That Meadow...

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Hyo Rin’s POV

“Do you think they are alright?” Minho asked with a worried expression on his face and Key nodded his head in agreement. “Yeah, what if he got recognised again? After all it was him they recognised earlier too…!”

I just smiled. Nahh, I don’t think that is what happened… kekeke

“I don’t think you need to worry,” I thus reassured them and looked at Onew. “Right, leadar?”

I had noticed earlier, that he, too, probably had a hunch that there was some chemistry going on between the two. Seriously, it was so obvious it was a mystery how no one else had noticed it!

I mean she had just shouted the very sentence only a few hours ago! And in front of rolling cameras, I might add!! Although I suspected that there was something more behind that sudden outburst of hers (I definitely needed to talk to her about that again...!), but the fact that that attention-shy girl went that far for him was already proof enough!

And earlier in the restroom too...

--- FLASCHBACK ---

I was just going to go to the toilet real quick so that Taemin and I could continue our break-the-record-of-maximum-rides-per-day-challenge as soon as possible. But then I saw a very familiar furry jacket turning on her heels the moment she saw me...

At first I thought she was going to prank me and jump at me trying to scare the hell out of me. But when I had exited the restrooms and she still wasn't showing herself, I started getting suspicious. And I was right. I had barely had enough time to hide behind a potted plant when my dear best friend already came running out the door. But instead of searching for me she dashed straight to a small wall that was about ten metres away and halted in front of a guy I hadn't noticed before. And guess who that guy turned out to be after I looked at him a little closer? Exactly! It was none other than one of this country's finest treasures, Bling Bling Jonghyun!

So my dear little friend didn't hide herself from me because she wanted to scare me but because she didn't want me to see her?!

However, the best was yet to come! The way they were bickering all the time I had expected Jonghyun to give some dry comment that would make Ha Neul show a sulking face. But definitely not had I ever even IMAGINED that Jonghyun would take Ha Neul's hand or that my boy-shy BFF would actually let him!!! But here they were, holding hands like it was the most natural thing and smiling at each other so brightly it hurt the eyes!! My fangirl soul was dying of jealousy!

But, of course, my heart was screaming giddily for Ha Neul!!! Gosh, that lucky girl!! Kyaaa~ And, oh my God! Now they're even swinging their hands back and forth like some totally lovely-dovey couple?! Ha Neulllllll~~!!!! Since when have you stopped telling me about such exciting developments?!!

I was just about to dash to the next potted plant as these two lovebirds had started walking away when the whole thing went up another notch. Being Ha Neul, that klutz tripped over her own two feet and I was already covering my face with my hands when I saw through my fingers that shielding my eyes from her clumsiness wasn't even necessary. Because a certain insanely handsome guy had caught her just fine! And at her waist no less!! They could have filmed a movie, I tell you!

And the way he looked at her when he put her back on her feet ever so carefully! Kyaaaaaa~!!! I want this in a movie! I so want this recorded!!

Seriously, I was dying to know what they were talking about! From their facial expressions I guessed that Jonghyun was probably teasing Ha Neul but how could I be satisfied with just that?! So I decided to move my secret base to a statue of some comic character. Dutifully ignoring that I probably looked like the last retard on earth I tiptoed over, my eyes almost bulging out of their sockets when I saw the loving look that Jonghun gave my best friend! And, oh my gosh! He wasn't thinking of ruffling her hair right now, was he?!! I need ice tea and popcorn! Where the hell was my ice tea and popcorn?!!

But right then this... very supportive SHINee fangirl (not that I wasn't one myself... ^^) had to interrupt my best drama-watching-session ever!

“KYAAAAAA~ It’s Jonghyun again!!! OMG!!” That girl screamed and in the split second that I turned my head to glare at the source of interruption the main leads of my personal drama had left the scene...! It was one hell of a cliff-hanger!

--- FLASHBACK END ---

And now anyone tell me that the chemistry between them wasn’t obvious!

