05

Haunted

Zhou Mi opened his laptop up and typed in 'Cho Kyuhyun'. Instantly, the page filled up with results. He clicked on the top link titled, Local Family Injured In Fatal Car Accident.

Last night, a local family, the Cho's, got into a car accident. The driver tried to switch lanes and ran into a tree. Mr. Cho died instantly in the wreck. Mrs. Cho and their son, Kyuhyun, were taken to Seoul Memorial. Mrs. Cho died later that night.

What about Kyuhyun? Zhou Mi thought. He went back to the search engine and started searching through the links. Immediately, his attention was caught by another link titled, Cho Kyuhyun still in coma

Twenty-four year old Cho Kyuhyun, the only survivor of a car accident last week, is still in a coma. Doctors say there's a good chance that he'll recover.

Zhou Mi sat back in his chair, staring at the computer screen. Kyuhyun was still alive? He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. After a minute, he got up and walked into the living room where Kyuhyun was amusing himself by sticking his hand through the TV. "Kyuhyun, I need to know. How did you die?"

Kyuhyun turned around, arching an eyebrow at Zhou Mi. "You need to know? Why?"

"Because there's a chance that you're not dead!"

Kyuhyun stared at the redhead. "What? No, I'm certain that I'd died."

"Then how did you die?"

"I was celebrating my dad's promotion." Kyuhyun said softly. "It was me, my mom, and my dad. We were driving home when Dad tried to switch lanes. He lost control of the car and ran into a tree. All three of us died."

Zhou Mi sighed. "Are you certain that you died?"

"Of course I'm certain!" Kyuhyun snapped.

"Fine." Zhou Mi turned around and grabbed his coat.

"Where are you going?"

"To find out for certain."

"Then I'm coming with you." Kyuhyun said, following the taller man out of the house.

"Fine." Zhou Mi led the way down the street, stopping occasionally to make sure they were going the right way. Finally, they got to Seoul Memorial. Zhou Mi took a breath, then walked in, going to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" the nurse asked.

"Hi, I'm here to see Cho Kyuhyun." Zhou Mi said politely.

"How are you related to him?"

"Excuse me?"

"Cho Kyuhyun is listed in critical care. Only relatives or significant others may visit him."

"I'm his fiancé." Zhou Mi blurted out.

The nurse eyed him, then shook her head with a sigh. "Alright. He's on the third floor, room 33."

Zhou Mi took off, heading towards the stairs.

"Fiancé?" Kyuhyun hissed. "Seriously?"

"I didn't know what else to say." Zhou Mi replied.

"It's not me." Kyuhyun told him. "How are you going to explain this to some guy you don't even know?"

"Why are you so certain that it's not you? Do you want to be dead?"

"What? Of course not!"

"Then what is your problem?" Zhou Mi asked.

"...My parents are dead! I don't have anyone else."

Zhou Mi whirled around, pinning Kyuhyun to the wall. "You have me!" he said, ignoring the strange looks he was getting from passing people. "I care about you!"

"Are you alright, sir?" A doctor asked Zhou Mi.

Zhou Mi sighed and pulled away from Kyuhyun. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you." He started walking again, getting to the stairs before Kyuhyun, taking them two at a time.

They walked to room 33 in silence.

Kyuhyun hesitated, then looked at Zhou Mi. "Are you going to go in?"

Zhou Mi didn't say anything, just straightened his shoulders and pushed the door open.

****

This is definitely not the ending of the story. It's not even close to ending. Please tell me what you think.