The Half-Breeds

Superhuman

The day was bright and sunny in modern day Seoul, perfect for blending with the ‘Commons’. No one suspected that a half breed has been roaming the streets for the last ten years. Eunju is a normal teenager who enjoys fashion, music and movies, and being in a clan who enjoys wealth and prosperity makes it easier for her to bask in goodness. But above all this, friendship is out of the question but she never complained for she has the perfect family to fill the gap.

Streets are packed with revelers who kept gazing unknowingly and she would smirk at the thought of them wasting time being less productive. Walking at a slow pace with her hands clasped behind her back is an opportunity to observe movements. A Flash just zoomed beside her after strands of hair covered her eyes and a Force being arrested after flipping a cab just across the street. “Pathetic!” she mumbled.

Aside from showing off their abilities, the not-so common one is easily recognized by a huge imprint on their forearm, lightning bolt for speed (ϟ) and a symbol for strength (力).Eunju and Eunmi have been given a mark of a Flash to conceal their identities by their father, Thanos, one of the five elders of the clan. He trains his daughters to harness the gifts they are born with, not to fight but to defend.

Eunju decided to run back home as the sun is about to set. The Mudeung Mountains in Gwangju is a safe refuge for a family of half-breeds. Running at a very fast rate is always an option but being a jumper saves a lot more time. She lifts off the ground and can reach up to five miles away or the top of Namsan tower in one single jump. Getting home is easy indeed, but getting caught is not. Eunju uses her skills in the right time and place to maneuver her way around and not being detected.

A classic mansion stood hidden between thick greeneries surrounded by meticulous traps that served as an alarm system. She landed with ease in front of a tall white door with a golden knob and made her way in. Eunmi sprawled on the floor reading “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”.  Her dark brown pixie hair flatters her doe-like eyes and fairly white skin. She rolled over playfully and sprang to her feet when she knew someone is coming.

 The sisters embraced each other and Eunju clipped a pink bow on her sister’s hair. “Aww! So cute little sissy!” Eunmi checked herself out in a mirror that hanged on the wall. “Komawo unnie!” and the older one pinched her cheeks. They walked to the dining hall and started having dinner. Although the Kwons enjoy the privileges in life, their ancestors raised and taught them that nobility comes with humbleness. They reside in a mansion fit for royalties but have been living as a normal human does and do not use their powers at home as the head of the family forbid them.

They sat in a rectangular table filled with home cooked meals prepared by their mother. The girls sat beside each other while their parents are stationed on both ends. Just when they are about start, a lean and muscular guy with tattoos sat across Eunju. “Jay oppa, where have you been?” she asked. “Got an errand from dad.” He replied with a husky and captivating voice while everyone else started eating. Jay is an orphan born as a Flash and it has been fifteen years since he became a part of the family. Thanos trained and treated him as his own son and became his most trusted right hand.

“Your mom and I are living for Japan tomorrow and will stay there for…”

“Two months!” Eunmi interrupted.

“A half breed has been captured…” he continued.

“By bounty hunters and you need to get him back!” Eunmi interrupted again.

Telepathy is the ability to read the thoughts of others and this is what Eunmi enjoys the most among all her gifts but given her age, every attempt she does burns herself out easily and might cause her to lose consciousness if she goes way beyond her limits.

“That’s enough sweetie. You’ll just get tired.” There mom her hair and continued. “Jay honey, take care of your sisters while we’re away, okay?” he nodded.

Eunmi poked her sister. “Unnie, there’s gonna be a fight later. Let’s watch them!” she whispered. “Really? Sure!”

“Those gangs again? Aren’t you getting tired of watching those clowns beat each other up senselessly?” Jay asked.

“That’s where the fun is oppa. They’ve been fighting for years now and they can’t even tell who wins. Idiotic right?” Eunju snorted.

Two rival gangs of the opposite forces have been gathering in an empty warehouse to outwit each other and see who survives. Boys filled with raging hormones and a boost of arrogance proves to be a good entertainment for the sisters.