But to be honest I hadn't expected for them to have progressed that far already. Actually I thought she still hadn't fully closed the Hae-chapter...

I mean that's why I had pushed her to go on a date with Donghae! Because I felt that she first needed to sort out her feelings in order to figure out who she truly loved! (Meaning Jonghyun, of course! ^_^)

"No, I guess we don't..." Onew answered with a smile and made me remember that I was actually still at the amusement park with four other insanely handsome guys!

"Huh, why?" Taemin inquired but I didn't get to answer him anymore. Because just then the main leads of my drama came walking into the scene again. Though, it looked like I had missed an episode. For they were walking as far apart from each other as possible and were avoiding eye contact at all costs. The whole situation was basically screaming AWKWARD into our faces! I also noticed that Jonghyun had changed his sweater but I didn't even dare ask.

And when Key jumped into the cold water and wanted to know whether something had happened they both simultaneously glanced at each other, then looked away hurriedly, and shook their heads. Well, they couldn’t have lied more obviously...!

 

---------

A little later we were walking around aimlessly, when I suddenly noticed that Ha Neul was missing. And only upon looking backwards I saw her trotting behind us listlessly. Oh no… I glanced at my wristwatch. Almost seven pm already. Crap, that girl urgently needed—

“Hey, noona? What’s wrong? Feeling bored? Want to play a game with me?” Apparently Taemin had noticed Ha Neul’s bad mood too and was now trying to cheer her up. How nice of him…! It isn’t going to work though…

“No.” Like I’d expected, Ha Neul simply brushed the poor guy aside. That’s a hungry Ha Neul for you. If she doesn’t get her meals on time she’ll turn into the crankiest person you’ll ever meet. That’s why I needed to get her something to eat ASAP. I was just about to head for the next food stand when Jonghyun spoke up. “Hey, guys, I’m getting hungry. Let’s go eat something?”

Shortly after, we were sitting in the most expensive looking restaurant of the whole park and placing our orders. Sitting in the restaurant where the delicious smell of food is everywhere, we all suddenly felt very hungry, so the waitress looked quite challenged with the amount of dishes we ordered…

Except for Ha Neul. That fool ordered nothing more than a salad…! “Yah, Ha Neul,” I started. “Order some more! Or you’ll—“

“…and in addition a big plate of stir-fried shrimps.” For some reason, all heads snapped in his direction when Jonghyun ordered his food.

“Uhh, hyung?” Key looked at Jonghuyn worriedly. “You do remember that you are allergic against shrimps, right?”

“Of course,” he replied nonchalantly. “They’re not for me.” Everyone looked at him puzzled. “Huh?”

With a smirk, Jonghyun turned to the waiter again. “For the lady over there please.” And to everyone’s surprise he gestured at Ha Neul. “Me?” The latter asked and squinted her eyes at him suspiciously. “Why? I’m not hungry.”

Wait… It can’t be… Anyia. How would he know about her eating issue, too… right?

“But didn’t you say that you really craved back at SMent?” Oh, so that was his reason… Though… there was something about his smile that told me that wasn’t everything…?

And strengthening my suspicion, my BFF’s expression turned sour at that comment of his. “You clearly know that wasn’t what I meant…!” She grumbled and gave him a pointed look before she averted her eyes.

 

Narrator’s POV

When the food finally arrived, Ha Neul still refused to touch the shrimps Jonghyun had ordered for her. “Oy, why aren’t you eating?” He frowned.

“Didn’t you hear me when I said I wasn’t hungry?!” Ha Neul snapped back and attacked the salad she had ordered herself instead.

Jonghyun sighed. “Fine. You leave me no other choice then! Minho, pass me the plate please. I’ll eat them.”

“Hyung?!” Minho exclaimed but made no attempt to do as asked.

“I said, pass me the plate please,” Jonghyun repeated.

 “Yah! What the hell are you doing?” Ha Neul interjected with her brow furrowed. “You’ll die!”

“Then you eat them already!”

“I said I was not hungry!!”

