08

Haunted

"So, you expect me to believe that your ghost wasn't actually dead?" Ryeowook asked.

"Yeah. Because its true." Zhou Mi replied.

Ryeowook sat back in his seat. "So, wait. What happened after he touched his body?"

"He disappeared."

"Ok. Did he wake up?"

"Nope."

"What? But you said it's been five days. Kyuhyun still hasn't woken up?"

Zhou Mi shook his head.

Ryeowook bit his lip, looking around the room.

"What is it?"

"Well.... Maybe you should let him go."

"What do you mean?"

"If he didn't wake up, then he probably won't." Ryeowook explained.

"You're saying I should give up on him."

"No!" Ryeowook shook his head. "But... You shouldn't visit Kyuhyun anymore. It'll be easier on you if he does die."

"I can't."

"Why?"

Zhou Mi didn't say anything.

The brunette sighed. "You don't know anything about him, other than his name and age. So why can't you stop visiting him?"

"...I love him." Zhou Mi admitted. It was true. Somehow, in as little as a week, he'd managed to fall in love with Kyuhyun.

Ryeowook looked sympathetic. "I'm sorry, Mi, but you need to forget him. It doesn't seem likely that he'll wake up."

"I can't forget him!" Zhou Mi protested.

"Fine. Then find someone else. There's a guy I work with who's interested-"

"No! I'm not letting you set me up on another blind date!"

"It won't be like your date with Siwon. Henry is really nice."

"No, Ryeowook. That's final."

Ryeowook sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you." Zhou Mi said.

"Henry really is a nice guy though. He plays the violin and he-"

Ryeowook was cut off when the door opened and Sungmin walked in. "Hey, Mi." he said, smiling.

Zhou Mi looked up and couldn't help smiling. "Ryeowook is going to kill you."

"Why am I going to kill him?" Ryeowook asked, looking up. His mouth dropped open when he saw Sungmin. "You dyed your hair pink again?"

"And that's my cue to leave." Zhou Mi commented drily, standing up.

Ryeowook didn't seem to notice. "Sungmin, I know you like pink but couldn't you have just bought more pink clothes or something?"

Zhou Mi walked past Sungmin, stopping briefly to say goodbye to the shorter man. "Good luck."

Sungmin smiled quickly, then turned back to Ryeowook, who had stood up and was now glaring him. "Thanks. I'm going to need it."

Zhou Mi grinned, then walked out the door.

****

Zhou Mi looked down at Kyuhyun. "Hey, Kyuhyun, it's Zhou Mi again. I'm sorry I'm late. I stopped by to see Ryeowook." He sighed, then continued. "Ryeowook thinks I should stop coming to see you. I-I'm starting to think he's right. Maybe I should stop coming. It doesn't look like you'll wake up anytime soon.

"So, I guess this is goodbye. I am glad I met you and I'll always remember you. I wish we'd had more time to get to know each other." Zhou Mi sighed, then stood up. "Well, goodbye, Kyuhyun. This is the first and last time I'll be saying this. I don't know when it happened, but I fell in love with you. Goodbye." With one last look at Kyuhyun, Zhou Mi turned around and walked out of the room.

****

Zhou Mi sighed as he walked into his house. It was quiet - too quiet - now that Kyuhyun was gone. He'd gotten used to the other man's presence, as noisy as it was. With a sigh, he threw his jacket on the couch and went to his bedroom.