09

Haunted

A few days later

Zhou Mi groaned and got up, walking over to the front door. He opened it and came face to face with a young man a couple years younger than himself. "Can I help you?" he asked.

The young man his lips nervously. "Um, yeah. My name's Henry Lau. I'm a friend of Kim Ryeowook."

Zhou Mi groaned. "Did he send you to check on me?"

Henry blushed. "Actually, no. I've heard a lot about you from Ryeowook and wanted to meet you, so I asked him for your address."

"Look... I'm flattered but I'm not looking to date anyone right now."

"That's fine. Maybe we could start out as friends?"

Zhou Mi hesitated. "Alright." he said. "I'd like that."

Henry beamed at him. "Great! Shall we do something then? If you're not busy, that is."

"Um, what did you have in mind?"

"I figured we could go walk around the park and talk. Just get to know each other."

"Alright. Let's go." Zhou Mi said. He snagged his jacket off of the chair he'd thrown it on and dug out his house key. He followed Henry out, then locked the door behind him.

"So," Henry said as they started walking down the street. "How long have you lived in this house?"

"About three weeks or so." Zhou Mi replied. "Maybe closer to a month. What has Ryeowook told you about me?"

"He said that you've lived in Korea for a year. You don't have a job, though you have an education in fashion design. You're only twenty-four, and you're single."

"Hmm." The taller man turned into the park with Henry, trying to walk a little slower. "How old are you, Henry?"

"I just turned twenty-two." Henry replied. "I'm studying at Seoul University and play the violin in my spare time."

"Really?" Zhou Mi asked. "Are you any good?"

Henry gave him a shy smile. "I think I am." he said.

Zhou Mi opened his mouth, but stopped when he saw a tall, young man with short brown hair walking in front of them. It can't be Kyuhyun. he thought as he started walking faster, trying to catch up to the other man.

"Zhou Mi! Can you slow down a little?"

Zhou Mi looked back and saw Henry hurrying behind him. "Sorry." he said, slowing down a little. He looked in front of him but the man had already disappeared.

"Why'd you run off like that?" Henry asked once he'd caught up.

"Sorry." Zhou Mi apologized. "I thought I saw someone I knew."

"Oh. Alright."

The two men walked around the park for awhile, talking softly.

****

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Henry."

"Thanks. It was nice to meet you too." Henry said, smiling up at him.

Zhou Mi smiled back. "I'll see you around sometime then."

Henry leaned up and pressed his lips to Zhou Mi's in a brief kiss. "Yeah. You will see me." he said, pulling away. He grinned again and turned around, walking away.

Zhou Mi watched him go, one hand touching his lips. He smiled softly, then turned and went inside.