Ch 01

Haunted

Someone was moving into his house.

Kyuhyun watched from the top floor as two young men carried boxes in the front door. One of the young men paused and looked up, brushing his obviously-dyed red hair out of his eyes, making Kyuhyun step back instinctively before he remembered that he was dead. The other man couldn't see him.

****

"What's wrong?"

Zhou Mi hesitated, then turned around to face Ryeowook. "I don't know. It... it felt like someone was watching me."

Ryeowook frowned. "Mi, you heard the agent." He hesitated, then continued. "No one has lived here since the previous owners died."

"Yeah, I know, but still..." Zhou Mi trailed off, not sure of what to say.

"I still don't understand why you wanted to buy this house." Ryeowook grabbed a box from the back of his car, then started carrying it inside.

Zhou Mi grabbed another box and followed him. He had no idea why he'd bought it either. All he knew was that the moment he'd seen the house, he knew he had to buy it.

It was a small, two-story house, painted a creamy, light blue. There was nothing spectacular about it, nothing that made it stand out, but for some reason it had caught his attention immediately.

****

Kyuhyun walked to the top of the stairs and started walking down them, listening to the conversation between the two men in the living room.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay, Mi?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Besides, I don't think Sungmin would enjoy it if you stayed with me."

Kyuhyun peeked around the doorway, watching the two men. The red-head had just finished talking, which made him 'Mi'. It was a strange name for a man, he decided.

The shorter brunette leaned up and hugged the red-head. "You know as well as I do that he wouldn't mind me staying with you for one night." He pulled away from the taller man, looked around, then looked back at him. "I meant what I said earlier, Zhou Mi. If you need anything, even if it's a place to stay, just call me."

So his name is Zhou Mi, Kyuhyun thought. It suited him, though it clearly wasn't a Korean name, he must've been a foreigner, maybe Chinese.

"Thanks, Ryeowook." Zhou Mi replied. "I'll remember that."

Ryeowook nodded, though he knew that Zhou Mi would never call him unless it was a life or death situation. "If you don't call me tomorrow, I'm coming over to check on you." Without giving Zhou Mi a chance to answer, he turned around and walked out the door.

Zhou Mi sighed and shook his head. Ryeowook is so stubborn, he thought to himself. He started to turn, then stiffened up when he saw someone standing by the stairs.

****

"Who are you and how did you get into my house?"

Kyuhyun stared at Zhou Mi in surprise. "You can see me?" he asked.