07

Haunted

Zhou Mi slowly walked over to the bed and looked down at the figure laying on it.

It was clearly a male, with pale skin and limp brown hair cut short around his face. There was a bruise on his left cheekbone and a bandage covered most of his forehead, but it was definitely Cho Kyuhyun.

Zhou Mi glanced over at the man standing behind him. "It's you."

"What?" Kyuhyun took a step closer to the bed, then stopped. "It can't be."

"It is."

Kyuhyun hesitated, then stepped closer, looking down at the bed. "It is me." he said after a minute. "But... shouldn't I be in my body?"

Zhou Mi shrugged. "I don't know. I've never been dead before."

Kyuhyun stared at his body, looking almost hypnotized. He slowly reached out and touched his hand.

Zhou Mi's eyes widened as Kyuhyun started to glow. "Um, Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun looked up, then vanished.

Zhou Mi stared at the spot where Kyuhyun had been, then looked down at the body on the bed.

Nothing had changed. The Kyuhyun on the bed lay still, his chest moving steadily up and down.

Zhou Mi moved back, sitting down in a chair behind him. "Kyuhyun? Are you here?" he asked.

There was no answer.

Zhou Mi clutched the arms of the chair, staring intently at Kyuhyun, hoping for a sign of life from him.

****

A couple hours later a nurse poked her head into the room. "I'm sorry, sir. Visiting hours are over. You're going to have to leave."

"Thanks." Zhou Mi said, his eyes never leaving Kyuhyun's bed. Slowly, he got up and walked over to the bed. "I'll see you tomorrow, Kyuhyun." He then turned and left the room.