Day Five

Dear Diary,

My dedicated fanfic chapter for Ultraviolet decided it hated life and didn't update so here it is again and I am going to dedicate this once more to the amazing, the greater author in all of AFF (in my opinion standing next to tintap) and one of the best motivators I could ever have! You are amazing I can say this a thousand times and I don't think it'll ever lose its meaning and I just want to shout it out to the world that you deserve so much better! Seriously guys her L. Joe story is amazing and if you haven't read it I'm suggesting it right now! Thank you for giving me the inspiration to write in this story again and you know what if I finish this story then I know you have the power to work miracles since I never finish my work! Thanks again and don't you worry I'll be posting up the newer chapter soon after this~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My alarm rung three times but each time I would just slam the snooze button and continue to sleep thinking that maybe if I sleep the day away I wouldn’t have to deal with the problems it would bring. Byunghun had already woken up and left the room before my alarm even went off and I knew he was off hanging out with the rest of Teen Top while I had to face a not so much fun day with a girl I barely met and seems to like me.

I groaned and moaned and rolled over and hugged my pillow but I knew it was time to get up, I knew it was time to just face today and get it over with. Maybe she wasn’t such a bad girl and maybe she was just overly friendly to all of her new friends…except she would have been nicer to Daniel if that were true. There was no way of getting out of this situation so maybe it was just best to face it head on and have no regrets for later.

I finally sighed and sat up to show myself that it was time to get up and get ready for the day. I had to take a shower, get dressed, come up with some ideas and possibly ruin my day even moreso by reading another diary entry in Soo Young’s personal diary.

I took a long shower before finally stepping out and getting dressed hoping if I went slow enough Ji Young wouldn’t be interested in hanging out anymore, but I knew that was not the case and I knew I was going to be hanging out with her today whether I liked it or not. I checked the time after I sat on my bed and it read ten in the morning which gave me an hour until I had to be at the Language Arts building to meet her. I was not going to show up early but I wasn’t going to show up terribly late so I planned to be there about five to ten minutes after eleven to show that I wasn’t overly excited or overly depressed on meeting her today.

…Yeah I think too much when it comes to these sorts of situations.

Instead of hesitating like I have been the past four days I reached under my pillow and grabbed the diary without a second thought. I would rather be depressed because of thinking about good memories then being depressed because of hanging out with a girl I had no care for. Soo Young could brighten up my day but at the same time crash and burn it a few minutes later—she had that much of an effect on me. I knew being obsessed with a girl like her would be a bad idea and sometimes I hate myself for loving her as much as I do, but I can’t help my feelings now so I’ve come to accept my all too loving nature and decided it my was fault if I get too hurt about it.

I opened the diary to the fifth page already knowing the first sentence she was going to write and smiling about it before even reading it.

Dear Diary,

                Lucky number five! Yup this is my fifth page to my very first diary and I’m proud to say that I had a lucky day today at school as well! Hung out with Song a bunch at lunch time, did all of my homework before the end of the day, didn’t need to go to study hall and got to buy the new Super Junior album that came out not that long ago! I can’t help but love the pop music here okay?! Good now school was amazing today I got to talk to my crush kind of sort of when he asked why he hadn’t gotten a call from me yet, I replied that I was busy and didn’t always devote my time to boys like he does with girls. He seemed sad by that comment and it totally ruined my ‘hard to get’ act but in the end I gave him my phone number and said if he wanted to talk he should just call me like a man! Ha that way I don’t look too clingy and if he calls me then that means he actually wants to well call me! Good going Soo Young you can be so smart sometimes! So that is why today is lucky and being my fifth diary entry just shows that five will always be my favorite and lucky number! I guess nothing interesting has happened yet but it makes sense since its still early in the school year and I haven’t run into bullies or drama yet! Just wait until I get a boyfriend—maybe my secret crush will be it! Once again I guess I’m just a hopeless romantic and I can dream all I want! If we do end up together maybe we’d be one of those matches made in heaven where once we’re together we’ll end up together! Or maybe he’ll be just my first boyfriend and we’ll share so many memories together—well it doesn’t matter I guess since it’s not going to happen and if it does not soon to be thinking of the future like that. Haha a girl can dream, right? Not like anyone needs to know about my horrible random rambling in my diary and now I can finally see why girls want these things! You can just write whatever you like and however you like! Love it~ And I’ll hopefully be writing more in this soon! Bye diary!

