13

Haunted

Zhou Mi walked into the park five minutes before nine, looking around hesitantly.

"Hey, over here."

Zhou Mi turned towards the source of the voice and spotted Kyuhyun standing in the courtyard where Henry had had his recital. He gave the other man a small smile and walked over to him. "Um, hey, Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun frowned. "Well, I guess I don't need to introduce myself, since you know my name."

Zhou Mi froze. "You don't know me?"

Kyuhyun didn't say anything for a minute. "When I woke up, one of the nurses told me that my fiancé had been coming to visit me everyday, but he stopped two days before I woke up. She described him as being a tall, skinny redhead with good fashion sense." He paused, taking a deep breath. "Honestly, I don't think I needed her to describe you, though. The minute I saw you, something drew me to you, even though I don't know you."

Zhou Mi didn't say anything.

"You're not my fiancé, are you?"

"No, I'm not." Zhou Mi answered.

"Were we friends? Before the accident?"

"No."

"Then how do I know you? How do you know me?" Kyuhyun demanded. "Why do I feel like I know you?"

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you."

"Try me."

Zhou Mi sighed. "I live in your old house-"

"I know. I saw you there."

"You lived there, as well." Zhou Mi held up his hand when Kyuhyun looked like he was about to interrupt again. "Let me finish, please."

"...fine."

"You were there... As a ghost."

"Yeah, right. And I bet you're really a vampire. Try again."

"I'm telling the truth!" Zhou Mi exclaimed. "You punched me in the stomach, only your hand went through me."

Kyuhyun stared at him, then shook his head. "It figures." he said. "You lied about being my fiancé and now you're lying about how we met. Or did we even meet?"

"How can you say that? You've already said that you knew me."

"I'd probably seen you around."

"Have you ever been to China?"

"What?"

"That's where I used to live before I moved here. So, unless you lived in or visited China, there's no way you'd seen me around. Not before the accident, anyways."

Kyuhyun sighed. "So, I'm supposed to believe that I was a ghost? I never died!"

"But you were in a coma."

"So?" Kyuhyun asked. "You know what, never mind. I don't want to hear anything else. Next you'll be telling me that you grow fur and fangs on a full moon."

"But-"

"No! Don't talk to me, Zhou Mi!"

Zhou Mi stared at him. "How did you know my name?"

"I... You told me." Kyuhyun said weakly.

"No, I didn't. So, how did you know my name?"

"I don't know! How do I know that's even your name?"

Zhou Mi reached into his pocket and pulled his ID out. "Here."

Kyuhyun hesitated, then took it. After a minute, he handed it back. "Lucky guess." he growled.

"Maybe. Or I could be telling the truth."

Kyuhyun shook his head. "I don't want to hear it." he said. "I'm leaving."

"But-"

Kyuhyun shook his head again, then turned and left.