Final Chapter

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Ha Neul's POV

The last lecture of today had just ended and Hyo Rin and I were heading towards the bus station.

"And? What are you doing this afternoon?" I asked out of habit.

"Err... I'm going to a fan session..."

"...and? You're not trying to get me to accompany you?" I asked surprised. Usually, this was where she would be trying with every method to get me to tag along...

"Um, no... I decided to be an understanding friend for once and since I know you don't really like this stuff..." She studied her shoes before looking up and smiling at me.

"Okay...?" This was unusual but, oh well, I couldn't go anyway. I had to work. So I just gratefully thanked the lord for saving me the trouble of having to say no.

My bus arrived first so I hugged her goodbye and went straight to the SM Building. Because I hadn’t gone to work anymore yesterday after that tiring gossip day at the university my workload for today had doubled. Also, I had missed the only chance this week for asking those Super Junior guys for their devices. I guess I just had to find a time slot in their busy schedule next week...

I was looking through some files concerning an error message from a rendering-software when the door to the office burst open and a lady in killer high-heels, a black mini-skirt, and a white blouse stormed in. Or at least she would have if she wouldn't have been stopped by the mess on the floor... ^^ Thus, she just stood in the doorframe, one hand adjusting her hair around her ear piece and the other flying over her Samsung Galaxy tablet with lightning speed.

I sighed. Great, another of those dolls that came running in panic because their device wasn't playing the songs anymore because they'd forgotten to turn the volume up!

"Anyonghaseyo," I smiled. "How may I help you?"

"Are you Hwang Ha Neul?" She demanded and spared me a short glance before she refocused it on her tablet.

"Yes?"

"Good. Then come with me now." She commanded and her heels, literally! She was almost out of my sight when I called for her to wait.

"Excuse me!" I said loudly. "What for? I might need to take some equipment with me..." Like my laptop for instance…

"No need. We're short of staff for an event and Kwon Soo Jong-ssi said he could afford to lend you to me for this afternoon. So stop dilly-dallying and follow me!"

She stalked off and I quickly grabbed my coat and bag and hurried after her Highness. Upon arriving at the venue and reading the banners the fans were holding I wished though I had asked her for which group's event I was to help out. Then I could have still run away. Now I could only hope my task involved as little interaction with the idol group as possible.

"What am I to do exactly?" I asked Sohee unni anxiously. Despite my first impression of her she turned out to be actually quite nice. She was one of the major coordinators of SMent and constantly busy. That's why she seems so demanding and haughty.

"You'll be responsible for the well-being of the boys. It's actually nothing difficult but still essential. Just make sure they have everything they need. Like fetching them a glass of water etc. Arasso?"

I slumped. Perfect. Simply perfect. *groans* He was going to kill me!

"So, here we are!" Sohee unni said and opened the door. I looked at it pitifully. 'SHINee' was written across it in big letters as if they were out to spite me. I hid behind Sohee unni as we entered their waiting room. But, of course, they spotted me right away.

"Ha Neul!" They exclaimed surprised and walked towards us.

"What are you doing here?" Terrorist Kiddy asked. To everyone else it probably sounded delighted but I didn't miss the irritation in his voice.

"She's your personal staff for this session," unni saved me the trouble of explaining. "I didn't know you guys already knew each other... But I guess that's a good thing? I've still got some other things to take care of, so I'll be going now. See ya!" She excused herself and left.

"You're our personal staff for today?" Key said excitedly. "What luck!"

"I guess?" I smiled at him; at least someone was happy to see me! I pointedly turned my back on Terrorist Kiddy. Hmpf!

But then I remembered last night and I got worried again. Was he alright? To answer my question, I secretly observed him during the remaining hour. He seemed normal; joking around with Key and talking like a book. And when their manager said it was time, I really thought he was fine.

But as we walked through the corridors with me and Terrorist Kiddy behind everyone else and I took a furtive side glance at him I realised he wasn't fine at all. Probably thinking that no one could see him he'd lowered his guard a little and I recognised the despair in his eyes. Well, I guess it would have been strange if he was already alright again...? I bit my lip feeling that squeeze in my chest again.