“Aisht! Will you stop being so stubborn already?!” Jonghyun finally blew his top. “You’re obviously starving!!”

No way! He really did know?? Hyo Rin looked at him in surprise. Just how much did he know?! But her dear best friend still wasn’t feeling like giving in… “I’m not! I—“

Jonghyun quickly cut her off by shoving a shrimp into her open mouth. “Quit talking and eat.”

Hyo Rin blinked. O~kay…? That looked only slightly disturbing…? She glanced at the others and found them staring speechlessly at the two as well. But either Jonghyun didn’t notice or he just pretended not to and continued eating his own food. “I indeed chose the right place… It’s good.” He commented self-complacently and pointed at his plate.

“Hmmm!” Onew just nodded his head in approval; his mouth was too busy eating his chicken. (Obviously! ^^)

“T-true…!” Hyo Rin tried to answer as normal as possible. “It’s world-class...! Right Ha Neul?” She turned to her best friend; curious about the her best friend would react.

“Yeah… it’s world-class…” Ha Neul grudgingly admitted. But then she added under her breath: “If it even appeals to the picky taste buds of his highness Kim Jonghyun…!”

Although nobody else had, Jonghyun had still heard her. “Would you stop criticising my eating habits already?!” He shot back. “Besides, my taste is not picky…” Ha Neul threw him a disbelieving look. “It’s exquisite!”

“Oh, puh-lease! In the end it just means you can’t eat half of the food sold on the market!”

“Well, at least that’s better than a certain someone who eats just about anything even if it’s burned beyond recognition!”

“Well, sorry for being a bad cook!”

“That was the biggest understatement of the century…”

Ha Neul just glared at him sourly.

“But thank God the world is balanced for that matter, right?” Jonghyun added and smirked at her.

“Yes, thank God the world is balanced so that there is someone to save your sorry if you go wander around in the city and need someone to buy you a hooded sweater, right?” Ha Neul smiled back at him and watched with satisfaction as Jonghyun’s smirk turned into a scowl.

“Since when did they start bickering like a married couple??” Key asked dumbfounded but no one answered him.

“I still haven’t forgiven you for that one!” Jonghyun grumbled and stabbed his food.

“Wrong. You still haven’t REPAYED me for that one!” Ha Neul corrected him.

“It has two goddamn FEELERS!!” Jonghyun exclaimed irritated.

“It’s cute.” Ha Neul replied unfazed.

“And it’s ing GREEN!!”

“You wrote down green as your favourite colour.”

“Not THAT green!!!”

“And how would I know?”

“Ghhadd! You’re insufferable!”

“Don’t worry, it’s not contagious….”

Jonghyun laughed. “Not contagious?! What nonsense are you babbling now? You sure you have a hundred and sixty something IQ?”

“Wow, noona, you have an IQ of hundred and sixty something?!” Taemin looked up from his plate. “You’re SMART!!”

“Nah, not really…” Jonghyun commented.

“Yeah, because YOU are a genius…!” Ha Neul retorted sarcastically.

“Ah, at last she gets it!”

Ha Neul just stared at him. “The kitchen is going to BURN! I tell you, BURNNNN!!!”

“But you got your shrimps…?” Jonghyun countered with an innocent smile. “Besides…” He trailed of meaningfully which only made Ha Neul glare at him suspiciously. “Besides?”

“Besides, I really can’t understand how you’re not scared at all of destroyed kitchens but as soon as it comes to parking lots…” He shook his head theatrically. “I really don’t understand…”

“What about destroyed parking lots?” Key interjected confused. Like everyone he’d been following their exchange of pleasantries with growing amazement. And it was killing him that he didn’t know what was going on. But finally his hyung seemed to take pity on him. “Oh, about that… Should I tell him?” Jonghyun said as if he was thinking out loud and threw a mischievous glance at Ha Neul. “About the rundown parking lo—“

“YAHHH!!!!” Ha Neul hurriedly shut him up, her cheeks blushing furiously and her eyes widened in mortification. She’d realised just in time what incident he was trying to make her remember. And there was no way she could let him tell anyone about it!! It was beyond embarrassing!

