Day Eleven

Dear Diary,

The sound of birds chirping could be heard outside our window as I finally decided it was about time for me to open my eyes. I was greeted with silence besides the birds and I knew Byunghun had already left for the morning to see the girl he liked. I rolled over to face my room and saw that my alarm was about to go off and quickly turned it off before the alarm could startle me. It was another Monday morning and the weekend was behind me which meant it was time to get ready for my classes.

I sighed knowing it was time to get out of bed but it still took a whole five minutes before I finally convinced myself that going to class was important and I should not skip after spacing out so badly on Friday. I went to take a shower soon afterwards to wake me up and to finish getting ready by packing my backpack with all the right things and making sure I was not forgetting anything important. I looked around the room one last time before my eyes focused on the one important thing in my room. I had barely read it last night before going to sleep since I was so busy yesterday but I knew I had time for it this morning and before I could even think my legs walked me over to it and my hands subconsciously grabbed for my pillow to push it out of the way.

Soo Young. Why did I have to torture myself so much by reading this diary every single day while I was here? Maybe I should just forget about reading it once a day and just read as much as possible, maybe by doing that she’ll recover faster and the days won’t feel like they pass by so slowly. She is recovering and yet I couldn’t even talk to her, she is recovering and yet I could do nothing but wait for her quick return.

I opened the diary to the eleventh page knowing exactly what entry it was and started to read only hoping to not cry so much this time around.

Dear Diary,

                Today is the beginning of March, March 1st to be exact and I’m telling you this for one important reason because this day will mean more to me than anyone will ever know, but first I need to speak about the events that had caused this one to happen so perfectly. Valentine’s Day as everyone knows is a day where girls give boys chocolates, usually homemade if they care enough for the boy. I spent hours slaving in the kitchen, with my mom’s help, making the perfect chocolates for Chanhee. We’re friends so it isn’t too weird to give him chocolates on this day, right? Well it doesn’t matter because I did and I’m so happy I did because not only did I find out that he only accepted my chocolates but he even said it was really special for me to give him something since he didn’t accept anyone else’s but mine. At the time I didn’t know what he was talking about, but then it happened today after school that it all made sense. I got a text from him to wait for him afterschool and he had the biggest thing of flowers and chocolates ever and his response was, “It might be too early for White’s Day, but I’m sorry I couldn’t get this for you sooner.” And then he came up to me, giving me the gifts and then he KISSED ME! He confessed he has liked me since the beginning of the year but didn’t want to say anything until he knew his feelings were true and that I had liked him back! So today is an important day because I can now say LEE CHANHEE IS MY BOYFRIEND!! He is the sweetest boy ever and I can’t believe he likes me back! Today will always be the best day of my life!!!!

--Soo Young

If someone were to come in right now I’m sure they’d think I had the weirdest expression on my face right now because I didn’t know if I just wanted to break down and cry or break down in fits of giggles and happiness after this certain diary entry. That was how excited she was when I did that? I was just trying to be clever by giving her gifts on not White’s Day since it’s so common for boys to return the favor on that day, and I wanted to be different.

I was actually about to flip the page and continue to read when suddenly the door slammed open with an exhausted looking Byunghun who couldn’t even speak through his heavy breaths but he still ran in grabbed my hand, pointed towards the clock and dragged me away from my bed and the diary and towards the door. From all of this all I could gather was it was about ten minutes until classes began and he ran to come get me before class started.

WAIT IT WAS TEN MINUTES BEFORE CLASS STARTED?! I quickly realized why Byunghun was in such a hurry and ended up running alongside him to class before we could be late. By the time we were in our seats we were both panting pretty badly, but I was a bit better off and had enough breath to breathe out, “Thank you” and “I’m sorry” about five times each to show my eternal gratitude for my amazing roommate who ran all the way from this building just to make sure I didn’t miss out on classes.

The whole class period Byunghun seemed nearly dead and even Minho and Ji Hoo seemed concerned with his appearance but luckily we didn’t have to do much talking in this class period and spent most of it listening to grammar lessons which gave both Byunghun and me a chance to really rest and catch our breaths the right way.

“What happened?” Minho asked when class was over but Byunghun shrugged it off and walked ahead without talking and I sighed and turned to Minho.

“It was all me, I completely lost track of time and Byunghun ran all the way to the dorm to get me before class started.” I explained before catching up with Byunghun to ask him if he was alright now.

