Retaliation 1

Superhuman

They all went to the training grounds right after the sun has risen. The boys lined up as Jay and Thanos stood in front of them while Eunju stood a few meters away practicing her archery skills.

“Sweetie, would you come over here for a sec?” asked Thanos and she approached him after. “I need you to teach Sunggyu the basics of shooting a bow and arrow.”

“Eh? O-Okay…” she scratched her head but obliged. “Sunggyu oppa! Follow me!” she yelled. As they ran back to where she stood, Jay teached Zico how to properly use his strength in hand to hand combat while Thanos focused on Kai. The rest of them sat on the ground and watched attentively as they will be the test dummies later on.

Eunju helped Sunggyu in wearing an arm guard and chest protector. “Speed comes with agility and fast reflexes will help detect your target. As a Flash, you will use these to your advantage. Got it?’ she asked after tapping his back signaling he’s ready. She handed him the bow and an arrow and assumed his shooting stance, standing with one foot forward and another at the back. Sunggyu pointed the bow downwards as he loads an arrow “Firmly hold the bow… then raise and draw the string towards your face.” she added after standing behind him. Eunju held his waist making him flinch “You’re stiff oppa… You’ll miss your target by a mile away.” she teasingly whispered in his ears.

“How do you expect me to relax if you’re all over me.” he stuttered.

“This is part of your training… Now concentrate and relax…” and she moved away.

Sunggyu closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Just as he blew out an air, he released the arrow missing the bulls eye a few inches away. “Not bad!” Eunju smirked. “Now do it again…” He loaded the bow again but got shocked after he saw the new target. Eunju stood in front of the tree and placed an apple on her head. “Ya! Are you crazy?” Sunggyu yelled but she shrugged. Thanos and the boys stopped with their activity and watched them as well. Sungyeol ran to stop his leader but Thanos blocked him. “Abeoji, are you sure about this?”

“He needs to learn.” he replied.

“Hyung?” Zico asked Jay. “She’ll be okay!”

He raised his bow and pulled the string back but could not stop his hands from shaking. “!” he mumbled. ‘Relax… Relax… Concentrate…’ he thought. Sunggyu gripped the bow firmly and after taking a deep breath, he released it. Eunju caught the arrow just as it was an inch away from her face. She stood frozen staring at the tip of the arrow while Sunggyu dropped the bow and ran to her. “I knew it’s a bad idea. I’m really sorry.” while the audience heaved a sigh.

Eunju snapped out after he took the arrow from her hand. “Ya! Does my face really look like an apple? Aish! Do it again!” she hissed.

“NO!!!”

“Do it or dad will make you!” she pointed at Thanos who kept watching them. Sunggyu was left with no choice so he went back to his spot and took his stance again.

"Ten bucks Eunju will catch it again!” Jay told Kai.

“Call!”

Sunggyu loaded his bow and raised it again. ‘I got this! I can do this! Relax…’ He closed his eyes, breathes out an air, took a deep breath and released the arrow. Eunju closed her eyes this time bracing for the worse. As she opened her eyes, Sunggyu came running towards her with a huge smile on his face. “I did it! Look!” He showed the apple with an arrow stuck in it. “I know you can do it! Good job oppa!”

“I learned from the best of course. Komawo!”

“You still need a lot to learn. Let’s go!”

They both went back to his spot and continued practicing while Kai held out his palm as Jay paid him. “Assa!” he beamed.

“Back to work!” Thanos yelled getting their attention.

Jay focused on Zico this time teaching how to immobilize bigger opponents. “Always protect yourself at all cost and keep a safe distance. You have superhuman strength but that does not necessarily mean you attack him like a raging bull.” He taught Zico how to dodge, land punches at critical points of the body and how to play dirty if needed like a kick on the crotch. He followed all his instructions and took it by heart. Zico managed to dodge all his shots and land solid punches making Block B proud.

“Appa! Jiho is ready to fight you!” Jay yelled.

“Eh? What do you mean ready? Dude, I’m not fighting him! Hell no!” Zico protested.

“Too late now…” he grinned as Thanos approach them.

Jay walked back as they all circled the two fighters. “Are you ready, son?” he asked Zico. “No, but I guess I don’t have a choice...” he forced a smile.

Eunju and Sunggyu took a break and watched them as well. “Dad, take it easy! You can do it Jiho-ah!” she yelled giving Zico a boost.

