Day Six

Dear Diary,

Sorry for the delay in updating because of the problems on AFF I didn't want to chance it being taken off again but oh well I'll chance it anyways because you guys deserve an update! Thank you ismileatstars and FancehNanceh for your newer subscribtions to my story I hope you are enjoying it =D and leadereliea13 for first subscribing to my story! I do hope all four of you stick around for the end (Ultraviolet being the fourth) and let's hope more people join us for the ride =D! Enjoy your update!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day six of my college life started rather early when Byunghun woke up earlier than usual and woke me up in the process. He said he was sorry and had to go somewhere really early and was going to meet me at the Language Arts building a few minutes before class started. After that I had no real reason to go back to sleep and ended up waking up after Byunghun left the room. I vaguely wondered what he had to do at, I checked the time, five in the morning but decided I was far too tired to even care about his whereabouts. I had no homework, I didn’t need to be ready for another few hours and I wasn’t stressed on time at all so reading another diary entry wouldn’t be the best idea either.

I laid in bed for another half hour just staring at the top part of the bunk bed and thought about the last few days that had just happened. I was nearing my first week of college being over and it was only the second day of classes. I have been reading one diary entry a day and decided mentally that I was going to read one entry per day for most of the semester so I would have enough time to read all the entries but at the same time not overwhelm myself with too many entries at once. When I was told it would be longer than a month that broke my heart but still gave me hope and happiness that it wasn’t as long as a year or decade, 30 days or longer seemed like a time period that I would be okay with as long as I preoccupied myself with college, work and friends for that long. I was lucky to have a good roommate who introduced me to good friends that would most likely end up being my best friends if we continue to hang out like we do.

I already knew I was growing closer to Byunghun and Daniel more than the rest of the group just because of Byunghun being my roommate and Daniel just being the nice guy he is. They all had their own unique qualities that worked so well together and I was happy to be included so quickly into the group as a friend instead of an acquaintance of Byunghun’s.

Lost in my own thoughts I didn’t even notice the time until finally my alarm clock rung and signaled for me to actually wake up and get ready for school before being too late. I got up and quickly took a shower and changed into clean clothes, checked my backpack to make sure everything was in order and almost slipped out of the room until a feeling hit me right in the heart and I stopped to look at my pillow knowing exactly what I missed and what I had to do next. I closed the already almost open door and walked over to my bed and sighed. Was it really worth it to read an entry each day? Was it really worth it to distress myself every morning right before class? Of course because any pain for Soo Young was not painful enough when I knew she was in so much more pain than me.

I snuck my hand under my pillow and grabbed the book and pulled it out and quickly opened to the sixth page of the book and sitting down at the desk to read it in a better lighting.

Dear Diary,

                Has progress been made? I bet that is the first question you are going to ask because of course I’ve been writing more about my secret crush than school or anything else important in my life and I shall say this and only this and probably not only this because I know how I am. He called me! It was on a Saturday afternoon and he called me and asked if I wanted to go on a date with him! Now today is currently Sunday the Sunday after so this isn’t exactly after the date but close enough for me to remember almost every single detail! He said to meet up close to the school and he was already there waiting for me to show up and when I did he smiled that amazing eyecatching smile of awesomeness and he winked at me when I came closer! He was a total flirt and I was okay with that since I’ve been majorly crushing on him since pretty much the start of school. We walked around a lot and went to a lot of random small shops and ate some snacks together by a park and he seemed interested in every single thing I had to say! He was a gentleman, he was interesting he wasn’t stupid and he kept all of his attention on me. After that we went to a movie, he HELD MY HAND! And he even won me a small bear from a crane machine that was close to an arcade we went to after the movie! It was the perfect date and he walked me home and made sure to ask if I had an amazing day which I told him I did and he bowed politely and walked off…and there was the disappointing part of the whole date! He didn’t ask for another one, he didn’t ask for me to be his girlfriend and he didn’t kiss me! I don’t know what to think and I’m afraid I did something wrong! I’m in shock and I don’t know what to think or what to do. Oh dear diary what am I supposed to do in a situation like this?

---Soo Young

I felt like that had just happened and I almost went to grab my phone to tell her everything, tell her that I was shy and I didn’t want to come off as clingy, that I was scared she was going to hate me if I kissed her, that I couldn’t help myself and had no control over anything after that date. It took a full minute to realize I was in present time and that it had already happened and while that was a setback in our almost relationship it didn’t stop us from getting together later on that year and staying together the rest of our high school life.

I didn’t feel happy after that entry but there wasn’t a single tear in my eye. I felt numb and lifeless and it took me a bit before I finally told myself to get out of the room and go to breakfast. I was sure that when I got there I’d have something from the members or could get something real quick before class started and I knew Byunghun was going to meet me right before class. I really did wonder what he did or what he had to do to be up so early but I wasn’t going to question him since we’ve barely become friends and I’d be a hypocrite if I even dared ask him when I didn’t even tell him a single thing about myself.