We then arrived at the hall and I sat down onto my chair in the corner. I really wanted to cover my ears from the fangirl screams but then I wouldn't be able to hear their requests anymore either... Tsk!

They introduced themselves, like anyone in here didn't know who they were...! I had probably been the only one at the last session who hadn't known at least each of their personal records by heart! =.=

Remembering the event that started all this mess I couldn’t help but be astonished by the randomness of it all. Had I just not attended the fan session that day or had pointed at another member than Terrorist Kiddy’s, things would be completely different now. I’d probably be living in a rundown but nice little room because I’d have never recognised the guy who I’d bumped into at university. I wouldn’t know about his girl troubles and he most certainly wouldn’t be shooting side glances with killing intent at me right now.

But it was alright, things had turned out this way now. And besides, it couldn't get worse anymore anyway.

I thought. And this is my genuine advice to you: Don't ever, EVER think that! Because then fate has the urge to prove you wrong! T.T

At one point, Onew really ran out of water and he asked me to get him a new bottle. I did and placed it in front of him with a smile. "Here you go."

"Thanks!" He turned his head to smile back at me.

"Ha Neul?" Just then, a female voice I knew very well asked in disbelieve. "What are you doing here???"

Slowly lifting my head and straightening up I was confronted by an astonished Hyo Rin. She had been getting her autograph from the Terrorist Kiddy who sat right beside Onew. Crap…!

But... wait... what happened to her punishment from our One-Week-Deal? "What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to ban SHINee out of your head for two weeks?" I countered raising my eyebrows at her.

She opened to defend herself but realising that she couldn't really say anything she closed it again and frowned.

"Who's that?" Key then asked and nudged me. "Your friend?"

I nodded with a smile and Hyo Rin's eyes widened at our interaction. Before she could say anything though another staff came walking up to us saying we had to continue and Hyo Rin was forced to go back into the crowd. But before she was ushered away she pointed her finger at me and then at herself. "You. I. Talk!" She mouthed. Yep, I was so screwed; she was going to squeeze me out like a ripe lemon until I’d spilled every little detail!

The rest of the session passed without problems and before I knew it we were on our way back to the waiting room. I was conveniently shutting Hyo Rin out of my thoughts.

"Urgh, next is another stupid sports competition!" Key whined. "Those tricots always make me want to cry!"

"Aww, come on, hyung!" Minho sniggered. "You know perfectly well that the purpose of those competitions isn't to make us look fashionable..."

"Yes, I know! That's why I'm complaining!"

"Yah, you're such a girl!" Terrorist Kiddy laughed and I was left stupefied again. How on earth did he manage to act this happy and carefree when I knew he was not??? Also, during the whole fan session he kept smiling at every girl (and boy, and yes, I was stunned to know they had even male fans!) like there was nothing wrong! Just how did he do that? If it were me, I'd hide in my room under my blanket for days and refuse to meet anyone... Don't even talk about joking around like he was right now...

I guess my confusion and worry must have been written all over my face again (=.=) for Onew asked me whether something was wrong.

"Are you worried about your friend's reaction?" Key guessed.

...

Yes… What on earth am I going to tell Hyo Rin?!

"Ah, no," I hurriedly answered though. There was no reason to get even more people involved. "I'll just have to remember to protect my poor ears from her deafening fangirling scream once I tell her I work at SMent... Be prepared to see her often from now on. She always manages to coerce me and she’ll surely beg me to bring her along to work now..." I added sombrely.

"Really? She seems to be quite a personality... Is she pretty?" That was a typical Terrorist Kiddy comment. Tsk.

"I guess... But don't you dare flirt with her! I'm not having my best friend's heart broken by some cocky idol like you!" I warned him. He might have girl problems but that still didn't give him the right to play Hyo Rin!

"Why do you care? I think she'd probably faint from the delight," he said nonchalantly. He couldn't get more conceited, could he?!

"Still no!" I hissed and glared at him. After all, I would be the one to console her when he'd be through with her! And he was dreaming about another girl for God's sake! Why would I let him flirt with my best friend?!

"Err, why don't you bring her in right now?" Key then suggested to break the sudden tension. I snapped my head in his direction and looked at him incredulously. Was he serious?! "Um, you sure? I mean, she'll probably faint and shriek and pounce on you all at once!"