---Soo Young

Maybe today was not going to be so bad, maybe I was not going to have a horrible day because I know whatever happens will be fine and soon enough I’ll be Soo Young again. She is recovering and trying her hardest to stay healthy and well in another place with her family. I bet she is thinking about me right now and misses me as much as I miss her. Being able to read all these entries should be the best feeling in the world because it meant I was trusted enough by her family to see into her mind since I couldn’t really see her. I haven’t even gotten through my first week of college yet and I knew she was going to be there for a good amount of time it wasn’t going to help to feel sorry for myself and ruin my grades and my chances at happiness. Ji Young might be hitting on me, she might like me and wish for me to like her, but today I’ll set things straight and maybe even make a friend out of her. Soo Young has showed me that life is important because illness and sickness can strike at any time and there is no time to be sad or feel depressed about life.

I looked back at the time saw it was about time to head out, grabbed my backpack and walked out the door with a huge smile on my face. I went my usual way down the stairs and left the lobby without even looking to see who was in it. I walked confidently to the Language Arts building and was exactly five minutes late just like how I wanted. Ji Young was already there sitting at the stairs to enter the building but stood up when she noticed me walking towards her. She smiled hugely and for once I noticed just how cute she really was. I was so clouded by hatred for her that I didn’t even give her the chance at being my friend.

“Hi there, I was starting to wonder when you were going to show up.” She said when I was close enough for her to speak without raising her voice. She walked towards me after saying that and we met half way right in front of the building.

“Sorry I was coming up with some ideas and didn’t notice the time.” I replied and shrugged trying to not show too much interest but at the same time show enough. I prided myself on being a lady’s man so I always knew how to speak to girls.

“That’s fine, any ideas on where we can go to talk about them.” She giggled and continued to smile. I was still unsure about her feelings for me on whether if she truly liked me or not.

“Anywhere is fine with me, to be honest I don’t know the town well enough to find a perfect spot. I’ve only been here for about five days now.” I responded truthfully only knowing how long I’ve been here because of the diary entry from this morning.

“Let’s just find a nice spot outside, the weather is great today and maybe afterwards we can go grab something to eat at the cafeteria.” Ji Young suggested and for once when she talked I didn’t feel instantly annoyed. She had a good idea and it was nice outside today—she went some something simple and relaxing and I really liked that.

“Sure sounds great.” I agreed and we walked around campus until we found an area that was practically empty with enough shade and sun for what we needed to do and to be comfortable. I leaned up against a tree and pulled my backpack into my lap to grab some paper, a pencil and something to write on. Ji Young seemed prepared as well and pulled out the same materials as me and got comfortable laying in the grass.

“We need to think of some good story ideas then, right?” She asked and put her pencil close to her lips and started thinking. There were many good story ideas out in the world but we had to think of something creative and unique. I really didn’t understand why we had to be in groups but my only conclusion was to get to know the people in class and have a chance to at least have a friend. Now that I was over my hate for Ji Young it was nice to know I had at least one friend in each class. The only problem with Ji Young is if she didn’t like me saying we can only be friends then I’d be friendless once more in this class.

“Yeah, something new and creative, something the other classmates won’t think about! Can’t be too overused but it has to be interesting, it has to be something that will bring the reader in by the first chapter, by the first sentence!” I ended up raising my voice as I continued to talk and felt embarrassed by my almost yelling but Ji Young didn’t seem to mind and just giggled when I seemed to make it sound dramatic. I really liked the idea of this class and I really didn’t want to mess it up with bad ideas and overly cliché story plots.

“Or maybe it can be something old but with a new twist to it, maybe something that has been used multiple times before but with something interesting tacked on to grab the readers by the unique qualities it has.” Ji Young added and I liked where she was heading. She was suggesting an overly used plot or storyline but with something new and creative to twist it up and make it our own. So far she already seemed like a good person to be around and I was already mentally hurting myself for hating her so much when  I didn’t even know her.

“Sounds great but what is so overly used that we can touch up on?” I asked and leaned back some more to think about it. I read a lot of books when I had the free time but let’s be honest here when did I have a lot of free time in my life? I was too busy either with school or being around girls and parties. I was only smart because of my ability to juggle my party life with my school life.

“Isn’t it obvious?” She sighed and lightly smacked her forehead. “Fairytales.”

Oh! Oh right fairytales are as cliché as they get. Overly used prince and princess or anything about those sorts of stories, but how can they be twisted to something that they’ve never read before? Disney pretty much had it covered to tell tons of amazing fairytales from older stories but twisted them to always end happily ever after. “But how can we change that?”

“Hmmm.” She hummed rolled around in the grass for a good minute or so before finally going “A-ha!” and sitting up straight.

“What is it?” I asked completely curious to what she had come up with.