“Okay… What am I missing??” Key asked again while looking, just like the others, back and forth between the two with wide eyes.

“Nothing,” Hyo Rin answered casually in Ha Neul’s stead, the latter being busy hiding her embarrassed face in her hands. Hyo Rin smiled amused. “They seem to always be like this…”

“Always like this?” Onew inquired confused.

Hyo Rin looked at them surprised. “You mean… you guys don’t know?”

Four guys shook their heads simultaneously. “Know what?”

“That we attend the same university as Jonghyun?”

Now it was SHINee’s turn to look stunned. “You two know?!!”

Hyo Rin blinked and tilted her head. “Jonghyun didn’t tell you?”

“No!” Four heads accusingly turned to Jonghyun.

But he had been too preoccupied by amusing himself at Ha Neul’s reaction to follow their conversation. “What?”

“Ha Neul and Hyo Rin know that you’re attending Seoul university disguised as a nerd?!”

“Yes…?”

“How??? Why??? Since when???”

“Not telling.” Jonghyun smugly stared at his octopus tentacles and continued eating.

Thus s turned to Hyo Rin. “How did you find out??”

“Actually, Ha Neul slipped it…” Hyo Rin answered truthfully.

“So Ha Neul found out first?” Minho clarified. “How?”

“In fact, that is a good question!” Hyo Rin turned to Ha Neul. “How did you find out Jonghyun attends our university?”

“Uuhh, that day in the hallway… when we both weren’t paying attention… and I… um… got to see his face quite clearly…” Ha Neul cast her eyes down embarrassed.

“Ehh?? So it happened when he pushed you to the ground?!” Hyo Rin repeated somewhat excited.

“You pushed her to the ground at the university?!!” Taemin exclaimed scandalised. “Hyung~!!!”

“I didn’t push her to the ground!!” Jonghyun protested. “We collided and fell down…”

“Still! So romantic~!!” The maknae just wouldn’t let go of the scenario he had imagined in his mind.

“Oh! Talking about romantic! That isn’t the only incident you know?” Hyo Rin told Taemin excitedly.

Ha Neul glared at her best friend warningly. “Rin…!”

But the latter conveniently choose to ignore it. “He also once drove her to university! Omo, you actually know that! Remember the last time, I asked you whether you knew who it was but you all denied it! Even the ‘culprit’ himself…!” She grinned at Jonghyun who was suddenly busy analysing the pattern of the wooden table. “And they even fed each other during lunch once!!” Hyo Rin continued. “According to the rumours at least…”

“Hyung did?” Taemin eyed Jonghyun doubtfully. “Did you really, hyung?”

He only earned a glare full of wrath.

Sensing that Jonghyun was seriously getting pissed by the whole thing, Ha Neul sighed. “I forced him to do it. Because I wanted to show some es that one can have friends and get along well even if one is a nerd… I’m kind of…” She averted her eyes. “…easily agitated when it comes to that topic… So, can we talk about something else, please?” Ha Neul looked at Hyo Rin pleadingly hoping that her best friend would get the hint.

And to Ha Neul’s relieve, Hyo Rin really seemed to get it. “Arasso. Let’s talk about something else… Hmmm… Oh! I know! In the interview you guys announced that you’d be going to Japan soon! To do promotions and such… Do you already know when you will be going exactly?”

Ha Neul’s head snapped up. “You’ll be going to Japan? When?” She asked Jonghyun.

“In a week or so…” He replied as if it was nothing special.

“For how long?” Ha Neul didn’t know why but that piece of information was really important to her.

“Almost two weeks…”

Ha Neul froze. Two weeks… Why did it feel like forever? But she swallowed this sudden bitter taste in and forced a smile. “Cool! I always wanted to visit Japan once!”

