Ch 02

Haunted

"Of course I can see you." Zhou Mi studied the younger man in front of him. His hair was dark brown and hanging in his eyes, which were also a dark brown. At the moment they were wide in surprise, shock plainly written across his handsome face.

****

"B-but..." Kyuhyun sputtered. "You shouldn't be able to see me!"

"Why shouldn't I be able to see you?"

"Because-" Kyuhyun cut himself off. He couldn't be having this conversation with someone who was alive! He was dead. Didn't that make him invisible to humans?

"Because what?" Zhou Mi asked.

"Because I'm dead!" Kyuhyun replied after a minute.

Zhou Mi burst out laughing. "That's impossible. You look alive to me."

Kyuhyun glared at him. "Oh really?" He walked over to the taller man, clenching his right hand into a fist, then it through Zhou Mi's stomach.

Zhou Mi stopped laughing, growing pale as he stared at the arm sticking out of his stomach. "H-how are you doing that!" he asked.

"I'm dead, remember?" Kyuhyun asked him coldly, then pulled his hand out.

Zhou Mi stared down at his stomach, pulling up his shirt to make sure he wasn't hurt.

Kyuhyun felt his face turn heat up when Zhou Mi pulled his shirt up, revealing a flat stomach and muscular chest. He quicky looked away. "You don't have to do that. I didn't hurt you." he growled.

Zhou Mi hesitated, then let go of his shirt. "I'm Zhou-"

"I know what your name is." Kyuhyun interrupted him. "I heard your friend say it."

Zhou Mi ignored him. "What's your name?"

Kyuhyun hesitated. "Cho Kyuhyun." he said after a minute.

"It's nice to meet you, Cho Kyuhyun." Zhou Mi said.

"Just call me Kyuhyun."

"Alright. So, why are you in my house?"

"It's my house!" Kyuhyun snapped, feeling angry. How dare this... man come into his house and claim it as his own!

Zhou Mi regarded him with sympathy. "Well, legally it's my house. I bought it after the previous owners died. Were you related to them?"

"They were my parents." Kyuhyun replied hesitantly.

"How did you die? If you don't mind me asking, that is."

Kyuhyun stiffened up. "I don't want to talk about it." he said.

"Oh, alright." Zhou Mi replied. "Um, well, I'm going to go to bed."

Kyuhyun didn't say anything.

"Do you sleep?" Zhou Mi asked.

Kyuhyun snorted. "I'm not alive. Why would I need to sleep?"

"Just asking." Zhou Mi said. He watched Kyuhyun for a minute, then turned and left the room.