Day Thirteen

Dear Diary,

Once more I felt like I was in a dreamlike state staring at my High School as if I was still a High School student and not currently graduated. I knew it was a dream just by how I was walking without even thinking about it and having a predetermined place set in mind. I couldn’t reach into my dream self’s mind to figure out what she was saying but she continued to talk to shadowed silhouettes until finally one looked fairly similar and I recognized her as my best friend. Then suddenly the scene changed and I was in the cafeteria with her and us eating happily or at least it looked happy but I knew myself and I knew I was not happy. My dream self kept staring at a certain table but once more the person she continued to look at was completely shadowed in and had nothing but a nice dazzling smile that seemed to be the main point of his features.

I tried once more to figure out who this person was and why this person was so important in my dreams but it didn’t work and instead just brought her to another scene of her in my math class and working hard but still stealing glances at this shadowed person from time to time.

“Soo Young you have a call for you.” I looked up at the nurse who had walked into the room interrupting my day dreaming but I still nodded and held my hand out in order for me to grab the wireless phone in the nurse’s hand.

“Are you okay?!” Song yelled from the other end and I had to hold myself from wanting to break out in a grin.

“Of course, did you have another nightmare?” I glanced at the time and realized for her it was barely morning meaning she just woke up.

I was met with a silence and then a sigh from the other end. “Yeah, I’m just worried for you.” I smiled at her concern but really I was doing just fine at the hospital and I was going to be just fine in a few days and maybe even be able to leave the hospital during this month. I worked hard to bring myself back to full recovery but even after being able to walk normally again and eating properly they still say there is something else wrong but they don’t want to tell me what it was.

Not even Song told me about it even though she knew as well. “I want you to come home safely okay? Going to college here was going to be boring regardless since you wanted to go to Seoul, but you could at least come back so that I can see you.” She sounded like she wanted to add something more but stopped herself and remained silent instead.

I always hated it when people kept secrets from me but really at this point I didn’t even want to think about it because just thinking about college made me get a headache. “Well at least you know I won’t be going for another semester since I’ve been here.”

Really this whole hospital thing seemed too much and it made me mad that we went through so much money and care to go to another country when I was cured almost immediately after coming here and have been just recovering from the surgeries ever since. When senior year hit for me in High school I started feeling the pains that caused me to come here but I didn’t tell anyone which was how it got so bad which made me mad that I could have prevented this whole ordeal.

“Yeah.” She didn’t seem to want to say much more and hesitated a lot before saying, “Do you remember anything about anyone else in high school?”

“Uh, yeah duh, you I didn’t have any other friends.” I laughed at her horrible attempt to make me think that I was missing out on someone important but then that daydream flashed through my head and made me reconsider that maybe I was leaving someone out.

“Oh, okay, well I got to get going, I’ll talk to you later.” Song then finally said and hung up before I even had the chance to say goodbye to her. She was acting strange about this whole subject and I just couldn’t help but think about the shadowed figure in my dreams.

He wasn’t important to me, right? If he was then I would definitely remember him so obviously she was just kidding!

Right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up covered in sweat and breathing almost too heavily. I glanced at the clock and sighed knowing that I didn’t oversleep my alarm clock but instead woke up ten minutes early to a once again empty room. I was starting to get used to not see Byunghun in the morning but knowing where he was just made me slightly frustrated and stressed hoping there was going to be no drama between Daniel and Byunghun.

I got up soon after that and took a longer shower than usual to get rid of the sweat that had coated my body while I slept. I had another bad dream last night and I had a feeling I was going to start having them more and more as I continued to read in Soo Young’s diary and seeing her feelings and thoughts when I couldn’t even see her to see if she was okay. Byunghun had reassured me way too much last night once we got back to the dorm and I had to hold myself back from just breaking down in tears in front of him. I didn’t want to be this emotional about her but I couldn’t help it when my life was in her hands and she was no one near me.

I didn’t want to open the diary today but now that officially even in her diary we were going out at least they’d be happy entries from now on and if I did cry it’d be from tears of joy and not from sadness.

So eventually I got enough courage to reach for my pillow and grab ahold of the diary firmly and taking it out without force to stop myself from chickening out. I flipped to the thirteen page of the diary and braced myself for whatever what was going to happen next.

Dear Diary,

                Today marks our official second month anniversary and while it might be almost midnight bringing it to an end at least I’ll always have the memories to hold on to to make this memory last forever. Chanhee is the sweetest boyfriend anyone could have and be proves it almost every single day even when it isn’t a special day like this. He brings me flowers every weekend, candies on the weekdays and does anything and everything to make me happy. We’ve spent so long in each other’s company that I can’t even imagine a weekend where we’re not in each other’s arms at least once. So anyways for today he took me to a very fancy looking place that he had worked hard to reserve and allowed me to get anything I wanted to eat no matter how expensive it was. Of course I didn’t choose what I wanted to choose since it was far too expensive and went for something affordable but still enjoyable. After that he took me to a movie that I had mentioned that I had wanted to see at some point. He held my hand the whole time and stayed close only keeping his eyes for me and no one else. I’m so lucky to have a boyfriend like him and I hope we can spend our summer together as well as the next and the next. I want to hold on to him forever and I hope he has the same feelings for me. Whoever said you don’t find your sweetheart in high school was completely wrong! <3

--Lee Soo Young

A tear almost made it to the page but I quickly wiped it away from my cheek before it could even touch it and I closed the book as quickly as I could and went straight for my backpack to make sure I was not late again and face the wrath of Byunghun. I thought about her the whole way to the cafeteria and didn’t even notice Changhyun handing me a muffin and Jonghyun talking with Daniel about something completely unimportant. I just couldn’t keep myself focused while talking to them and ended up excusing myself early to head to class and meet up with Byunghun. Daniel seemed concerned for me but I just smiled and told him that I’ll be fine and that I just needed to wake up some more.