Liar. Jonghyun thought. You don’t like travelling…

He gave a dry smile. “I won’t be seeing much of it anyway… We’ll be busy…”

“Oh…” Ha Neul felt dull.

Noticing this, Hyo Rin gently nudged Ha Neul. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

But Ha Neul just shook her head. “It’s nothing.”

Hyo Rin stared at Ha Neul for a little longer before a knowing smile stole itself on her lips.

 

Ha Neul’s POV

After we had finished our dinner, we decided that it was about time to go back again. Taemin was seeing Hyo Rin home, so it was only us five left. Hyo Rin had an early curfew lately because she’d been staying out for too long with her boyfriend and her father had put an end to it. But to say the truth, I was actually quite glad about it, because I didn’t really approve of her current boyfriend. He was a useless jerk. A good for nothing rich kid that only knew how to get his way with the ladies… I was pretty sure that he only went out with Hyo Rin because she was the school beauty… I tried telling her, but of course she wouldn’t hear anything of it… =_=

Anyway, so now it was only us five left and to Jonghyun and my horror, the others decided that we should go to Jonghyun’s apartment to finish the day off! Of course, we tried to argue against it but as his apartment was quite close to the amusement park we didn’t really have any convincing arguments…

Hence, Jonghyun hurriedly came up with some ridiculous excuse so he could rush home and hide my stuff while I was responsible for delaying the other three as long as possible. But I wasn’t very successful and in the end we stood in front of apartment door and I hesitantly pressed the doorbell, praying that he was done nonetheless.

But no one answered. I rang the doorbell a second time and was already starting to panic when that Alien Terrorist’s voice sounded from behind us. “Hey guys! Sorry for making you wait; I was just taking out some trash…”

I exhaled relieved. Phew~! So he managed to bring my things to the security guy downstairs in time…!

He opened the door for us and we walked in. “Uwah, seeing this living room again makes me remember bad things,” Key shuddered.

“Yah, don’t talk about it!” Onew answered in a hushed tone and gave him a warning look. “Don’t provoke it!”

“Huh, what are you guys talking about? What bad things?” I asked curiously but they quickly changed the topic. “Ah, nothing-nothing!” Key waved it away with an uncomfortable smile. “Hyung, do you have some liquor? I think I ate too much tonight…” He asked Jonghyun and held his stomach.

The latter just looked at him and sighed. “Really. You never learn, do you…” But he still proceeded to the cupboard and took out a bottle. However, when I saw which bottle he took out exactly, I froze.

That was the bottle Shil Hye had emptied!!!

Oh hell! Oh hell!!

I was desperately trying to think of a way to get Jonghyun to pick any other bottle but this one when he already poured Key a shot. I cursed under my breath and hid my face behind my hands. Peeking through my fingers I saw Key taking the shot glass from Jonghyun with a “Thanks!” I watched him bringing the glass to his lips and saw his expression turning into a confused frown when he took the first sip.

“Err, hyung? You sure this is liquor?” He asked inevitably and I mentally prepared myself for my death sentence. Where is Shil Hye? I need to get her out of here…!

But I didn’t get to carry out my plan. Because the moment Key posed his question Jonghyun’s head snapped in my direction and seeing me guiltily covering my face his eyes widened. “Yah! What did you DO?!” He mouthed and glowered at me.

I hurriedly raised my hands above my head and put on the most apologetic expression I could muster. I was suddenly very thankful for the presence of s; until they left that Alien Terrorist would have to postpone his sentence!

“Ha Neul? What are you doing?” Onew interrupted my thoughts and I quickly lowered my hands again forcing a smile. “Ahaha… Nothing.”

I risked another glance at that Alien Terrorist and I think I was temporarily gifted with the skill of telepathy… Because I understood the telepathic waves that he sent to me perfectly: “You are so~ dead!”

Oh, boy… I was so screwed…!! TT.TT

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Those two! THOSE TWO!!! I swear they must be a pair of devils sent from hell to make my life miserable!! One empties the whole bottle of my favourite liquor and the other has the audacity to refill it with water and put it back as if nothing happened?! The nerve!!