But he just shrugged.

"I'm fine with it too,"Onew agreed and I was starting to wonder if they had some mental issues. "It looks like you really worry a lot about her..."

Minho and Taemin were putting their thumbs up and nodding too. Thus, the only one that had yet to approve was Terrorist Kiddy. "What about you? You're her current bias, just so you know..."

"'Current'?" He raised an eyebrow.

"She changes them about every week..." I explained. "Before you it was Key oppa..."

He clicked his tongue. "Chowa, do whatever you want..."

I guess I had to go and get her now, eh...?

She was waiting outside the staff entrance fiercely discussing something with the security guy. Well, it wasn't hard to guess about what... ^^ Once she saw me she immediately pointed towards me making wild gestures. I hurriedly went over to them apologised to the guy for the trouble she had caused and dragged her away. Once we were at a somewhat quiet place I stopped and turned around to her.

"Man, Rin! Couldn't you have waited quietly until I came instead of making a scene?!" I huffed.

"You're... in no position... to make requests!" She was a little out of breath because my pace had been too fast for her to walk comfortably with the heels she was wearing. "You owe me an explanation!"

I sighed. "Remember my part-time job I told you about? About me assisting my uncle?" She nodded. Now, everyone in a twelve kilometre radius, please protect your ears! "Well, he works for SMent..."

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!"

I pressed my hands on my ears and pretended I didn't know the spazzing girl beside me.

"So, you're part-timing at SM?! OMG, that's SO AWESOME!! Have you already seen many idols? You have to tell me EVERYTHING!!! Why didn't you tell me sooner??!!!" She was shaking my arm like mad and I feared it might fall of soon. There was only one way to save it.

"Um, Hyo Rin? SHINee asked me to bring you to their waiting ro--"

"WHAAAT???!!!" She exclaimed. "What are we still standing around here for then?! Let's go!!" She started sprinting down the hallway and I just barely managed to grab her arm.

"Err, that way..." I stopped her and pointed into the other direction.

Seconds later we stood in front of the door to SHINee's waiting room trying to catch our breaths. Damn Hyo Rin and her athletic body! How could anyone run so fast in such heels?!

"Don't embarrass me, arasso?" I warned her. My futile attempt to save me the embarrassment, I know. =.= I opened the door.

"I'm back." I announced us. They all looked up from what they were doing and their eyes widened, stunned. Onew oppa discretely shut Key's mouth because it was hanging wide open. I sighed. There went my self-esteem again. Wherever Hyo Rin went, this was the reaction she always got. Boys just couldn't seem to help themselves but drop their jaws at her sight. She was a beauty.

She never played on it though and I knew she always worried about me disappearing in her shadow. That's why she kept trying to get me to attend those parties. But it didn't change the fact that I'd always be known as 'Hyo Rin's friend' in the eye of the public...

"Noona nemeun yeppo~ ♫♪♫" The maknae then started singing and I felt Rin's grasp on my hand tightening. She was trying to hold the fangirl in her in check.

"Guys, this is Park Hyo Rin. Hyo Rin these are... well, I guess you know." I introduced them awkwardly.

"Hi!" "Hey, how are you?" "Anyong~~!" Yup, that was Taeminnie. "Nice meeting you!" "Hi, gorgeous!" And yep, that was Terrorist Kiddy! I glared at him. How dare he ignore my warning!

"OMG! He called me gorgeous! Did you hear?! He called me GORGEOUS!!" Rin hysterically whispered into my ear. I sighed. This was exactly what I'd wanted to avoid!

"And he's a playboy!" I whispered back. "He'll say that to anyone!"

“And I don’t care! He called me GORGEOUS!! I can die happily now!”

“I heard I am your bias…” Terrorist Kiddy continued still smiling at her. “I’m honoured!”

That a*s! How dare he?!! When I’ve just told him NOT to flirt with her!!!

“Kim Jonghyun!” I hissed through gritted teeth. “Didn’t I just tell you NOT to flirt with my best friend?!”

He turned his head to me extra slowly, like he wanted to say that I wasn’t worth the attention! I swear he’s going to have his head ripped off someday!! “And I also told you that she’d probably like it,” he gloated. He tilted his head to the left and pulled one corner of his lips up into a taunting smirk. “So why shouldn’t I do her the favour, huh?”