“Answer your god damn phone next time!” He wanted to yell I could tell from the way his expressions were, but he only whispered it afraid that his voice would crack or give out. I seemed startled by this and checked my phone and realized it was still on silent for some reason and I had ten missed calls from Byunghun and five messages asking me where I was and if I was alright. “You were holding something in your hands when I came into the room, what was that?”

“Huh?” Oh! The diary! “Nothing just a book I was reading.” I laughed nervously but it seemed that Byunghun believed me and shrugged it off.

“Next time try not to read books in the morning if you’re going to be that focused on them.” He spoke in a louder voice this time and sighed.

“I’m sorry I’ll try not to.” I’ll definitely not read books in the morning, but lucky for me Soo Young’s diary isn’t a book but a journal and to me it was two separate things completely.

The rest of the morning nothing big seemed to happen to me and I actually paid attention in each of my classes all the way up to Biology when we had a pre-test and got to leave early giving Daniel and I more time for lunch and to hang out.

“So you’ll find out more about Ji Young for me, right?” Daniel asked the second we sat down to eat at our table. I really didn’t know how to talk to Ji Young about this sort of thing, but I knew I wanted Daniel to be happy so I just nodded which caused him to smile back at me. “Thank you so much! You are the bestest person ever.”

“Yeah, yeah I know I am.” I smiled but really I was a bit nervous about it since she was in my next class, I just hoped that Daniel didn’t expect me to do things quickly like talk to her today about it. “So how has your job been treating you?” I asked to change the topic, and luckily for me it worked.

“It is hard work but I get to practice there for free in my free time at work so it’s worth it if I want to be a professional singer. And about this whole band thing with our group, I think we need to get a bit more serious about it and start meeting up every day or at least every other day.” Daniel explained switching to a more serious mood but he still kept that same smile on his face.

“With college getting harder by the day do you think it’d be such a good idea to take that much time to form a band when work is going to get hard?” I asked feeling for the other members since they seemed happy with the idea but also working really hard towards their goals in college.

“Yeah.” Daniel sighed and looked down at his food without really touching it much. “College is going to get hard, but I really want this for us, hell once my voice really strengthens I might even drop out and just join an Entertainment.”

“An Entertainment already? But what about getting a degree here first?” I asked feeling slightly surprised that he wanted to quit college so quickly, but then again being a professional singer one doesn’t really need a degree in college for, just the talent. I couldn’t possibly think of dropping out of college just to be famous.

“Well I do want to do this for the rest of my life so why not try for it while I’m still young and have a chance. Yeah I’ll have to learn how to act and dance, but I can sing so it should be fine.” Daniel continued explaining and I really couldn’t argue with him over this since it is his life and what he wants to do with it.

“Yeah…” I trailed off and continued to poke at my food realizing that I hadn’t eaten yet today but I was not even hungry yet. Hearing him talk so seriously about his career and life made me think about my own and how I wanted a degree in Language Arts and yet I didn’t even know if this was what I wanted with my life. I wasn’t much of a scholar in high school and I swear I only graduated because of Soo Young and her constant talk about going to college together once we graduate. Now look at us.

“You can always join me.” Daniel stated bringing me back to reality to consider what he had just said.

“In going to an Entertainment?” I asked making sure I heard him right and he just nodded at me. “But I’m not even that good of a singer or anything for that matter.”

“You need to look at yourself with more confidence Chunji!” It took me a second that he had used my nickname and not my real name. Maybe Chanhee wasn’t the most intelligent guy around and maybe Chanhee didn’t have a lot going for him in life, but I’m Chunji to these guys, a whole new person if I want to be. “You are a great singer and you’ve barely had any practice at all. It would be amazing if we really could do duets together.” And there he goes again with this whole thing about me being a good singer, I only wanted to sing for one person and that one person was Soo Young. “You are the Power voice Chunji, not Lee Chanhee anymore. This is college this is your chance to change yourself.”

 Before I could even speak again I had glanced at the time and realized we had spent a bit too long talking and we only had fifteen minutes before my next class. I glanced at my mostly uneaten food and almost sighed sadly at it but I decided against saying anything about it and just looking at Daniel and telling him that I had to go and that I was going to think about his offer a bit more.

“Also at five we’re all going to go to the karaoke bar so you are more than welcome to come with us.” We left on that parting sentence and I went off to go to my Short Stories class to see Ji Young and finish the last class of the day.

