… I’m really sorry! I was not able to keep my word to protect my sisters.” Jay stooped his head.

“It’s gonna be okay son! We’ll get her back.” Thanos assured them. Eunju went to her mom and so did Jay to his dad hugging them after.

The boys on the table that shared one thing in common being orphans watched in jealousy. Getting love and affection from both parents is just a dream for them, a nurturing mother that provides love and support, and a father that protects with his utmost ability.

Thanos pulled away from Jay and approached those who are at the dining hall. As he neared them, they all stiffened and cowered in their seats especially Kai who had a history with the Kwons. He stood high and mighty where Jay seated looking at each of them. They all stood in unison and bowed to him. “Annyeong haseyo!” and introduced themselves one by one while he listened attentively.

“Nice to meet all of you! My children welcomed you here and so do my wife and I. But please abide by my rules and follow my lead. Are we clear?”

“Yes, we understand!” they replied.

Jay chuckled as he was amused at their scared faces while Eunju kept looking at Sunggyu. “Eunju-ah, who is that boy? Why does he look so sad?” their mom asked after noticing her.

“Umma, I think that boy likes her but little sister is giving him a hard time.” Jay teased as he placed an arm above her shoulder.

“Opppaaa!” she hissed.

“You two, stop that!” Thanos scolded them and Jay stuck his tongue out on her. “Let’s go to my study hall. We need to discuss something. Bring Jongin and the leaders of both groups as well.” he added.

Thanos and Eunju walked ahead while Jay went to get the boys his dad asked him. “Jongin! Jiho! Sunggyu! Come with me!” said Jay. They stood to follow him while their mom was left behind to attend to the rest of them. They were all stiff due to an aura that is intimidating. “Are you guys okay?” she wondered.

“N-Neh…” Taeil blurted.

“You don’t seem like it. Is anything wrong? Did Jay hurt you in anyway?”

“No! Not at all! Hyung is really nice!” said Hoya.

“It’s actually Eunju who is giving us heart attacks.” PO complained earning him a stomp on the foot from Jaehyo.

“Wae yo?” she asked.

“N-Nothing…” he forced a smile.

“I’m not sure about them, but I’m scared of you guys.” Sungjong explained and they all agreed.

She let out a soft laugh that made them feel at ease. “We don’t bite. My husband looks scary but he’s really sweet and caring… And we don’t mind having fourteen sons more.” she smiled. The boys started to loosen up as they started to have a conversation unlike in the study hall where Thanos is about to lay his cards down.