12

Haunted

*Knock Knock*

Zhou Mi jumped and yelped as he rolled off the couch, tumbling to the floor. He groaned and pushed himself up.

"Who is it?" he asked.

"It's Ryeowook." came the reply.

Zhou Mi unlocked the door and opened it. "What do you want?" he asked, reaching up with one hand to try and smooth his hair down.

Ryeowook raised an eyebrow. "Good morning to you too, Sunshine." He pushed past Zhou Mi and went into the house. "I'll make some breakfast, you go get cleaned up."

Ten minutes later, Zhou Mi found himself sitting in front of his table, staring at a plate of eggs and rice. "Thanks." he said, as he picked up his chopsticks and started eating.

"You're welcome." Ryeowook said as he sat down in another chair. "How'd your date with Henry go?"

Zhou Mi choked on the bite of food in his mouth. He reached forward and grabbed the cup of water in front of him and took a swallow. "Where'd you hear about that?"

Ryeowook rolled his eyes. "We work together, remember? He told me."

Oh, yeah. He'd forgotten that little detail. "I'm not sure."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I went to his recital, I watched the recital, he walked me home and kissed me on the cheek. And, oh yeah, the guy who's in love with Henry showed up and I'm pretty sure the guy I'm in love with showed up, as well."

Ryeowook stared at him. "Hold on. Repeat that last part."

"The guy who's in love with Henry showed up."

"Not that part. The part about the guy you're in love with."

"Well, I've been seeing a guy who looks a lot like Kyuhyun around."

"I thought Kyuhyun didn't wake up from his coma."

"He didn't." Zhou Mi replied. "At least, not while I was there. It might have happened after I stopped visiting."

Ryeowook looked thoughtful. "Well, it's probably not him, just someone who looks similar."

"Yeah, I thought about that. But why have I been seeing him everywhere I go?"

"Maybe he lives close by."

"Maybe." Zhou Mi finished eating and stood up. "Is this the only reason you came here?"

"Well... No." Ryeowook admitted.

"Alright, what do you want?"

"I need your help." Ryeowook explained. "Me and Sungmin are going on a date tonight."

"And?" Zhou Mi prompted him.

"Well, I want to get a new outfit to wear. One that will make me look hot."

"Seriously?" Zhou Mi eyed Ryeowook. The shorter boy was currently wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white tshirt. His hair had been parted on the side and tucked behind his ears. "Alright, then, I'll help you. On one condition."

"What's that?"

"Let me choose what I want and don't complain about it."

"Fine." Ryeowook replied.

****

"Hey, Zhou Mi!" A young man with black hair pulled back into a bun rushed towards them, a wide smile on his face. "Who's your friend? He's cute."

"This is my best friend, Kim Ryeowook." Zhou Mi said.

Heechul pouted. "I thought I was your best friend."

"I barely even know you."

Heechul slapped him on the shoulder. "You're not funny."

Ryeowook smiled. "Like he said, I'm Ryeowook. And who are you?"

"Kim Heechul. I'm the owner of this store." Heechul replied, smiling at Ryeowook.

"Nice to meet you, Heechul."

"Thanks. So can I help you?"

"Ryeowook has a date tonight, so I'm picking an outfit for him." Zhou Mi explained.

"Well, I'll leave him in your capable hands, then." Heechul turned and walked back behind the desk.

"Come on." Zhou Mi grabbed Ryeowook's arm and tugged him over to a rack of clothes.

****

"I'm not coming out." Ryeowook's voice floated out of the dressing room.

Zhou Mi rolled his eyes. "Don't make me come in there and drag you out." he threatened.

"You wouldn't."

"Maybe he wouldn't, but I would." Heechul replied as he walked towards them. "Now come out."

There was a moment of silence, then "Fine." Ryeowook said sullenly. "Just don't laugh."

"Why would we laugh?"

The door opened and Ryeowook peeked out. "Because I look ridiculous." he said.

"Let us be the judges of that." Zhou Mi told him.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Ryeowook muttered. He sighed, then walked out.

Heechul whistled. "Wow." he said. "You look-"

"Good." Zhou Mi finished. "Sungmin will love it."

Ryeowook glanced in the mirror, looking at the tight black pants coupled with a black tshirt that he was wearing. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Heechul walked towards him. "But something needs to be done about your hair and makeup."

Ryeowook glanced in the mirror. "What's wrong with my makeup?"

"Nothing. We just need to touch it up a bit."

"...Fine."

"Great!" Heechul grinned. "Now come with me." He grabbed Ryeowook's wrist and started pulling him towards the back room.

Ryeowook glanced back at Zhou Mi, eyebrows raised.

Zhou Mi nodded at him, smiling a little.

Ryeowook sighed and allowed the other man to pull him into the back room.

Zhou Mi walked over to a rack of clothes, idly looking through them as he waited for Heechul to finish with Ryeowook.

A flash of movement caught his attention and he looked up just in time to see the young man from last night. This time, he was able to see him from the front and it was definitely Kyuhyun.

"K-Kyuhyun?" Zhou Mi asked.

The young man didn't look up, but Zhou Mi saw him pull his hand out of his pocket and drop a piece of paper on the floor. When he was done, he turned and left the store.

Zhou Mi walked over quickly and picked up the paper.

*Meet me at the park tonight. I'll be there at nine.*

Heechul stepped out of the back room, a wide grin on his face. "May I introduce the new and improved Kim Ryeowook." He stepped forward and Ryeowook stepped out behind him.

The shorter man's hair had been tousled, making him look like he'd just gotten out of bed. His eyes were lined in dark eyeliner, making his eyes stand out more. It was a devastating effect, combined with the outfit he still wore.

"Wow." Zhou Mi said. "Sungmin isn't going to know what hit him."

Ryeowook blushed. "Really?"

"Yeah. You'll get laid tonight, that's for sure." Heechul told him.

Ryeowook elbowed him in the ribs. "How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing." Heechul told him. When Ryeowook gave him a surprised look, he grinned. "What? I'm the owner of this store, I can afford to give out freebies every now and then. Especially to my friends. Don't expect it every day though."

"...Thanks." Ryeowook told him. "I think." He leaned closer to Zhou Mi. "Do I really want to be friends with him?"

"Yah!" Heechul glared playfully at Ryeowook. "This is what I get after all the help I gave you?"

Ryeowook grinned at him, then bowed. "Thank you for the help, Heechul."

Heechul looked surprised. "Ah... You're welcome."