Not Kang Jonghyun

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Narrator’s POV

When they stepped onto the University campus it was Jonghyun who had an amused grin stretched across his face and Ha Neul who was sulking. Dad?! Jonghyun had thought scandalised. DAD?!!! He was beautifully young 22 years old right now!! Who was that woman to associate him to that alien species known as fathers?!!! (Although he definitely wanted to have kids someday, but that was beside the point!)

That’s why he saw a chance for revenge when Ha Neul shyly asked him to let her out before they entered that particular (run down) parking lot. He had smiled wickedly and had completely ignored her request.

Well, let’s just say, Ha Neul did not walk out of there on her own… And if Jonghyun was ever going to tell anyone about this stupid parking lot, she was going to die from the embarrassment…!

Ha Neul threw him one last crushing glare and stalked off towards her lecture hall thinking that Jonghyun would do the same. Like he’d always done before.

But he didn’t. Instead, he followed her all the way to her lecture hall. They were turning heads here and there but Jonghyun acted as if he didn’t notice while Ha Neul lowered her head in embarrassment. Damn, she was so going to kill him tonight!

 

------

“So, where is he??” Hyo Rin looked at Ha Neul with shining eyes.

“Yes, I already started with the new exercise sheet. You?”

“Is he also studying Computer Science??” Hyo Rin scanned the lecture hall hopefully.

“I agree. The questions asked are so useless!”

Hyo Rin sighed frustrated. “Ha Neuuuulll~!! You can’t do this to me! You can’t throw something like that me and not explain any further!! I’m dying here, you know?!! Is SHINee’s Kim Jongh—”

“Shhhhh!!” Ha Neul immediately cut her off and hastily looked around to check whether someone had heard. But it was break time and everyone was chatting so Ha Neul hoped that no one had heard. Or else a certain Alien Terrorist would really have her head this time…! T.T

Unnoticed to the two girls, a veeeery nerdy looking guy was creeping up to them and suddenly wrapped his arms around their shoulders. “And what are two lovely ladies like you discussing so seriously?”

While Hyo Rin jumped away with fright and then disgust once she recognised Kang Jonghyun, Ha Neul closed her eyes and pressed her hand on her chest to calm her heart before she glared at Jonghyun. “Seriously! Are you trying to kill me?! I just was THIS close from having a heart attack!! Besides, what are you doing here?! Since when are you in this course?!!”

“Woah, calm your horses, will ya?” Jonghyun raised his hands in defence. But then a teasing grin crawled onto his lips. “I’m just making sure you’re not saying unnecessary stuff again…!”

“Well, F.Y.I.! It was due to YOU missing to tell me about it that I spilt it!!” Ha Neul had now fully turned around to Jonghyun and the two were glaring at each other while Hyo Rin was looking back and forth between the two with shocked amazement.

“Um, excuse me?” Hyo Rin finally broke their glaring competition. “Ha Neul, since when are you so close with Kang Jonghyun?”

But before Ha Neul could even answer, Jonghyun had turned to Hyo Rin and pulled down his huge glasses. “Because technically Kang Jonghyun does not exist…?” He smiled and winked at her.

...

“KYAA—“ Luckily, Hyo Rin’s squeal was suffocated by Ha Neul’s hands just in time.

Not taking her hands off of Hyo Rin’s mouth, Ha Neul turned to Jonghyun again. “Well, now that she knows, you can go back to your own lecture again,” she said pertly and nodded towards the doors. “Shoooo!”

“’Shoo’?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at her. “Am I a dog or something?”

“I said shooo!!” Ha Neul gave him a stern glare.

“Yahh!”

Meanwhile, Hyo Rin was bringing the puzzle pieces together in her mind. So, that day, Ha Neul had actually been pinned to the ground by Kim Jonghyun? Now, she knew why Ha Neul hadn’t felt disgusted! Omg, pushed down by SHINee’s Bling Blinb Jonghyun!! Kyaaaaa!! That lucky girl!!

And then, there was also that eating-lunch-together-incident. Hyo Rin had heard some of the students say that the two had even fed each other! Really, now? They were this close?!

Doubtfully, Hyo Rin stared at the two who were still bickering around like kids. Although, when given a closer look… Ha Neul actually seemed to be enjoying it…! Hyo Rin furrowed her brow. Thinking about it, there was also the thing about him dropping her off here once… And that Ha Neul brought him to Café Maman and told him about her hated sentence! Really, since when did they get this close…?? If she remembered correctly Ha Neul had more than clearly stated her dislike for this very person after a certain autograph session…!

Then suddenly, another thought crossed her mind. “Hey, Ha Neul,” she interrupted Jonghyun and Ha Neul’s word fight. “Do you remember that day you got a call that made you miss your favourite lecture? Was that him as well?”

A smug grin appeared on Jonghyun’s face. “I made you miss your favourite lecture…?”

Ha Neul threw him a sour glare. “What’s with the happy grin?! You still owe me for that episode, you know!”

No way! Hyo Rin thought. It really was him?!! She looked at the two with wide eyes. “You have a nickname for him?! I remember your cell phone saying something like ‘Terrorist Kid’…?!”

“Whaat?! I’m still saved as ‘Terrorist Kiddy’?!” Jonghyun exclaimed with incredulity.

“What! You seriously wanted me to change it back to ‘Super handsome Bling Bling Jonghyun’ or something?!” Ha Neul replied nonchalantly.

“Well, it’s definitely not as discriminating…!”

“Yeah. But just slightly narcissistic instead…”

“Excuse me?!!”

