Pain And Suffering

Superhuman

They all stood in the entrance of the warehouse waiting for Eunju to come back. Jay paced with hands clasped behind his head when Kai approached him.

“Hyung, I don’t think she’s coming. She’s too weak to make another jump.”

“Where is she then?”

“I think I know where. Let’s go!”

Just as they were about to leave, Zico stood in front of them. “I’m coming with you.”

“No! Go back to the mansion and we’ll meet you there.” Jay told him and they all agreed.

Eunju lay almost lifeless on the shoreline. Clothes were torn and ripped while hands were severely burnt from holding on to GD during the entire jump and the rest of her body suffered third degree burns from his fireballs. As the tide comes in, smoke vaporizes every time the water comes into contact.

Kai saw her right away as he and Jay scoured the sandy beach. He sprinted beside her but flinched after he tried to lift her up as GD’s intense heat still ran through her body. Kai made another attempt and endured the pain carrying her bridal style while walking to the sea. He slowly dipped her into the water and started to cool down. After a couple of minutes, her body temperature stabilized. They decided to sprint there way home but as they reach the front door, Eunju stopped breathing. Kai and Jay rushed in startling Block B and Infinite who waited in the living room. Sunggyu’s eyes were caught by a necklace that dangled around her neck, a silver chain and his ring as the pendant. Kai lowered her down on the floor slowly tapping her cheeks. “Eunju-ah! Ya! Wake up!” but to no avail.

“What’s happening?” asked Sunggyu.

“I dunno…” he retorted and faced Jay who knelt beside her as well. “Hyung, something is wrong.” Kai panicked.

Jay checked for a pulse on her neck but could not find anything. He placed the heel of his hand and another on top of it upon her chest pushing hard and fast. “! Don’t do this sis! Come on!” he hissed. Jay ignored bullets of sweats that trickled down his face while trying to revive his sister while the rest of them begged for her to come back. Sungjong walked out of the house followed by Myungsoo while Jaehyo punched the wall boring a hole through it.

After ten long agonizing minutes, Jay finally got a pulse and she breathed on her own. “Sis, can you hear me?” Eunju responded by gripping on to his hand. “That’s good. You’re gonna be okay now. Oppa will take care of you.” Jay carried her to room and cleaned her up. Block B and Infinite scattered on the living room while Kai crawled to the roof gazing on the stars.

“Aigoo, this is by the far your worst, sis!” said Jay while applying creams and antibiotics all over her burns. “Tch! I won’t allow you getting into any fights after this! That’s punishment after you gave me a heart attack earlier.” he then stuck his tongue out to her as she lay half conscious. Jay stood and tiptoed his way out joining the boys in the living room.

“Hyung, how’s Eunju?” Zico worried.

“She’s gonna be okay although that was a close call and she just got lucky.” he explained. “Thanks by the way. Y’all did great and we appreciate the help.”

“Nah, I don’t think we did that much since Eunmi is still out there and Eunju got hurt almost killing her.” Sunggyu added.

“Thank you still and I know my sister feels the same way.”

Jay then noticed the boys nudging each other as if they want to ask something. “Is it about the half-breed I fought earlier?” and they nodded. He placed his medicine kit on the table and explained everything about them including his past with Kai. “He and Eunju also became best friends and they were inseparable. But after he ran away, she was so devastated that my sister vowed not to make friends with anyone ever again. It’s not that her brain doesn’t want to remember a name, but she purposely doesn’t want to get attached to the person.”

Kai listened clutching his chest as it was about to explode from so much pain. He crawled back to the roof drowning himself with guilt upon realizing how much suffering he caused the only person he loved the most.

“I’m sorry as well for sending you guys away. It was a hard decision that I had to do.” Jay added.

“It’s okay hyung. We understand!” Dongwoo blurted.

“Does that mean we can stay here?” Kyung beamed and earned a glare from all of them. “What?” he shrugged.

“Of course, y’all are welcome here!” Jay laughed. “But you have to learn to clean up your mess. Eunju hates clutter and it ticks her off. Y’all already saw her when she’s mad right?”

“Mhmm… And it ain’t pretty!” Sungyeol snickered.

They all went to their rooms after sleepiness started to kick in while Jay managed to climb the roof and poked Kai with his foot who had fallen asleep. “Ya! Go sleep in my room. Eomeoni will kick my when she knows I let you stay in the roof. Tch!”

Kai followed him but decided to drop by Eunju’s room. He sat on the edge of her bed caressing her injuries. “Aish! You’re one hot mess…. I mean hot… not like y but literally hot…I’m not saying you’re not hot coz you are but y’know…” he stuttered while making excuses. “Oh God, I think I’m going crazy talking to a half-cooked human…” He leaned closer to her feeling her warmth all over again and whispered. “I’m sorry sweetie…” Kai choked as he called her the way he used to after a long time. “Good night…” and kissed her head.

He walked into Jay’s room and lay beside him who pretended to sleep. “Hyung, I’m really sorry for all that I did and for causing this much trouble.”

“Whatever! I’m still mad at you…”

“I understand! I promise I’ll make it up to you and Eunju!”

“Stop making promises. The last time you did, you suddenly disappeared without a trace.”

“I won't this time!” Kai assured him.

Infinite huddled in their room talking about the new half-breed in the house. “He seemed nice unlike that Gdragon.” Sungjong shivered saying his name.

“I don’t like him!” Sunggyu scoffed.

“Hyung, you’re just jealous.” Hoya smirked.

“No I’m not! Why would I? Tch!”

“Hmmm. Lemme see… He’s a half-breed, the long time best friend of Eunju and God knows their relationship might be more than that.” Woohyun explained.

“Ya! For one thing, I’m happy and proud to be a Flash… Him, being her best friend is from the past, so I don’t care! And another thing, she wore my ring! Have you seen it? That means something! Kyaaaa~" Sunggyu spazzed.

“Dude, she can’t even remember your name.” Myungsoo added

“Oh c’mon guys! At least give me some support.”

“This is our way of supporting our leader!” Dongwoo blurted.

“Aish! I hate all of you!” Sunggyu laid on his bed and covered himself with a blanket followed by the rest of them giggling at his childish ways.