Rejection

Superhuman

“Hyung, are you sure she’s okay?” Kai questioned Jay as they watch Eunju in deep slumber. It has been two days since she got almost killed and he finds it unusual that his best friend has not yet awakened. She gets injured a lot but manages to fully recover in just twelve hours waking up the next day. But Jay remained calmed for he knew his sister will pull through.

In a span of two days however, Eunju travelled and roamed the earth in dreamland. She was so much alive with no scars or burns in any part of her body. She skipped from cities to countries. Enjoying the cherry blossoms in Japan, watch the breathtaking view of Paris at the top of the Eiffel Tower, strolling the streets of Manhattan and sunbathing in the islands of Bora Bora. She delighted herself at how magnificent the world is feeling all light and peaceful but was brought back to a place where she finds comfort despite the chaos. A street that is packed with humans either common or not. Flashes and Forces passed by pushing her to the side but she remained unfazed.

As she walked with hands clasped behind her back, a pink bow caught her attention that was displayed by the window of a beauty shop.  Eunju went in and as she touched it, the feeling of déjà vu was overwhelming. Everything was the same; there was a compelling sense of familiarity, eeriness, and strangeness. She believed the experience has genuinely happened in the past and tried so hard to recall the connection. “Eunmi!!!” and everything disappeared.

She flashed her eyes wide open and gasped for air while lying on her bed with throbbing pain all over her body. Eunju forced herself up limping as she slowly goes out of her room in a sweatpants and racerback. The railing on the staircase served as support for her knee has weakened after two days of being bedridden. Loud chuckles came from the dining hall and fumes of cooked meals lingered in the air.

Jay saw her as she walk down the stairs making him run to her. “How are you feeling?” he asked and Eunju showed a weak smile. He held onto her as they make their way to join the rest of them for lunch. Eyes full of worry watched Eunju’s every step and as they get closer, she stopped after seeing the person she once trusted the most. All the pain in her body became numb after rage and hate came over. “What is that er doing here?” she hissed while glaring at Kai who looked at her with remorseful eyes. Jay stepped in front of her to get her attention and cupped her face. “Sis, calm down… He’s gonna help us get Eunmi back.”

“I don’t give a ! I will get our sister on my own even if I’ll die trying.” Eunju turned and limped her way out of the house while Jay rubbed his forehead. Just as she was about to reach the door, she fell as her knees gave up. Kai left his seat in an instant sprinting his way to her. He kneeled beside her and gently held her arm to help her up but Eunju shoved his hands away. “Don’t touch me!” Jay heaved a sigh and went to help her instead. “Where are you going? You’re too weak to go out!” he blurted while she continued walking. “Somewhere! This house is getting crowded…” Eunju managed to jump as soon as she reached the gates crashing in the meadows. “! Jay oppa should add cushions in this place. Tch!”  she mumbled making her way to the cliff.

Kai kicked the glass table beside him that shattered into pieces and slammed the door after walking out of the house while Jay went back to the table where Block B and Infinite watch as the drama unfolds. They finished having lunch without saying a single word to each other.

The flowers in the meadow have bloomed leaving the air fresh while the thick grass on the cliff became Eunju’s bed. She laid in a fetal position facing the breathtaking view. Her soft sobs can be heard from a distance scaring birds away while a set of footsteps neared her making her flinch. “Get the hell away from me! Leave me alone!” she cried.

“I can’t leave you like this!” says a deep and husky voice. Eunju was about to lash out on him but as she flipped on her side seeing the person, she paused. “Oh! Miahne… I thought Jongin followed me here.”

Zico walked beside her and helped her up. “Aigooo, you should be at home. You’ll catch a cold if you stay here longer.” He then took his jacket off wrapping it around her.

“How did you know I’m here and how did you manage to reach this place?”

“Just a wild guess and I’m a Force remember?” and flexed his arms earning a smile from her.

“Babo! Those traps were nasty. Look at this!” she said while touching a gash on his cheek. She wiped the blood that oozed out of it with her thumb as Zico watched her intently. They caught each other’s gaze and every second seemed like forever. He slowly leaned forward tilting his head to the side without breaking the eye contact. Eunju however panicked, for she does not want to go through another heartbreak and promised not to love someone ever again. Their lips were about to touch when she looked away biting her lower lip. “Sorry…” she forced a smile.

“It’s okay. I understand…” Zico felt a punch from ten Forces straight in his chest but endured it. He held her neck with a hand caressing her cheek with his thumb. “But I want you to know that, you’re so special to me and I mean my life only for you… And you don’t have to feel the same way.”

Eunju forced a smile since she cannot afford to reject him once again. Many thoughts ran through her mind including giving him a chance but she never faltered. “I’m sorry Jiho. I can’t do this!” she thought. He then heard her stomach growled making him smile. Zico grabbed his backpack taking out a lunch box and held onto it as he fed her while she rested her head on his shoulder. “Komawo. It’s really good. You made this?”

“No, Ukwon did. I at preparing food.”

“Thank you still…”

“Since we’re close, try calling me by my first name. Araseo?”

“You consider this being close?” she asked while pointing her finger at him as he feeds her.

“Of course! This is what friends do.”

“You don’t have to feed me then! Give me that!” she hissed as she tried to grab the lunch box.

“Ya! Calm down! You need to do something with that temper of yours. It’s so unladylike!”

“Wae? Is it turning you off?”

“Of course not! You’re cute when your pissed!”

“Whatever!” she stuck her tongue out to him and continued bickering.