16

Haunted

Kyuhyun looked up at his - well, his parents - house. He shoved his hand into his pockets and walked past it, heading towards the park. He turned his head when he heard voices, his eyes widening when he saw a tall redheaded man talking to a shorter brunette, both standing on the porch of his old house. The taller man was the one he'd seen in his memory/vision at the hospital.

Who is he? Kyuhyun thought as he started walking again. He didn't notice when the redhead and his companion followed him into the park.

Kyuhyun started walking around the track in the park, thinking. The nurse had told him that his fiancé was a tall redhead and he'd seen the exact same redhead living in his old house. He was certain he'd never seen the other man before, but for some reason he'd felt like going over and strangling the shorter man with him.

"Zhou Mi! Can you slow down a little?"

Kyuhyun glanced back at the voice just in time to see the redhead stop walking, waiting for his companion. He didn't look back though, just kept looking forward, eyes searching the crowd around Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun quickly faced forward again. He's looking for me! he thought, a strange thrill rushing up his spine. He kept walking forward until he got to the second entrance to the park, quickly walking out, hoping he'd left the other men behind.

****

Kyuhyun sighed, walking through the crowd around the stores. Come on, just let me through.

"Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun resisted the urge to look up. His body tensed up a little, making him certain that the redhead from before had spotted him. Who are you? How do you know me? he thought as he pushed through the people in front of him.

****

Kyuhyun walked into the courtyard, looking around a little. It was cozily lit up, looking almost like a place you could go on dates in, except for the platform and chairs set up in the middle.

 

He looked around and spotted a familiar redhead sitting in a chair near the front. Without thinking, he walked over and sat down in the chair next to him, making a thump as he sat down. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the redhead look at him, then look straight ahead again.

So, you do know me. Kyuhyun thought, resisting the urge to look over at him. He wished he could just come right out and ask who the other man was, how he knew him. He couldn't though. What if he really did know the other man? What if he'd forgotten who was?

He looked up when he heard applause, seeing a line of men and women holding instruments walking onto the platform. Time to go. Kyuhyun got up quickly and walked out of the courtyard.

****

Kyuhyun walked into the store, Petals. It was an interesting name for a store, he thought. Though he wasn't here just to look around. He had a purpose. He'd followed the nameless redhead and a shorter brunette into the store.

Kyuhyun stuck his hand into his pocket, the piece of paper in it. Could he give the note to the redhead?

"K-Kyuhyun?"

He swallowed quickly. He'd been spotted. In one swift movement, he pulled the note out of his pocket and dropped it on the floor, then he turned and left.