Dinner Conversation

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Ha Neul’s POV

I was wandering around some market without really looking at the stands. My mind was busy thinking about what I had just heard at the café. After the nightmare Terrorist Kiddy hadn’t said much anymore and I had just concluded that his parents must have divorced. But how that made him lose his trust in women, I still didn’t know. Of course, having your parents get a divorce must be hard. But he wasn’t the only one; there were countless other boys who had divorced parents too. And they were still able to trust girls. So there must have been something else.

I was now walking past a stand selling little present things (You know, like Diddle, Sheepworld, Snoopy…) and one item caught my attention. It was one of those ‘friendship books’. (On every page there is a small form asking for name, favourite colour, hobbies, birthday, and so on. You give that book to your friends and each of them fills out a page.) In my first grade of junior high everyone had one of those…

Anyway. Once I saw those books Terrorist Kiddy’s voice replayed in my head. “Do they approach me because they genuinely like me?! No, of course not! When they don’t even know the real me! The sole reason why they want to get close to me is because of my status! They don’t like me; they like my fame and money!”

I stopped walking and stared at the books. Being an idol wasn’t all sweets and sugar either, huh…? Having to smile all the time even if you feel like crying or throwing a fit… Not being able to show his real self… Didn’t he ever get tired of it? Of having to act according to the image others had of him? Instead of what his real character was like?

Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind. I pick up one of the books and leafed through it. But no, this wasn’t quite what I needed. I guess I would need to write it myself…

“Miss, do you wish to purchase that?” The stand’s lady asked.

“Ah, no. I’m sorry!” I hastily put the book back and went straight back to Terrorist Kiddy’s apartment.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Practice hadn’t been really productive today. Thanks to my little chat with Ghosty it took me forever to focus on the steps and the singing. And even though we decided to call it a day earlier than usual I still felt totally beat at the end.

When I returned home, Ghosty was sitting on the couch and working on her laptop. (After the little incident with her oppa I had returned everything I'd had confiscated…) But I was too tired to ask what exactly and just went to prepare dinner.

Once I was done I shouted for Ghosty to come and eat.

“Just a moment! I’m almost done!” She shouted back.

Okay, that was new. The past few days she’d always come running at the mention of food like a starved animal…

After five minutes she did come running though. ^^ She sat down and placed the sheets she’d been holding onto the table.

“What’s that?” I asked and eyed it curiously.

“I ell u a’er!”

Told you; starved animal…! =.=

After she’d eaten half of the dishes I knew it was now safe to ask once more. “So? What’s that?”

“Erm… well, after today, I gave it some thought and…” She refilled her rice bowl. “And I realised that we know pretty much nothing about each other… So I came up with this…” She handed me the sheets.

It read:

Personal Information Form

Name: Kim Jonghyun

Gender: male

Birthdate: _______________

Profession: Singer, ________________

Mother: _________________ Profession: ___________________

Father: ________________ Profession: ____________________

Siblings: ____________________

Education: ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Three adjectives to describe my personality: ___________________________

Hobbies: _______________________________________

Favourite song: ____________________

Favourite picture: ____________________

Person I look up to: _______________________

Favourite place to be: ___________________________

Favourite holiday destination: ________________________

Favourite food: ______________________

Allergies: _________________________

Favourite colour: ________________

Favourite animal: _______________________

What I like the most: _____________________

What I hate the most: ______________________

Strength: __________________

Weakness: _________________

I’m scared of: _________________________

Ways to tick me off: ______________________

Things that cheer me up: ______________________

Must-follow rules to live with me: _____________________________________________________________________________

Thing I treasure the most: ______________________________

“I’m glad you got my gender right but what exactly do you want me to do with this? You’re not actually expecting me to fill this out, are you?”

“Actually, I am. Eheh…” She played with her hair. “You see—“

“Andwae.” I put the sheets down and looked away. Like hell I’m gonna fill that out! Weakness?! Ways to tick me off?! Does she think I’m stupid?!!

“Why not? I’ll be filling it out too, you know…”

Yeah right. “What’s your reason for doing this?” I asked sceptically.

“Well, to be honest—“

“Yes, please be honest,” I muttered.

She gave me a look. “To be honest, I was thinking about what you’d said earlier. About how women don’t know the real you. And—“

“And so you decided to have me fill out a form and upload it on Facebook later?”

“Would you stop interrupting me?!” She snapped. “And no, that’s not it! I’m simply trying to get to know you better! Is that so hard to believe?! I figured that since I’m freeloading at your apartment that was the least I could do! Because it probably is one of the few places where you don’t have to put up a front! Where you can relax and be yourself! So I just wanted to know how I can respect that! But if you don’t want to, fine!”

She snatched the sheets and tried to rip them but I stopped her by grabbing her hands. “Don’t.”

She looked at me questioningly and I sighed. “Give it to me. I’ll fill it out…”

Her eyes widened.

“What?” I asked. “Isn’t that what you want?”

“Ye… But I had my doubts that you would actually do it…”

“Pffft! But you throw such a fit…” I stood up to get a pen. And also to hide the smile that was threatening to spread across my face…

When I sat down again and was about to start filling it out I asked Ghosty where her form was. She put the chopsticks down and conjured some more sheets from somewhere. “Here.”

“Aren’t you filling them out too?”

“Already have. On the computer. Computer Science student, remember?” She smirked and continued eating. I rolled my eyes.

As soon as I was finished I held the sheets out to her. “Done. Now let’s exchange.”

