10

Haunted

It was a couple days before Zhou Mi saw the brunette man again. He was coming out of a store when something made him look up just in time to see him walk past. This time the redhead saw him from the side; there was a definite resemblance to Kyuhyun.

"Kyuhyun!" he called.

The other man didn't even slow down. He just kept walking, pushing through the people in front of him.

Zhou Mi tried to follow him but lost him in the crowd. With a sigh, he slowed down then stopped. I suppose it's not Kyuhyun.

"Zhou Mi?"

Zhou Mi looked up in surprise and forced a smile when he saw Henry standing in front of him, carrying a violin case. "Hey, Henry." he said.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah." Zhou Mi sighed. "I'm fine, thanks. Is that your violin?" he asked.

"Yeah. I just got back from practice." Henry replied.

"Oh."

"I was going to go get something to eat. Would you like to come with me?"

"Sure, thank you." Zhou Mi allowed Henry to lead him to a small cart on the sidewalk.

"Two orders of Beijing Fried Rice, please." Henry told the young man who was cooking.

The man nodded. "Alright. I'll bring them to you when I'm done."

"Thanks, Geng." Henry said. He led Zhou Mi over to a table and pushed the taller man into a chair. "So, what's the story?"

"What do you mean?"

"The 'friend' you keep looking for. Who is he?"

Zhou Mi was silent for a minute. "I don't even know if it's him." he said softly.

"So? You should still talk about it. It'll make you feel better."

The young man - Geng - walked over and placed two bowls of rice in front of the two men. "Here's your Beijing Fried Rice." he said.

"Thank you."

Geng nodded his head and walked away.

Zhou Mi picked up his chopsticks and took a bite of the rice. "His name is Kyuhyun. I met him when I first moved into my house..."

****

"Wow." Henry said as they stopped in front of Zhou Mi's house.. "You should find him, you know. See if it's actually him or not."

"No." Zhou Mi said firmly. "Ryeowook was right. I need to move on. Besides, chances are that it's not Kyuhyun."

Henry gazed at Zhou Mi thoughtfully. "Alright." he said. "I've got a recital tomorrow. Why don't you come?"

"Um, sure." Zhou Mi replied. "Where is it?"

"I'll come get you." Henry replied. Before Zhou Mi could react, Henry leaned up and kissed him again, his lips lingering longer than the last time. He pulled away and smiled at Zhou Mi, then walked off.