Why?!! WHY??!!! Did he even have to ask?! Wasn’t his behaviour last night reason enough?!!! “Because I won’t let you break my best friend’s heart!” I yelled. “Damit! You already HAVE a freaking—“ My eyes widened and I gasped.

…girlfriend.

I’d wanted to say. But there was no way for me to know about his girl problems if it weren’t for us staying at the same apartment. Dear lord, I’d almost given us away! Moreover, it wouldn’t have been very nice to play on his weakness like that.

I stared at him, my mouth agape, while I frantically tried to come up with a solution to cover my slip of tongue. “A… A horde of fangirls tailing you!” I finally managed. And to make up for the lacking conviction of this argument I glared at him. I’ll be the queen of glaring with all the practice I get lately!

“Wow, you really do care a lot about her, huh?” Onew stated amazed.

“Hm-mm, like a mother, neh?” Hyo Rin nudged me gently still unsure about my sudden outburst. She must have been quite surprised. I wasn’t normally like this; I raise my voice very rarely. But this Terrorist Kiddy just seemed to have a knack for getting on my nerves.

“What mother!” I defended only half serious. I was a little overprotective of her after all… But not without reason! “She always gets tricked by those guys who are only after her looks!” I threw Terrorist Kiddy an accusing glare. Like you!

“Says the girl who got tricked into signing a contract…”

My eyes widened. She didn’t just say that, right?

“She got tricked into signing a contract? With whom? And what for?” Onew asked worriedly. Damn, this was nothing to worry about! Really! So stop digging around! I’m already gonna get killed as it is! T.T

But of course, they didn’t listen to my silent pleas. “I don’t know! She says she can’t tell!” Hyo Rin exclaimed and threw her hands in the air. “But the same person drove her to university yesterday morning!”

I closed my eyes. I’m dead meat. I secretly sneaked a glance at him and, yes, he was fuming. Steam would come out of his ears and nose any second now! Hu-hu-hu, maybe I should sleep on the streets tonight?

“Chincha?” Someone said. Probably Key or Minho? I was too busy drowning in my misery to care.

“Yes! And in a really expensive car! Omo, it wouldn’t have been one of you guys, oh?”

Rinnnnnnnn! What are you DOING?!? Are you really trying to get me killed?!? If you didn’t want me as your friend anymore you should have just told me! I could have gone jump over a cliff or something! But don’t do THIS to me!!

They all denied it, even Terrorist Kiddy, obviously.

“Hmmm, do you know what brand it was?” Minho asked. “Then Jonghyun could tell you, if someone in our company owns such a car… He’s the automobile freak among us you know?” He casually slung his arm around Terrorist Kiddy’s shoulders, for once completely unaware of the latter’s mood.

But, thank God, Hyo Rin cared about cars about as much as I did. “Um, a black car with tinted windows…?” She replied sheepishly and I could hear Terrorist Kiddy exhale loudly. If out of relieve, irritation, or amusement, I didn’t know. I didn’t dare to look at him anymore…

“Haaa, this won’t do, I’m sorry,” Minho said disappointed.

“It’s alright,” Hyo Rin tried to cheer him up. “She promised to tell me in a week anyway!”

My head snapped up to look at her horrified. Couldn’t she shut up already?! Wasn’t she my friend and thus supposed to support ME??!

“She promised to tell you in a week?” Terrorist Kiddy spoke up for the first time. His voice was dangerously calm… And Hyo Rin nodded merrily. “Yep! Because she, apparently, needs this long to get that person’s permission!”

Okay, guys. This story ends here. Because this is where I get brutally murdered by a certain terrorist and since I want to spare you the bloody details I’ll say my goodbyes now. So yeah, see ya ‘round? (Or probably not because I’ll be busy playing the harp for this 2012 years old baby… =.=)

 

------------------------

Hey, guys! Double update!! I'm feeling creative... Well actually, I just don't want to do my homework, eheh ^^

Did the title give you a slight scare? ^^ Mianhae, it was just itching me to write it, haha... But of course, the story's not finished yet!! ((((Next chapter is gonna be bonding time...))))

Please subscribe/comment! >3