I massaged my temples as I stared at the girl standing in front of me. I had finally managed to convince my members to leave so that I could have a talk with this girl…! She had ducked her head and her eyes were cast down. But occasionally she would chance a glance upwards only to hurriedly look down again when she saw my displeased glare. (It took quite some effort to maintain that glare; she looked too darn cute…!)

“So, that time, the little monster wrecked all that havoc because she was drunk?” I clarified and watched her nod her head guiltily. Awww~!

“And because you were scared of me finding out that the little monster had sneaked into my bedroom you just secretly refilled it with water?”

Again she nodded her head timidly. God! She was so damn adorable!!

Sh!t. I clenched my teeth. This needed to stop. “Whatever… just don’t let her do it again…” I mumbled and turned away. But then that Ghosty grabbed my sleeve and I froze. I swallowed hard and turned around again. “What?”

“You’re letting it go just like that?” She asked, obviously confused, and her beautiful dark orbs were searching my face. I my suddenly dry lips and tried not to look at her face.

To no avail. Despite my great efforts not to, my eyes just returned to her beautiful and intelligent looking eyes, her lovely nose, her temptingly red lips… And although I vehemently fought not to, I instantly I recalled this afternoon’s events. Her clinging to me on the roller-coaster… Her having fun during the water fight… Her by sunlight illuminated figure on the boat… And most of all; that kiss on the meadow… I had never felt like that when kissing someone. I had never lost my cool like that. I had always been in control over what was happening. Always!

“Jonghyun?” Her clear voice made me snap out of my thoughts instantly. She was looking at me worriedly and I once again felt the control over my facial expressions slip away from me. “Is something wrong?” She asked and took a step nearer, letting me get a whiff of her sweet scent…

I took a sharp intake of breath and forced myself to unclasp her fingers from my arm and turned away. “No, there’s nothing wrong,” I lied and willed myself to walk away. When all I actually wanted was to run back to her and feel her in my arms and bury my nose in her hair… Damn!

I shut the bedroom door behind me and leaned against it. I momentarily closed my eyes and breathed through my mouth. I raised my right hand to my chest and felt the rapid beating of my heart.

What is wrong with you, Jonghyun? Since when are you letting a little girl affect you to this extent? This is not like you!

That’s right… This is not like me… There’s no way I would suddenly feel attracted to THAT Ghosty! Therefore it must be her working her Ghosty powers on me!

Exactly! So, buck up and stop letting her pull you around like this!

Having finally re-found my resolve, I reopened the door and stepped out. But that Ghosty was already nowhere in sight anymore. I guessed, she must have returned to her bedroom. Oh well, it wasn’t like my lecture couldn’t wait until tomorrow morning…!

Thus, I washed up and went to bed. I shortly wondered whether that Ghosty would come and sleep in my bed this night too, but then I quickly dismissed that thought again. After all, she’d be stupid to walk right into the lion’s den just after having provoked him like this…

But there was this small voice saying that I still wished she would come…

I made sure to shut up that voice instantly.

 

-------

The air was filled with a fragrant flowery scent, the sun pleasantly warmed my skin, and I seemed to be on some sort of meadow that gave me a strangely familiar feeling. I let my eyes wander about the peaceful scenery… listening to the calming sounds of the nature around me…

Suddenly a sound so beautiful I had never heard anything comparable in my entire life aded the air. And after listening to it a little longer (after the first second of awe had passed) I realised it was the pearling laughter of a girl. I whirled around but no matter where I turned there was no one in sight. I already thought I had been hallucinating, when...

"Looking for me?" That same beautiful voice chuckled and before I could even move my little finger I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind, the sweet scent of peach enveloping me. Instantly, my head snapped around and looking over my shoulder I was bedazzled by the brilliant smile of my roommate. She was resting her chin on my shoulder and was looking up to me in a way that made my stomach do a backflip. If she was ever going to look like that at another guy, I would have to kill him.