“Hey.” She greeted when I had reached the building and she smiled brightly at me and walked beside me as we walked to our class together.

“How have you been?” It has been since Friday since I’ve seen her so maybe it would be good to ask her that kind of question.

“Wonderful!” She sighed happily and eased into her chair and looked at me with almost a sparkle in her eye. “I think I might really like someone, but I don’t know if he feels the same way.”

I thought of Daniel and hoped she was talking about him. “Really? Why not confess to him and see if he does?”

“Because we’re friends and I don’t want to ruin this friendship!” She pouted and hit my arm lightly but all I did was laugh at her childish attitude. I wondered if this was about Daniel, but I had a small feeling it was not by the way she spoke about him. “He comes to see me almost every morning and we hang out until he has to go to class. He always buys me the sweetest things, but maybe he just feels sorry for me since I have no one.”

The more she talks about this person, the more this person sounded like a person I knew, a person who would escape his room every morning to see a girl he likes.

“Do I—“ I was cut off by the teacher coming in and starting the lecture causing everyone to quiet down. I had a bad feeling about this and I was not going to be happy to be the bearer of bad news.

--But I had a feeling that Ji Young didn’t like Daniel, she liked Byunghun.

And he liked her back.

I thought about this the whole class period but didn’t talk to her about it afterwards. I admit that I was afraid to ask her if it was Byunghun, I was afraid to even ask him. I didn’t want Teen Top to face any sort of complication especially not with girl problems when they’ve known each other much longer than this girl.

Class had ended a while ago and I finally went to go eat by myself before going to karaoke with the rest of Teen Top, just thinking to myself as I ate slowly. I never had this problem with Soo Young when we first got together. All my friends had left me after I settled down with her and her friends had supported her with me so we ran into no sort of complication whatsoever in our years of going out. She was an only child, I was an only child so we had no problems with disapproving family members besides my father not much liking her but he never voiced his opinion to me directly, but the looks were enough.

I found my way back to my dorm to put my backpack away and noticed Byunghun getting ready to leave and I was about to ask him about where he was this morning before getting me, but I knew already whether I wanted to admit or not.

“Hey.” He said when I walked in and I greeted him back but didn’t say much more about it but instead noticed Soo Young’s diary still on my bed in plain sight. I panicked slightly but from the looks of Byunghun he didn’t even notice the diary and I went to put it back under my pillow hoping he won’t notice it at all.

“You going to karaoke with us tonight?” He asked and I nodded without voicing much at all, he seemed worried about it but from the looks of his smiling face he wasn’t too concerned for me at the moment. He must have been thinking about this morning back to when he was hanging out with Ji Young. I bet he was happy to know I never liked her in that way and that I already had a girlfriend. Maybe he didn’t want to tell me because of that, but now him knowing the truth he might tell me about her.

It didn’t take us much longer for us to leave the room and meet up with the others to go and I just remained silent, hoping that Daniel didn’t ask me about Ji Young while we were there. Luckily for me he didn’t even mention her at all and focused all of his energy on singing while the other boys in the group goofed off and had a good time.

I finally loosened up after a few songs and soon enough I was smiling along with them and enjoying my time hanging out with them and didn’t even notice Byunghun texting someone on his phone or the seriousness in Daniel’s voice as he sang every single lyric. I knew things were starting to become more complicated as the semester moved on, but for now I should stop worrying and be happy that Soo Young was recovering and that when she came here she can meet all of my new friends that I’ve made here. Maybe she’d like Ji Young and support whoever she ends up with and maybe all of my friends will be jealous of my amazingly sweet girlfriend who I had all to myself.

But for now I’ll just continue to live in the moment and be happy to have such wonderful company around me before things get worse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I want to thank everyone for being so patient with me! I barely ever update and I feel like when I do barely anything happens so I should update more but stupid college gets in my way every time. But I hate to inform you guys that I will not be updating this next month because I'm going to be focusing on my one thing I do every year. Check it out its at nanowrimo.org and it is National Novel Writing Month every November the goal is to start writers off on something like writing a novel or even a fanfic doesn't matter, what does matter is that you write 50,000 words in the one month! ^_^ I do it for fun since there really isn't too much of a prize for winning. I'll be doing a fanfic this year with EXO so if you like EXO maybe it'll preoccupy your time while waiting for this to update but I promise I'll update as fast as I can! Thank you once more and I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!