Walking to the dining hall took no time at all as usual and I was greeted by the four boys there with two muffins one meant for Byunghun and the other for me. Changhyun seemed excited to know he got a second muffin and Jonghyun fought him for it saying he wanted it and soon enough Daniel was the one who took it and ate it.

“Do you know where L. Joe went?” Minsoo asked over the fighting of the two younger people and had his attention on me.

“He just said he was going to meet me at our first class and that was it.” I commented and shrugged before eating another bite of my muffin and enjoying every second of it. Changhyun and Jonghyun finally realized their muffin was missing and instantly attacked Daniel which caused another playful fight to break out which Minsoo and I took no part in.

Finally though after five minutes of pointless arguing I stepped in and yelled, “Get over it, it was just a muffin!” All three of them went silent and sat down properly in their seats muttering to themselves and avoiding eye contact with me.

“Whoa that was impressive.” Minsoo whistled and clapped a little to show that he wasn’t kidding when he said it was impressive.

“What? They needed to be told to stop or else they were going to continue to fight.” I shrugged to show it was no big deal to me. Back when I was in middle school I had to baby sit the kids next door to me and they were always fighting and being rough with each other so I ended up having to be the big bad boss who told them to stop and take time outs. Their parents always said I was like the perfect mother since I knew when to step in and how to do so without too much problems on my side.

I didn’t think I’d have to use those tactics again on guys slightly younger than myself.

“I knew Byunghun adding you to the group was a good idea.” Minsoo chuckled, “you are smart, you have a good personality, a great singing voice, and know how to handle those three when they get rowdy.”

I decided to take that as a compliment and thank him before finishing my muffin and taking my leave from the table saying it was about time for me to meet up with Byunghun and get to class before our seats were taken. Jonghyun and Daniel said goodbye to me while Changhyun still seemed slightly upset with me but I brushed it off and told them I’d hang out later maybe after class or Thursday since I didn’t have class.

And just like Byunghun promised he was waiting by the Language Arts building and greeted me with a “I’m sorry for running out this morning and did Ricky eat my muffin?!”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that second part but soon calmed down and explained to him what happened this morning and that it was okay that he ran off since he didn’t need my permission to do anything.

“How could you handle those three? When they all get at it it’s hard to stop them and usually Minsoo and I just let them tire themselves out.” Byunghun chuckled and we continued to talk about them on our way to class until we got in our seats and paid attention to the class instead.

Today we went over more basic english sentences that anyone should know from back in Elementary School but it has been a while since I took an English class and I had some problems, but luckily for me I had Byunghun on my side to help me understand things a lot easier and we ended up in a group with two other people and we had to talk in basic English for the rest of the period. Byunghun had it easy and answered anyone’s questions without a single problem and asked much harder questions to the other people in our group. Their names were Ji Hoo and Minho they were both nice guys but Byunghun was having too much fun making them confused over everything he said.

“H-How was the weather today?” Minho asked me in English and I thought for a good minute before asking back that it was sunny in English with a smile on my face.

“Alright everyone good job today for your participation and we’ll be starting much harder things next week so brush up on your English and show me you have what it takes to take this class and pass it with a good mark.” Mrs. Choi shouted out and ended the class period just in time for me to not have to think of a good question to give to Ji Hoo. I said goodbye to the two boys and walked out of the class with Byunghun until we parted ways and it was time for me to continue the rest of the day. College didn’t seem so bad at first and I’m hoping for it to stay like this and only get slightly harder as the semester kicks in.

The rest of my day seemed boring with just lectures and homework assignments, the only nice thing was having lunch after Biology and not having to eat alone. Daniel and I went straight to the dining area after Biology ended and grabbed whatever food that had the shortest line before heading to our usual table that always seemed empty when Teen Top wasn’t around.

“I feel sorry for you.” Daniel broke the silence and stopped eating his food to make the comment.

“What do you mean?” I asked after swallowing some food and looking completely confused. Why would Daniel feel sorry for me?

“Having that girl in your short stories class and having her be all over you when you have a girlfriend.” Daniel replied and stopped eating his food completely just to continue the conversation.

“She really isn’t that bad, actually hanging out with her yesterday was nice and she wasn’t annoying at all. I don’t like her in any other way but a friend but she seemed like a good girl.” I explained and felt bad for even being mean to her in the first place. It was nice to have her as a friend and once I settle everything with her and tell her we’re only friends everything will be good.

But Daniel didn’t seem too happy about that.

“She is probably just being like that to make you think she is a good person.” He crossed his arms and completely forgot about his food, which from what I could tell about the boy is a first.

“Why do you dislike her so much?” I questioned, finally stopping with my food to really see what his problem was. She wasn’t that mean to him and only seemed bad because she liked me more but that’s not a reason to dislike someone so much.