“I have the perfect idea, something I have not read before and would be the perfect novel idea.” She smiled brightly and wrote it down on her paper. I waited impatiently for a good ten minutes before she lifted her pencil up from the paper and handed it to me. Her handwriting was very pretty and very easy to read first of all so it wasn’t hard to read what she had just written down.

An idea that has been thought of by yours truly Ji Young!

Every fairytale about a knight and a princess always ends up the same—the knight saves the princess from the tower and they instantly fall in love and get married! It always ends that way with no problems attached and love always working out—but what if the knight was already taken? What if the kingdom was short when it comes to knights and didn’t want to lose all their best warriors to a princess for them to get married and live happily ever after? They needed back up they needed a knight to save the kingdom but at the same time safe princesses from horrible dungeons and dragons! So this story is about a knight who already has a fiancé but saves princesses as a job for his kingdom!

After reading the whole paragraph and couldn’t help but smile and actually really love the idea. “How did you come up with this.” I chuckled and handed her back the paper. She shrugged with a huge smile on her face and put the paper in her backpack obviously happy that her idea was liked.

“I’ve always thought that knights always get the girl they go to rescue but in reality that doesn’t always mean they were destined for each other.” She almost looked like she was about to tear up but she smiled even wider and said, “So I think that’s good, it is only the first week so I’m sure we’ll be fine with one idea.”

“Yeah we at least did the assignment and we didn’t take all day either.” I replied and sat up and dusted myself off from all the dirt and grass, Ji Young did the same and grabbed her background from the ground. I checked the time and it was actually one in the afternoon which was a good time to head to the cafeteria for some lunch. Ji Young had already mentioned that we should grab something to eat afterwards and since it wasn’t too late the cafeteria should still have lunch food with less people since they probably went around noon.

When we reached the cafeteria I was absolutely right and there were less people than usual hanging around still eating and the lines were not nearly as long. Ji Young seemed pleased and went to find something to eat and said we can meet up when we get our food. I chose Italian food today and got some pasta before noticing the rest of Teen Top chatting it up a few tables away from where I got my food at their usual table. I walked over to them and they instantly got up to greet me.

“How has today been going Chunji?” Daniel asked knowing exactly who I was hanging out with and what I was doing.

“Yeah Niel said you were hanging with a girl today, where is she?” Changhyun teased and pretended to look around before shrugging. Jonghyun seemed to mimic him and they both laughed and high-fived each other.

“It was surprisingly good, we did our assignment and actually I’ll be sitting with her for some lunch.” I replied and Daniel almost seemed to change his attitude completely like he wasn’t happy with my response.

“That’s cool; why not have her join us? A friend of Chunji’s is a friend of Teen Top’s.” Byunghun commented and it seemed like a good idea so I nodded and went to go find her to tell her the change in plans. She didn’t seem to overly thrilled about it but she didn’t decline the offer and soon enough we were sitting next to each other at the usual Teen Top table.

After introductions of all the members and their nicknames to not make her confused by the random name changing she seemed a bit more comfortable but at the same time Daniel seemed completely uncomfortable about the whole situation. I knew he didn’t like her much but I didn’t expect him to be this cold about it, but maybe he was just bad at warming up to people.

“So why did you name yourself Chunji anyways?” Ji Young asked looking at me and waiting for me to respond. I did have a reason for naming myself that believe it or not I just didn’t know if I wanted to explain to it them yet them.

“Yeah why did you?” Jonghyun and Changhyun came in and soon enough the whole table seemed interested in the origins of my name.

“Well Chun means heaven and Ji means earth, so Chunji is like heaven and earth. I know it doesn’t sound all too cool but I liked it.” I responded already feeling my cheeks heating up from embarrassment. I had a true reason why I put them together like that and it was that Soo Young was my heaven and she was so unreachable but I was like the earth because I had to continue moving on even without her near me. I know that sounds horribly lame and cheesy but I thought it worked and I hoped no one would ever ask me the real reason why I chose Chunji as a nickname.

Luckily for me they didn’t question too much further and seemed to take my explanation and didn’t ask for any more details about it. The rest of the afternoon was pretty much me hanging with everyone until it was around evening and Byunghun and I decided it was time to head back to our dorm room and said goodbye to everyone.

He asked me about her and my feelings for me which caused me to realize I haven’t told her that I just wanted to be friends and only friends but I guess I can do that next time I spend time with her. I told him that she was only a friend to me but I didn’t tell him anything about Soo Young, at least not yet, I didn’t trust them enough to talk about a sensitive topic like my girlfriend who is currently out of my reach. The day ended soon after that and I was happy to say that the day was not as bad as I had originally thought it was going to be.