But right now, she was looking like that at me only and we were completely alone. So I didn't have to learn an assassin’s skills just yet...

I grabbed her arm, pulled her in front of me, and folded my hands behind her back. "Caught you!" I said and smiled at her playfully. I then watched her expression turning thoughtfully but noticed the mischievous gleam in her eyes just a second too late. In one swift movement she had broken out of my embrace and had skipped away. "Ha! You wish!" She grinned cheekily and stuck her tongue out at me. "Meeerong~~!"

That little...! "Yah! Get back here!!" I called after her but she just shrugged her shoulders and pulled another merong-face. "No way! Hahahahaha~"

"Just you wait until I get my hands on you!" I threatened jokingly and started chasing her across the meadow.

"In your dreams! 'Cause I am Ghost. Ghosty Ghost! Kyahahahaha~!!"

And she would keep her word; I really couldn't catch her! So I had to think of another way. I let myself fall down onto the grass and groaned. And it didn't even take a second until she was kneeling by my side. "Yah, what happened?? Are you alright?? Where does it hurt?" She asked worriedly.

"I-it's nothing..." I answered, faking a pained expression. "I think I just twisted my foot a little..."

"Let me see!" Out of the corner of my eyes I watched her as she carefully inspected my foot and I grinned. Now! Before she could jump away again I firmly wrapped my arms around her and pulled her towards my chest. "Caught you once more..." I whispered into her ear and lay down on the grass, taking her with me. I then carefully put her head on my chest and hugged her tightly.

Closing my eyes I listened to our hearts beating in sync and felt her chest rise and fall as she breathed in and out. If anyone wanted to know the meaning of peace, then this was the epitome of it; this was peace in its purest form. I could have stayed like this for the rest of my life and even longer.

But at a certain point I realised that there was something off. Flowers were blooming everywhere yet it was late autumn... Then, this was the meadow from the amusement park (as I finally noticed) but, unlike that one, this meadow wasn't surrounded by trees but was in the wide open... And, furthermore, since the very beginning the sun hasn't moved even an inch but kept hovering just above the horizon...

There was only one explanation, really... That I was dreaming...

And the moment I considered that thought, the image was already fading. I tried to hold on to it, not wanting to leave this peacefulness, but as it goes with dreams, they never do as you want them to...

I slowly opened my eyes, expecting there to be a feeling of loss because now my arms would be empty. But it didn’t come. It still felt like I was holding someone in my arms. I still felt complete.

I glanced down and to my surprise found myself looking at no one other than Ghosty! So that idiot really had come to the lion’s den…

I smiled contented and tightened my hold on her.

But then I woke up fully and my mind registered what I was actually doing. Instantly, I pushed her away and jumped off the bed. Breathing heavily I turned around again to look at her. What is this? Now she’s even working her powers when asleep?!

I tore my eyes from the entrancing view of her sleeping figure and started walking towards the door. There was no way I could possibly continue to sleep in the same room as her!

However, I hadn’t even taken a single step when I felt a hand grab my wrist. And I gasped. This was most definitely not the first time that a woman had touched my wrist. In fact, I had woman touch much more sensible places.

And yet, never before had a touch this simple sparked such a surge of sensations. Like an electric current that ran through my entire body and alerted my every nerve. The pleasant aching that had but one meaning.... That I wanted this woman.... That feeling, I knew it all too well...

But there was something more to it than just that, something I couldn’t recognise. Because it was entirely strange to me. Although, if I thought about it, not completely strange; that time in the parking lot of SMent, the feeling had been similar… Or today on that boat… Or during the kiss… Actually, I’d felt it countless of times before, I realised. It had just never been strong enough to catch my attention like it did right now…

 


Good news, I DID manage to update another chapter before I'm heading off again...! ^^

Oh, and thanks for all your comments!!!! I'm glad I managed to make you feel the same way as I feel when reading stories I like... *><* Me feels VERY HAPPY right now!!!! <3 Hehehehehe