“Just nothing forget about it.” Daniel stood up and grabbed his food, “I’ll talk to you later Chunji.” And with that last comment he threw his food away and left the room, leaving me completely confused and forgetting that I still had food left.

Was there something about those two that he wasn’t telling me about? Was he hinting at something but I wasn’t getting it? I puzzled over it for a while and slowly ate the rest of my food before giving up and throwing the rest away. I made sure the table was clean and left to go to my Short Stories class where I’d have to think more about it since Ji Young was in that class.

And speaking about her here she comes right now. “Hey Chanhee!” She greeted me and started to walk beside me as we walked to class.

“Hey, how are you?” I asked and we continued our small chat until we were in class and the instructor interrupted us and asked about the ideas we were supposed to come up with. Luckily for us it was how we assumed and each group had to give out one story idea which was all we had. When our turn came up Ji Young was the confident one to stand up and tell the class about her idea which seemed well liked by the class and she sat down with a huge smile on her face. We high-fived each other but mentally I was saying that I didn’t even help and she came up with it herself without my help.

After that we were all assigned some short stories to read by Friday and continued on with some lectures about how to go about expressing ideas for the story ideas. So far when it came to which classes I liked the most it’d have to be this one then most likely English since Byunghun is such a great help in that class.

Lecture ended soon after that and I was dismissed for the day and had the rest of the afternoon to do whatever I wanted without a single problem. I didn’t have class until Friday and then after that until Monday. I liked having days off like this and I already preferred college over High School—I just wished there was one extra person here.

I walked back to my room to set my school things down and noticed Byunghun sleeping on the bed and decided to be mean and wake him up by shaking the bed.

“Whoa!” He shouted and looked at me with lazy eyes, probably too tired to even yell at me for waking him up. “I didn’t mean to fall asleep like that.” He laughed and sat up.

“You know when you sleep you always have a smile on your face.” I commented noticing it before but not thinking anything of it. I noticed this time though and decided to say something about it.

“Huh? I do?” He asked and subconsciously touched his lips as if he would know he was smiling by touching them. “You know when Niel sleeps after he wakes up his lips are like twice his normal size. I swear I’ve seen them before.”

“Whoa, really?” And soon enough we were talking about the other members and the weird things they do. Byunghun never mentioned how long he has known his friends but through our conversation it seemed like Byunghun, Minsoo and Daniel were all friends first from High School and Jonghyun and Changhyun were a year younger but they became friends with the group once they entered High School.

“If Ricky and Changjo are younger then how are they in the same grade as us in college?” I knew Minsoo was older than me by a year but he could have waited the year before going to college, but being a year younger just didn’t make sense to me.

“They requested a chance to take the required tests for college and when they got accepted to take the tests they scored higher than most of my grade and all of theirs and they were given the chance to skip a grade of high school and jump straight to college. This really doesn’t happen often but they had good connections with their family names and had the chance while a lot of students do not.” Byunghun explained and after that it made sense on why they were in college now, but that just made me wonder just how smart they were when they acted so childish around their friends.

“Speaking about Teen Top think we should all meet up, it’s getting close to dinner time and it’d be nice to see everyone together since I haven’t seen the whole group today.” I changed the topic due to me suddenly feeling hungry and hinting that Byunghun hasn’t really seen any of them today because of his sudden disappearance in the morning.

“Oh right, heh heh, sorry about that.” Byunghun laughed nervously, scratched the back of his head and went to grab his phone to text the other members. After a few minutes he finally got out from his bed and motioned for me to follow him out the door.

It felt like he knew me when he went straight for the stairs instead of the elevator and we walked down together and left the lobby without looking out in the mass of different shades of blue. I vaguely wondered if the other dorms had different shades of other colors but I would never see them since everyone in our group went to the same dorm in hopes of rooming together—which worked for all of them except Byunghun being the oddball out.

We arrived at the cafeteria not too much longer after exiting the dorms and found our usual table filled with all of the familiar faces of Teen Top. Jonghyun and Changhyun were already in a conversation while Minsoo and Daniel were talking about something before all four of them noticed our presence and greeted us with waves and huge welcoming smiles.

Without Soo Young I thought my life would be horrible and lifeless during the first few months of college, but finding such great friends so early on was completely lucky of me and I thanked the stars and the sky that I had the chance to make actual guy friends who didn’t hang out with me for the chance to see girls.

We made plans while eating to hang out on Thursday, except Minsoo had a random Thursday class at eleven and said that we’d have to hang out after his class ended which was fine by all of us—just meant we all could sleep in. The plans were basically to split up into groups and get applications for jobs around the area and then afterwards hang out and have a good time off. Of course that meant tonight was going to be ‘do your homework’ night, but I was fine with that and left soon after to do just that.

After homework was completely I felt proud of myself and went to sleep early in high spirits for my day off of school tomorrow.