18

Haunted

Zhou Mi walked inside, shutting the door behind him. He slumped against the door, raising one hand up to cover his eyes. Kyuhyun didn't remember him. How could that have happened?

"Are you alright?"

Zhou Mi jumped and uncovered his eyes. Ryeowook was sitting on his couch, staring at him in concern. "How did you get in here?" he asked softly.

Ryeowook held up a key. "You gave me the spare, remember? Now, what's wrong?"

Zhou Mi sighed and walked over to the couch. "Remember that guy I was telling you about? It is Kyuhyun."

"So, he woke up? That's great! How is he?"

"He doesn't remember me at all."

"Oh. Did you tell him..."

"About him being a ghost? Yeah. He didn't believe me."

"What are you going to do?"

Zhou Mi sighed. "I guess I'm going to have to give up. I'll forget him and keep dating Henry. He's nice enough and I could be happy with him."

Ryeowook looked guilty. "Um, about that..."

"What?"

"Henry sent a text to me."

"What does it say?"

"Here." Ryeowook held his phone out to Zhou Mi.

Zhou Mi took the phone and started reading the texts.

*Hey, Wookie. Um, I need some help.*

*What's wrong?*

*Han Geng asked me out earlier.*

*Really?*

*Yeah. Um, he asked me to be his boyfriend, actually.*

*...Oh. But what about Zhou Mi?*

*...I don't know. I really like him, but I like Han Geng as well. What should I do?*

*You'll have to answer that yourself, Henry.*

*...Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks.*

Zhou Mi handed the phone back to Ryeowook. "So Han Geng finally asked Henry out. That's good."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Don't you like Henry?"

"Sure. I think I like him more as a friend though. I could have fallen in love with him if I had time, but I don't want him to be unhappy."

Ryeowook sighed. "And you're too selfless, Mi. You need to find yourself someone. What about Heechul? He seems like your type."

"I suppose, but I think he's dating someone already."

"Oh."

"Look, I know you're trying, but I don't think I want to date anyone for awhile." Zhou Mi said after a minute.

"But Mi-"

"Tell me how your date with Sungmin went." Zhou Mi interrupted him.

"It was great." Ryeowook replied. "Sungmin really loved how I looked, though he said he prefers me the way I look now. We went..."

Zhou Mi tuned Ryeowook out after a minute, leaning his head on his hand. What was he going to do with the Kyuhyun situation?

He sighed and pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened a text message to Henry. *I heard Han Geng asked you out.*

*Yeah, he did. Are you mad?*

Zhou Mi paused. Was he mad? No, actually he was a little relieved. *No. I'm happy for you. He really seems to care about you.*

*...So, what's going to happen to us?*

*I'd like to stay friends with you, if that's alright.*

*I'd like that, Zhou Mi. Thanks. I'll talk to you later.*

*Ok. Goodbye.*