Ch 03

Haunted

Zhou Mi hesitantly walked into his kitchen, looking around. After a minute, he leaned against the wall beside him. So it wasn't real, he thought to himself. He should've been relieved, so why was he feeling disappointed?

"Looking for me?"

Zhou Mi jumped in surprise, then yelped as he smacked the back of his head against the wall. He frowned at Kyuhyun who was currently standing in the middle of his stove. "What are you doing here?" he demanded.

Kyuhyun scowled and walked over to him. "Don't tell me you've forgotten me already." he said. "Remember me? I'm Cho Kyuhyun, the ghost who's house you're currently occupying." He brought his hand up, holding it just above Zhou Mi's forehead. "Are you getting sick?"

"Stop that!" Zhou Mi said. Without thinking, he reached up to smack Kyuhyun's hand away.

He's not sure which one of them are more surprised when he actually makes contact with Kyuhyun's hand.

Kyuhyun stared at his hand like he'd never seen it before. "You just touched me." he said, looking at Zhou Mi.

The redhead felt his cheeks heat up. "I thought I couldn't touch you!"

"You shouldn't be able to touch me." Kyuhyun replied after a minute.

"Then how was I able to?" Zhou Mi demanded.

Kyuhyun hesitated, then lifted his hand again, bringing it close to Zhou Mi's face.

"What are you doing?"

"Just let me try something." Kyuhyun took a breath then pressed his hand against Zhou Mi's cheek.

Or at least he tried to.

Kyuhyun scowled as he watched his hand sink through Zhou Mi's face. "Ok, why is it that you can touch me but I can't touch you?" he asked.

"I don't know, but can you stop that? It feels very weird." Zhou Mi replied.

"You can feel that?"

"Yeah, I can feel it! It's creeping me out."

Kyuhyun looked thoughtful. "Were you able to feel it last night?"

"What?" Zhou Mi asked. "Of course, I wasn't able to..." His voice trailed off as he realized what he was saying. "Ok. So I can touch you and I can now feel it when you put your hand... in me. What does this mean?"

"I don't know." Kyuhyun said as he took a step back, breaking contact with Zhou Mi. "I intend to find out, though." Without another word, he turned and vanished.

****

Ryeowook scowled Zhou Mi. "You expect me to believe that there's a ghost in your house?"

Zhou Mi took a sip of his hot chocolate. "Yes. His name is Cho Kyuhyun."

"Uh huh. Who are you and what have you done with my friend?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"The Zhou Mi I know does not believe in ghosts." Ryeowook replied. "The Zhou Mi I know only believes in-"

"The Zhou Mi you knew disappeared the moment someone put their hand through his stomach."

Ryeowook gaped at him. "W-what?"

"You heard me. Kyuhyun punched me, but his fist went right through my stomach."

"Um, wow. That's... different."

"Yeah." Zhou Mi agreed.

"So, is he cute?" Ryeowook asked.

"Who?"

"Who do you think? Your ghost!"

Zhou Mi felt his face turn red. "What kind of question is that?"

"I'll take that as a yes, then." Ryeowook looked smug.

"Even if he is, there's no point. How would I have a relationship with him? It's not like we could go on dates."

"I only asked if he was cute. I didn't say anything about having a relationship with him."

Zhou Mi turned red. "Oh."

Ryeowook looked at his phone. "I'm going to have to talk to you later. I have to run."

"Got somewhere you need to be?"

Ryeowook blushed. "That was Sungmin." he said. "It's our one-year anniversary today, so we made plans."

"Congratulations." Zhou Mi smiled. "I'm really happy for you both."

"Thanks." Ryeowook stood up, pushing his chair in. "I'll see you later." He hurried out the door.

Zhou Mi finished his hot chocolate slowly, then stood up and left.

****

"Kyuhyun? Are you here?" Zhou Mi asked, looking around the house as he walked in. To his disappointment, there was no reply.

Kyuhyun didn't show up for three days.