I took hers and she took mine and we started reading.

Name: Hwang Ha Neul

Gender: female

Birthdate: 24. September, 1991

Oh, so she’s just one year younger than me?

Profession: student

Mother: Hwang Soo Jung Profession: housewife

Father: Hwang Jinho Profession: company worker

Siblings: Hwang Woohyun (oppa)

Education: currently studying Computer science at Seoul University

Three adjectives to describe my personality: clumsy, shy, honest

Well, at least she knows herself that her motoric abilities are disastrous…!

Hobbies: reading, doodling, taking pictures, watching dramas, listening to music

Favourite song: Sherlock (at the moment)

Huh? “You’re favourite song is Sherlock?” I asked surprised. “I could have sworn you’d never listen to any song I’ve contributed to...”

“Well, I came across that song before I met you…” She replied pertly and frowned. “But that doesn’t mean I’ve changed my view of you in any way!”

Still, I felt strangely elated by the fact that one of our songs was her favourite. I hurried to continue reading.

Favourite picture: Wassily Kandinsky’s Composition VIII

Person I look up to: my grandmother

Favourite place to be: somewhere spacious (like the beach or on a hill)

“You’re allergic to shrimps? Like Hwang Tae-Kyung in You’re Beautiful?” She then interrupted me.

I looked up. “Yup. You really do like watching those dramas, huh?”

“Of course! I filled this out truthfully! So you better not play on my weakness or what I’m scared of!”

I glanced over the sheets looking for the weakness but only got till the next line.

Favourite holiday destination: none

“You have no favourite holiday destination?” She couldn’t write that and not expect me to be puzzled…

But she just gave me a short-spoken “No” and didn’t even look up.

I frowned. “But—“

“I just don’t, okay?” She snapped.

Okay…? Seems like I stepped on a landmine of hers… So I shrugged and continued reading.

Favourite food: Sushi

Allergies: some special jellyfish species

Favourite animal: cat

What I like the most: watching a good drama with Shil Hye on my lap and a cup of tea in my hand

What I hate the most: unsolved conflicts

Strength: convincing people

Pfshh, more like blackmailing…! Oh, here is the weakness she was talking about…

Weakness: according to Hyo Rin (I never remember), I do everything what people tell me, when I’m drunk. And I even go around asking for tasks to do.

My eyes widened. She what?! Oh God! Well, that at least explains why Key kept singing petty little songs about a couple made in booze heaven whenever he saw me after that night…! Wait… did that mean…? “Regarding your weakness… Do you follow every every order?!” I asked dreading the answer. Please let her say no!!

But to my horror she nodded embarrassedly and hung her head low. “So please just forget anything I did that night, oh?”

I snorted. If that’s all she worried about… “No problem, I don’t remember anyway…”

“Ehh? Why not?”

“Because I drank some alcohol too that night…” I was regretting it now. And I knew now too why they’d said they could do without a lead singer the next morning… T.T

“Oh, you did? But don’t you have a weird drinking habit and thus don’t usually drink? Although I’m in no place to call anyone’s drinking habit weird…” She added with self-pity.

“Yes! I start ordering people around and the more I drink the more ridiculous and embarrassing those commands become!” I exclaimed. Aaaand, there went another secret of mine… Damn, even though I seemed to trust her somehow, wasn’t this going too far?! But she wouldn’t give me the time to contemplate about it.

“Oh boy. Did the others say something the next day?” She asked miserably. “Do you think I they’ll ever talk to me again?”

“They already did, right?”

“I know, I was just saying! Ghhadd, I’m so embarrassed! Why did you have to drink too?!” She accused in a whiny tone. “I’m already embarrassing enough when drunk alone! Although I can’t remember a thing…”

Well, excuse me?! It wasn’t like she was completely innocent either! “Well, I’m sorry! But if it hadn’t been for you I wouldn’t have drunken that glass either!” I flared up. “If you hadn’t ki—“

Did she say she can’t remember? Then…?

"Err… then, until when do you remember?" I probed trying to figure out whether she also couldn’t recall the... err... you know what!

"Only up to the part where I drank from an oversized glass..." She replied thoughtfully. "Though, there must be something wrong with that memory, there is no way such a large glass exists! At least not at your apartment."

I just focused back on the sheets in my hand like there existed nothing more interesting in the world. God, I was going to anything to keep her believing in the oversized-glass-theory for the rest of her life!

“Back to the sheets; couldn’t you have been a little more imaginative than simply writing that you love doing music?!” She changed the topic. Phew! “Like for example what you like the most…?”

I thought for a second. “Well, I also like playing pranks…”

“No doubt about that!”

“Don’t like my jokes?” I asked innocently.

“That’s not considered a joke anymore! My oppa is going to fry my once he gets here! Because of your so called ‘prank’!”

“I’m sure he won’t. After all, as your strength you wrote… how did you put it again?” I skimmed through the sheets. “Ah yes, here… ‘convincing people’!” I grinned at her. “So just convince your dear oppa that he misunderstood or something.”

“Exactly! I wrote ‘convincing people’! And not ‘lying convincingly to people’!” She was fuming. And I had to admit that compared to the flustered Ghosty, the fuming one wasn’t too bad either…

 

---------------------------

Hey, everyone! :DD

Phew! This chapter took me forever to write! I keept searching the internet for facts about Jonghyun because of the stupid form -.- (Somewhere, I read that the person he respects the most is his mother... Really, stupid story line... T.T)