Dripping Hair Yet Again

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Narrator’s POV

At first Ha Neul tried to resist. Letting the guy she couldn’t like but still loved kiss her was stupidest thing she could do. She told herself to push him away but she couldn’t. Her body wouldn’t even move an inch.

Then, Jonghyun moved his hand to the nape of her neck burying it in her hair and Ha Neul felt a warm shiver run down her spine. But she remained immobile. Because even though the warning voice in her head was getting smaller and smaller, it was still there.

However, when Jonghyun – understanding her stillness as silent consent – tilted his head and gently nipped at her upper lip a first time and then a second time more fervently, his teeth grazing her lower lip as he did; it shut up that voice completely. Her eyes fluttered close and she melted into his kiss. Her hands let go of the hot spring rim that she had been clutching up to now and instead found their way up Jonghyun’s bare chest. For he too wasn’t wearing more than a simple towel around his waist.

Suddenly, Jonghyun pulled back a little making Ha Neul frown and open in protest. But before she could make a sound, she felt her head being tilted to the other side and once more her lips got captured by his. Moreover, Jonghyun took advantage of her parted lips and sent his tongue out to explore more. By now, Ha Neul’s body felt hot all over; the cooling effect of the winter air all but gone. And although even the dizziness was returning again, she didn’t want to stop. She couldn’t stop.

The way he kissed her… the way his tongue played with hers… the way his hands caressed her skin… It made her dig her nails into his shoulders and yearn for more. And like he’d read her mind, Jonghyun wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to his chest.  The moment their bodies touched, though still separated by a suddenly thin piece of towel, Ha Neul felt like an electric current had passed through her. Everything was tingling and she was quivering. She had never felt like this before… So completely lost in a sensation that her only wish was for it to never stop…

Without thinking she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. How she had longed to feel his warmth again… to smell his scent! She leaned in even more, now answering his kiss with equal passion.

But to balance out the added weight, Jonghyun had to take a step back. Yet, instead of regaining his balance, he slipped, stumbled, and fell backwards into the water taking Ha Neul with him. And for the second time this night, water was splashing everywhere.

When they finally found their footing again, they were both panting and looking at each other intently. They were now both standing on their own two feet but Jonghyun’s arms were still wrapped around Ha Neul’s body protectively and Ha Neul had placed her hands on Jonghyun’s chest for support. The closeness and the tension resulting from it were unbearable.

However, inside Ha Neul, reason and desire were fighting once more. And this time, when she saw Jonghyun’s eyes focusing in on her lips, she turned her head and pushed against his chest.

“I… I think I should get out now…” She said in an unsteady voice and without looking at him.

Only now, Jonghyun let go of her. And again, Ha Neul trembled when she felt his hands her skin as he slowly, like he didn’t want to, retracted his arms. But what she hadn’t bargained on was the sudden pang of coldness and emptiness that his missing embrace left. She had to momentarily close her eyes and take a deep breath to make the almost physical pain fade away. But then she willed her legs to move and waded towards the exit of the hot spring.

 

-------

 

Jonghyun leaned back into the couch and observed Ha Neul closely. They were now in the living room again and Ha Neul was tidying up the already put away toys of the kids, obviously trying her best to busy herself. Finally Jonghyun sighed. “Are you going to avoid me now for the rest of your life because of this one incident?” He asked just loud enough for Ha Neul to hear it.

Ha Neul stopped rearranging the figures in the Playmobil castle and momentarily closed her eyes sighing. He had a point there; she couldn’t just ignore him for forever. But it had been such a welcomed excuse; ignoring him because of what had happened just now…

Her heart still quickened its pace whenever he came close. When he looked at her like he did right now. Her face would heat up and Ha Neul knew, eventually he would find out.

That she liked him.

And that was what she feared the most. Because she knew that it would be the end. The moment he would get to know her feelings for him, she would have to leave his apartment. Ha Neul felt panic creep up inside her just by thinking about it.

That was why she absolutely could not let him find out.

“No, of course not,” she replied and tried to look at him with a smile. But the moment their eyes met she had to look away again, her cheeks blushing.

“And yet you did it again just now…?”

Ha Neul frowned. Somehow she was starting to feel a bit angry. “Yah. I don’t know about you but I just got k-kissed by someone who’s not even my boyfriend! And actually I’ve never had a boyfriend before at all! But now I’m not even allowed to feel embarrassed?!”

“You never had a boyfriend before? Not even a crush?”

Ha Neul rolled her eyes and sighed. How did this guy manage to always pick up the most unrequested topics out of the things she said?! She looked at him from the corner of her eyes and saw him watching her attentively. She already wanted to look away again, when her eyes got stuck on his hair. Wheeling around to him she asked with a frown: “Yah, didn’t you dry your hair? It’s dripping!”

Surprised by her sudden reaction, Jonghyun raised his eyebrows and he gave a short chuckle. “To lazy,” he then stated with a shrug.

“What?” Ha Neul couldn’t believe her ears. Too lazy?! “You’ll get a cold!”

But Jonghyun only waved it aside. “Nah. Not really.”

Ha Neul exhaled dumbfounded before she her heels and walked out of the living room.

“Oy, where are you going?” Jonghyun shouted after her but Ha Neul ignored him. “Ghosty?”

Two minutes later, she was back though, with a towel in her hand.

“Oy, what are you—?“ Jonghyun demanded to know alertly as Ha Neul walked towards him. But she still ignored him. Without a word she knelt down onto the couch next to him, threw the towel over his head, and started drying his hair.

“Yah, Ghosty stop it.” Jonghyun tried to grab her hands but Ha Neul just shook him off.

“Stop resisting!” She commanded and Jonghyun slowly lowered his arms, again surprised. This was the first time he’d seen Ha Neul acting this strictly. But instead of feeling offended he felt his lips twitching into a silly smile.

“Or else you’ll really catch a cold!” Ha Neul continued to reprimand him. “Didn’t your mother teach you to always dry your hair?” The moment that sentence had left though, Ha Neul stopped short. Silently cursing her tactlessness, she carefully moved her head to risk an apprehensive glance on his face. And the moment she saw his dark expression, she wanted to hit herself for hurting him. No matter how much he hated his mother for what she did, she was still his mother. Of course he would also miss her.

Ha Neul let go of the towel and sat back down, lowering her head. “I’m sorry,” she said with sincerity before she looked up to him with a rueful expression.

Jonghyun threw her a glance before he stared ahead again. “Don’t give me that look.”

For several moments Ha Neul just looked at him, thinking. Then she seemed to come to a decision. “Hey… can I ask you something?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer right away. But then he nodded without looking at her. “Sure.”

 

---------------------------------

Hey everyone~

So, here's the next chapter... ^^ Hope you enjoyed it XD
Sorry, I know it's a little short this time but I've been tinkering with these two scenes for quite a while so no that it's done I wanted to post it right away XDD

Also, I'd like to tell you guys that I'll probably be away from AFF again during August because of my exams... >< Really sorry for that!! But I still plan to write another or maybe even two chapters until then! :DD