Byunghun caught up to me quickly soon after saying he spent the morning with his girlfriend and smiled widely at me but when he noticed the pain expression on my eyes that I just couldn’t hide he immediately stopped smiling and looked concerned. “Are you thinking about Soo Young again?” He asked and I just nodded since lying to him would just be useless.

“She’ll be fine, I’m sure you’ll get to see her and show her off to the whole group. I bet everyone will be surprised to know that you’ve had a girlfriend for so long that you absolutely love.” He smiled causing me to smile as well.

“Thanks.” I spoke finally and seemed to relax to his words finally making me glad to have a friend like him who could actually cheer me up when I thought about Soo Young. How could we be so close and yet only have known each other for less than two weeks?

But friendship worked like that and I was glad to finally find the right friends for once in my life.

School today really didn’t seem too important to me and not before long my last class was over with a giddy looking Ji Young who just couldn’t hold in her excitement.

“Thank you!” She shouted once we were safely out of the building and able to use outside voices with ease. I wanted to ask ‘for what’ but I knew this had something to do with Byunghun. That same pain shot through my heart when thinking about Daniel but I brushed it off and smiled at her.

“No problem, really I didn’t do much.” It was the truth obviously since all I did was introduce her to the group and let things go from there. Though if I didn’t do that then she would still be single and that would give Daniel a chance with her.

“But really it doesn’t matter because I’m still thanking you.” She smiled sweetly at me and really if I wasn’t so in love with the only girl in my life I could feel that something could have happened between the two of us. At first I thought she was just being flirty and stupid but really her personality has grown on me and allowed me to continue to want to be friends with her.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by a simple text from my phone causing me to take it out of my pocket and glance at what the contents of the text was. It was from Byunghun saying to meet at the front of the school for a big announcement from Daniel. “Who is it from?” Ji Young asked making me look at her once more. I quickly sent back an ‘Okay’ to him and put my phone away.

“L. Joe he wants me to meet the rest of the group in front of the school. I’ll talk to you later, okay?” I grinned at her and quickly waved using Byunghun’s nickname in hopes that she didn’t know it so making her not interested in going with me. I really didn’t want drama to start between Daniel and Byunghun, not when it was still the beginning of the semester.

It didn’t take long for me to jog over to where they were and luckily for me they were all standing out in plain sight for me to see them easily. Daniel and Changhyun waved happily at me and motioned for me to hurry up so that everything could finally be said.

While I might’ve been a panting mess by the time I got there but at least Daniel had the decency to take us to a bench to sit at. “Okay I have wonderful news!” He smiled widely and clapped his hands together. The other members just looked at him like he was insane but really I was completely confused. What could the news be?

“We all got accepted into a dancing program to help us learn!” He clapped even harder and hoped for more people to join in the clapping. I knew he wanted to make us some pop idol group but to actually go so far as to get us signed in was beyond dedication.

“Whoa! Really?” Jonghyun immediately joined in the excitement and even stood up to stand next to Daniel. It would make sense for him to be so excited when he was actually the dancing member of the group. Byunghun seemed slightly happy but really he seemed almost uninterested. Changhyun followed Jonghyun almost instantly and looked almost fake when he smiled. Minsoo just kept to the bench and waited for Daniel to continue.

“Yes! I know it was a bit but after settling it with the owners of the studio they’re willing to support us and all I have to do is pay them half of my pay check every single time I get paid!” Daniel exclaimed but instead of being happy Minsoo almost looked pissed off and I decided it was best to let things play out without my interfering.

 But to my surprise Minsoo said absolutely nothing but instead stood up. He thought for a moment before finally speaking, “We’ll all help with the cost of it.” The rest of the members stared at him like he was insane but finally the initial shock died down and everyone seemed completely fine with this plan.

I could finally see why Minsoo was named the leader of the group, not only because he was the oldest but really because he knew exactly what to say and what to do in almost any given situation. He took it upon himself and the whole group to help with this instead of making Daniel go through this whole thing by himself.

Of course this meant I really had to start looking for a job to help with this payment plan. “You guys really don’t have to.” Daniel muttered almost too silently for everyone to hear.

It was Byunghun to speak up this time. “We’re not doing this because we have to Niel, we want to.” He then smiled at Daniel and stood close to him. Soon enough the five members were close together almost in a group hug but something felt missing—but I just couldn’t place it.

Then Jonghyun turned to look at me and nodded. I nodded back and knew what was missing—it was me. “I agree Niel; if you’re going to do all of this for us then it is the least we can do to help you out.” I then stood up and joined them together finally bringing all six of us together.

It felt weird to be a big part of a group for once in my life. Throughout high school my friends ditched me whenever they could and would even call me a nerd when and if I got good grades in my class. I strived to be something I was not for so long and while Soo Young did break that it still felt empty now that she was gone.

Teen Top was going to make it to the top no matter what because this friendship was too strong to break. This friendship could last any and all obstacles no matter the heartache or pain.

At least that was what I wanted to believe of this group. A group that could avoid the drama avoids the problems and only brings solutions.

But everyone will always have a problem or two, it was merely human nature. And we were going to find out about it the hard way.

------------------------------------------

Back with another update! I'm really trying to bring more plot into the story so I'm hoping you like it so far~ In about a week Chunji's time I'll probably speed it up a bit since it is going a bit slow but I really want to set everything in motion before doing any sort of time skip. I do hope that you're enjoying this because this is super fun to write :) ALSO I want to make a HUGE shoutout to tintap like seriously she is amazing and I actually got the idea from her to make this story so really check out her stories they're amazing! And shes amazing and yeah~ ;D! I'm her number one fan! ^_^