They took their fighting stances and waited for the first strike. Thanos treated him like a real enemy attempting to grapple him on the ground but Zico side stepped and landed a hook on his rib. The man fell on the ground feeling his powerful strength. “! Miahne abeoji!” Zico tried to help him up but Thanos kicked him and landed a few meters away. He sprinted towards Zico grabbing his collar after. “Don’t show mercy, coz the enemy will never do.” Then Zico strikes with a headbutt that distracted Thanos so he landed another solid and powerful punch on his chest. The man fell again and gasped for air while Zico spit the blood from his mouth. He stood back up placing an arm around him after. “Good job son!”

Zico earned a pat from the back from the crowd but Jay continued. He called Sunggyu, Kai, and Zico to the middle of the meadow giving out instructions. “All of us will attack you including Eunju. Think of it as a real fight! Araseo?”

“Can we sit Eunju out? I don’t hit girls!” Kai requested.

“No! My sister will beat the out of you guys.” Jay added and she stuck her tongue out to him.

“This gon’ be good oppa! Let’s do this!” she beamed.

“Block B, Infinite, y’all ready?” he asked.

“Can’t wait to beat our leader’s !” Dongwoo showed an evil smile after.

“Payback’s a , Jiho-ah!” said Bbomb.

The three of them stood back to back in there fighting stance while being encircled by their opponents. Jay and Eunju moved as one in a speed of light and landed simultaneous punches on each of them. “Ya! Keep your guard up or you won’t make it tonight!” he yelled.

They stood back up preparing for another wave. Infinite and Block B all ran towards them but the boys are on offense mode this time. Bodies started to scatter on the ground making Jay and Eunju join in the fun. Thanos was relieved after watching them fight as he knows that they will survive the night unless nothing goes wrong.

“That’s enough! You need to rest now. Let’s go back home!” said Thanos.

The sun has set and the leaders huddled with their respective groups. Zico sat with his boys by the porch while Sunggyu is in their room. They all shared the same feeling towards them going into a dangerous mission, concern for their safety and anxiety for what might happened.

“Hyung, I’m really nervous about this. We should at least be there with you!” Myungsoo pleaded.

“Just be positive. I trust Thanos and he wouldn’t ask me to join them if he didn’t believe in my abilities.”

“Just be careful okay?” Sungjong suddenly hugged him. “I will... And take care of Eunju while we’re away.”

“We will hyung!” said Hoya.

Over at Block B’s side, the conversation is more serious. “Hyung, is Cronus really gonna come after all of us?” PO worried.

“I think that’s inevitable. Getting Eunmi will cripple him but he will still continue what he started.” Taeil explained.

“Wae yo?” Ukwon asked.

“Eunmi is a telepath and a seeker. She will guide Cronus to every Flash and Force on earth.” Taeil added.

“That’s why after tonight, we need to prepare for the worse.” Zico blurted.

“Be careful man!” Kyung patted his shoulder.

“Look after Eunju… Make sure she doesn’t leave the house.”

“We will…” Jaehyo assured.

As the night deepens, they all stood by the gate to bid farewell. Eunju walked to her parents and hugged them. “Appa! Umma! Take care okay? Saranghae!”

“We love you too sweetie! See you in an hour!” said Thanos. She then went to Jay who looks mighty fine for someone going to a battle. “Ya! Are you going on a date or something? Tch!” she hugged him after. “Oppa, Don’t get hurt and kick their asses for me.”

“I will. Don’t worry!”

“Saranghae!”

“Love you too sis!”

Eunju fixed the quiver on Sunggyu’s back and tightened his arm guard. “Relax and keep your senses up.” She hugged him after. “Thank you for everything oppa!” he smiled and hugged her tighter. Zico is next line so she came and hugged him right away. “Be careful, okay? Remember what Jay oppa taught you.”

“I will. Don’t worry! I’ll see you when we get back.”

“Neh... Thank you!” she whispered.

Kai stood waiting for his turn but she teasingly walked back to her parents. “Ya! What about me?” he pouted and stooped his head. Eunju ran back to him giving a bear hug. “I was just kidding.”

“I thought you forgot about me.” Kai hugged her back. “As much as I hated you before, I can’t just let you go. But a deal’s a deal.”

“I know and don’t worry. I will get little sister back.”

Eunju hugged him tighter leaning towards his ear. “I'd be lying if I say I didn't miss you coz you never left my mind. Be careful.” Kai smiled hearing her words and pulled away. She suddenly felt a pang in her chest while watching her loved ones sprint out of the gates. “May the heavens protect you.” she prayed.