15

Haunted

"Do you need me to call anyone to pick you up?"

Kyuhyun glanced up at the nurse who'd brought a wheelchair into the room. "No. My friends are all busy."

"What about your fiancé?"

"Who?"

"The tall redhead who kept visiting you. He visited up until two days before you woke up. He's so skinny, though. You're going to have to fatten him up a little."

A memory - except it couldn't have been a memory, he didn't remember it at all. - flashed through Kyuhyun's mind. A redheaded man wearing nothing but a towel slung low on his hips was standing in front of him. His lips moved but he wasn't able to hear what he said.

"Are you alright?"

Kyuhyun shook his head. "Yeah, I'm alright. He, uh, he's busy today." he said. "I'll just call a cab."

"Alright." the nurse said, looking a little doubtful. "Are you ready to go?"

Kyuhyun looked around the room. "Yeah, I guess so." He eyed the wheelchair. "Do I really have to ride in that?"

"It's the policy, so yes."

Kyuhyun sighed and sat down in the chair. "This is embarrassing." he grumbled as the nurse pushed him out of the room.

"Shush. Enjoy it while you can."

Kyuhyun sighed and leaned back in the chair, trying to relax. Finally, they got down to the first floor.

"Hey, Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun looked up and saw Eunhyuk and Donghae. "What are you guys doing here? I thought you had to work."

"You really think we'd leave you without a ride?" Donghae asked.

"Yeah. You're practically family." Eunhyuk added.

Donghae looked around. "Where's your stuff?"

"All I had was my phone and my clothes." Kyuhyun replied. "My phone was destroyed in the accident and, surprisingly, the staff here destroyed my clothes. Seems they were ripped and covered in blood."

"They were beyond saving." The nurse said. "I'll leave you in their hands, Mr. Cho. I hope I won't see you anytime soon."

"You won't." Kyuhyun said.

Eunhyuk stepped forward and took the nurse's place when she left. "What about your stuff at the house?"

Kyuhyun shrugged. "No clue. I'll have to call the realtor and ask."

"Here we are." Donghae said, unlocking the car as they neared it.

"We're driving?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Would you rather walk to our apartment?" Eunhyuk asked him.

"I... I suppose not."

"Don't worry, I'll be careful." Donghae told him.

****

Kyuhyun climbed out of the car, looking around. "Thanks for the ride, guys."

"Where are you going?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Well, I need a place to stay."

"You're staying with us. Donghae even set up the spare room for you."

"That's not-"

"You're staying." Donghae interrupted. "No arguments."

"Yes, sir." Kyuhyun muttered.

"I heard that."

"Good."