Speechless, Hyo Rin’s darted her eyes back and forth between Ha Neul and Jonghyun. This was the first time in YEARS that she saw Ha Neul interact this naturally with a guy that was not her brother or one of his friends! Was the world ending or something?!

 

-------

It was lunch break by now and the tree were sitting in the cafeteria and attracting glances like peacocks in a zoo. The beauty, the genius, and the nerd; what a queer combination! Most of the students couldn’t help but think.

This state had actually been lasting for the whole morning already. Because no matter what tactics and tricks Ha Neul tried to get rid of Jonghyun, he would always return to her side without fail like boomerang. And Ha Neul had really given her best; in fact, Hyo Rin doubted that Ha Neul had even picked up on a single thing the professor had said because she’d been bickering with Jonghyun the whole time…! Right now, they seemed to be arguing about the food.

“Will you stop picking out the eggs already?! They’re the best part!” Ha Neul was just scolding Jonghyun. “Seriously, it makes me want to cry! Such a waste!”

But Jonghyu just shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I don’t want them…! Do you even know how they’re manufr-Ouch! Will you stop kicking my shin?!”

“Then you stop acting like a kid!” Ha Neul shot back. “Terrorist Kiddy.” And she grinned.

“You…!” Jonghyun started but then changed his mind. “Fine then! Here you go!” He took his plate and shoved all his eggs into Ha Neul’s plate.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” Ha Neul grimaced. “Don’t give me your garbage!”

“What garbage!” Jonghyun grinned innocently but Ha Neul didn’t miss the impish sparkle in his eyes. “You yourself said just seconds ago that they are the best part…”

Ha Neul’s eyes clearly told him to go and die right then and there. “Why, thank you…!"

“Anytime,” Jonghyun replied in his best gentleman manner and flashed one of his breath-taking smiles.

“H-hmpf!” Ha Neul tried to act miffed but she had to avert her eyes. Curse it! Just who had he saved in his previous life to be rewarded with such a lethal weapon as this smile?! Ha Neul could already picture her autopsy report: Died from heart failure caused by a too dazzling smile.

Or maybe she was actually the only one who felt that way, she suddenly thought. (A/N: Aw, come one… Stop pulling lame jokes…! This is Kim Jonghyun’s smile we’re talking about here!! -__- Look at this:

 

And now, name me a girl who doesn’t think that this could be a lethal weapon…! XDD)

Ha Neul glanced at Hyo Rin. Nope, she definitely wasn’t the only one. There was one right here showing serious symptoms of an approaching heart failure: Eyes wide and sparkly and the mouth slightly agape with drool threatening to flow out any second.

Ha Neul rolled her eyes and gave Hyo Rin a nudge. The latter blinked like she’d just woken up from hypnosis (dangerous weapon, I told you!) and looked around. “Sorry, what did you say?”

“Nothing,” Ha Neul sighed and added in a lower voice. “Just trying to save my best friends life…!”

Hearing a strange sound coming from Jonghyun’s direction, Ha Neul looked up again. And found Jonghyun desperately trying to refrain from laughing.

No… Wait… She hadn’t said that all out loud, right? She looked at Jonghyun pleadingly. But the way his eyes were glinting with mischief let her close her eyes in embarrassment. She turned to Hyo Rin and rested her forehead on her shoulder.

“Riiiiin~! Why-oh-why do I have this stupid habit of saying my thoughts out loud without wanting to? Huh?” She whined into the once again surprised Hyo Rin’s shoulder. “I keep spilling confidential information to him!” She accusingly pointed at Jonghyun. “At this rate he’s going to know all my secrets!! You’ve got to help me, Hyo Rin!” Ha Neul lifted her head from her Hyo Rin’s shoulder and looked up to her hopefully.

But Hyo Rin just looked over to Jonghyun with astonishment written all over her face as well as a tinge of curiosity.

“Drastic mood change, huh?”  He remarked matter-of-factly and nodded at Ha Neul.

“Y-yeah…” Hyo Rin stuttered and glanced down at her best friend. Ha Neul was acting spoiled… Hyo Rin couldn’t believe it. THAT Ha Neul was acting SPOILED! The last time she’d done that had been even before Hyo Rin’s family had moved away! Since then, Hyo Rin hadn never seen it again. Not once!

And now, here Ha Neul was showing just that one expression. Because of Kim Jonghyun.

Moreover… Her habit of speaking her thoughts out loud appeared in front of him. A habit Ha Neul only showed with people she trusted and felt comfortable with!

Suddenly, a thought crossed Hyo Rin’s mind. That Ha Neul… she couldn’t possibly have…? With Jonghyun…? And the way he reacted to her…! No way…

“You guy’s wouldn’t be dating, would you?”

“Cough! Um, excuse me… but didn’t I already answer that question?” Jonghyun replied a little shocked by the suddenness of the question. Hyo Rin could have sworn though that there was just slight blush on his cheeks…!

“What! Of course not!!” Ha Neul denied it vehemently at the same time. But she kept her eyes fixed on the ground…

Hyo Rin eyed her best friend stupefied. No way… Could it really be that this smart girl… when it came to the matters of the heart… was incredibly slow and clueless??!

 

-----------------------------

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry, I said now I'd be back and what did I do? Left you guys waiting for almost another two weeks!! >< (I could reason that I just have too many things to do for school right now but that's actually just the result of me not doin my homework during the break (and watching dramas instead ^.^) So it's actually still my fault... So, sorry again!
Thus, because I'm already late with my update, I figured that you'd probably prefer that I upload the next chapter first before I answer your comments... ^^ But I've read them all and, well thank you! *^^* I really love reading them!!! XDD